The Leaving MNC for Brink Posts

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by nephandys, April 13, 2011.

1. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Seriously? Of all the words to use to complain about Brink, generic is the LAST thing I would use.

Please name one thing generic about Brink.

Is it the SMART button that has never been done in any shooter ever?
    Is it the lack of KDR stats to support teamwork?
    Is it the immense character customization that blows every other shooter out of the water?
    Is it the ability to choose guns based on your body type instead of class?
    Is it the MMO type character system where you will need multiple specialized characters?
    Is it the ability to leave and have an AI take over for you?
    Is it the incredibly intelligent AI that everyone who has played it says is indistinguishable from humans?
    Is it the ability to play 8 player co-op?
    Is it the lack of damaging grenades to prevent spam?
    Is it the lack of sniper rifles to prevent campers?
    Is it the abilities that are more like MNC and TF2 than the other generic shooters?

I mean come on. Brink isn't perfect, but it is FAR from generic. :roll:

Most of the players in this game play for the ability based, objective oriented, and fun game MNC offers. Brink is doing the exact same thing and, imo, is focusing the game on objectives way better than MNC.
    Last edited: April 13, 2011
  2. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Oh cool. I didn't know that.

It sounds cool but can't "indistinguishable from humans" be interchangeable with "Set to Hard, not Normal, not Very Hard"?

I mean, seriously. It sounds interesting. But if it's indistinguishable does that mean the AI is programmed to like, make mistakes? :shock:

Otherwise, I'd love playing a game and playing it all way not even realizing half my team ragequit, win or lose.
  3. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

The AI actually learns, which is what makes it indistinguishable. It will look at what is currently happening and what has happened that match and then choose routes/shooting lanes based on what has been effective that match for that team. When the enemy team adapts, so does the AI.

So if you do something new, the AI will essentially make a mistake because it will be in the wrong position since you are somewhere it didn't think you should be. Of course if it sees you on the radar or something, it'll know where you are.

Basically, they took the same decision making process that most shooter gamers do and programmed it into an AI.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Brink IS going to change the FPS genre forever.
  5. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

"Coming soon to Steam".

[​IMG]
  6. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

Whats coming soon to steam?
  7. Pothocket

Pothocket New Member

Is it the lack of sniper rifles to prevent campers?

I knew it! **** yes. No sniping is freaking awesome. God, why does every MP game feel the need to have sniping in it? Not only does it screw with balance and level design, it's the most unsportsmanlike like way I can think of to gun down another person. Do developers realize they're encouraging unsportsmanlike behavior by adding sniper rifles, or does it even cross their mind that not every game has to have sniping and adding it for variety sake is lazy game design?

Although idiots are still going to camp, I think the mission objective experience system is what's going to encourage people to actually do something.
  8. MLGIntervention

I have never played a game with out a LongShot rifle in it.
  9. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Does that mean you never will? Or just that there has never been a shooter made without one?
  10. DeadStretch

What about weapons like the Railgun?
  11. Pothocket

Pothocket New Member

And...what are you saying?
  12. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Uncle Tully's Funland - check out the updated banner at the top of the page.
  13. MLGIntervention

No sniper is going to make automatic guns over powered up close i would take a intervention over a Ump45.
  14. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

All we know is there will be no OHKO weapons, there are no sniper rifles, and that hip firing can be made super effective with the right abilities (quick scoping won't be necessary if you choose to mod your guns that way or choose specific abilities).

And since the game uses ballistic guns (and rocket launchers, etc) I can't forsee them having anything that works like a railgun (long distance, instant hit).
  15. Pothocket

Pothocket New Member

Checked the brink wiki, turns out you can add sniper scopes to guns. So if the game has single shot semi-auto assault rifles, there's your sniper rifle right there. Damn.

http://brink.wikia.com/wiki/Scopes/Sights
  16. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Well, there WAS a sniper in the trailer. And he did get pwned pretty hard.
  17. DeadStretch

If you know Splash Damage's past games you would know they never had a OHK weapon. Now they do/did have Sniper Rifles and the such. Actually their explosives were OHK "weapons."
  18. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

19. Pothocket

Pothocket New Member

Also found out that scopes don't increase the range or accuracy of a gun, so that's good.

Good to read what the developer said there. Makes me happy that he could care less about making snipers happy.
  20. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

As soon as DLC comes on Xbox, there will be triple as many threads saying "awesome!1111!nezz", "UBER TEH BEST" etc.