The MNCup Tournament

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by groundcontrol, November 3, 2013.

1. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

The waiting list is for extra players if anyone drops out. Or if we get enough for extra teams. As for captain picking order I would probably just use a random number generator to decide pick order. In fact i'll do that right now.

Captain 3 gets first.
  2. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

Updated the original post. Would like feedback on having the team captains all be gunner and then pick in rounds for certain classes IE the first round would go to picking assaults or what have you.
  3. feedle

feedle Post Master General

why dont we have players vote for captains?
    this might solve some things...
  4. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Don't over analyze. Just do it.
  5. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

Captains shouldn't be Gunners, I think.
  6. ghostmachine11

ghostmachine11 Member

i feel like joining one of your guy's private match someday.

-spookyspectre11
  7. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

I'll try to see if your online next time we host one. Is spookyspectre11 the exact spelling for your gamertag?
    ghostmachine11 likes this.
  8. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Jurisdiction is definitely in
  9. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

Yes it is
    naka333 likes this.
  10. feedle

anyone is welcome to join as long as they do don't do what madboyz did.
  11. leov1993

Ah yes, the madboyz.... What'd they do?
    naka333 likes this.
  12. naka333

naka333 New Member

Leo told me so, so... Me (naka333).
  13. feedle

he wouldnt leave the party while we were setting up the game and kept accepting invites and screwing up the team. He was playing sniper trying to spawn trap bots or something stupid... anyhow hes not welcome no more.

Anyone can play as long as they will help when others ask for help and do usefull things .
  14. operatingdeck881572

operatingdeck881572 Active Member

y0u reap what you sow
  15. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

Actually put me down for just sniper please.
  16. teapot

teapot Post Master General

One of the biggest issues for these draft tournaments isn't the number interested, but the number who are dedicated. We try and try again to get these to work, but they just don't get off the ground. We had 2 in the past that looked amazing and had potential, but only got a one or two matches in the first round.

Many are down for the concept, but its tough to devote time in advance when you have no idea what people's time schedules are.

An option we should weigh is either possibly have all captains sit down and talk about team balance, and attempt to see if we can balance it between many factors. Another option which I am leaning more in favor to is having the captains reach out to the players they want and see if they join up. I know it won't be as balanced, but as long as captains don't try to stack teams too hard, it might be more effective in scheduling matches.

I personally would like to captain and choose my own team, however I don't plan on making GPv2. I want to make a very solid team of less experienced players who I feel deserve a shot at seeing how well they can handle competitive play. If anyone has any thoughts or objections let me know. The only class I would look into a more experienced player is gunner. However, if there was someone who actually wanted to play gunner in this tournament, can claw, an wants to learn, I'd pick them up no problem.

Gxmbit hasn't played in months and most likely won't participate if I'm not on his team. Jurisdiction is definitely in on this tournament, but would also prefer to be on my team.
  17. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone can argue against this. No matter what, each team will have new/inexperienced players and to be honest I think we all just want to play. This game is long past the days of competition and balance.
  18. leov1993

So how's the choosing gonna happen? I imagine that the captains are going to all join a party and pick, then the rosters will be posted here along with the time/date of the actual tournament... Right?

Truth.
    naka333 likes this.
  19. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

Honestly if you guys want this to work the captains will need to have the players they pick on their friends. It sounds simple but since this community isn't a very committed one i feel that to urge people and push them to participate in anything they will need to see when the person is online and available so they can push them to get on MNC and play. I know if i was captains and i had purple scratchy or some random person on my team i would never contact them simply because i don't care to talk to them or even put in any effort to communicate with them.
  20. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

I like your idea teapot I just figured drafting would be a better solution just because look what happened to monstarz and the frank republic. But with this many players responding to me that they would be interested in playing we could definitely make it work as long as captains are trying to make balanced teams. Once Saturday comes around I will have a week entirely free so lets try getting something rolling this weekend. Also if nobody wants to be a captain I will just assume that someone like Lead/Gunked/Frank will step in when the time approaches.