The Latest From Star Citizen (2.6, Star Marine, and More!)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Geers, August 16, 2014.

1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Gandalf owns a SPACESHIP!?
  2. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

We're making a pirate group too. I got mustang alpha. Upgrading to a delta later and might buy a Gladius also
  3. Geers

Usually I'd wait until bigger news was around but I just love the song choice in this trailer a lot for some reason:

What? Actual news? FINE! The Public Test Universe launched, which is basically an alpha-patch for the already-existing alpha. Gotta make sure that new patch is stable enough for the alpha!

Oh and also they're opening a publishing company in the UK which means Europeans pay VAT. So that sucks.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14433-VAT-Change-Announcement

I guess I'll throw this in too. Some community member did some lore narration which is a good thing to listen to:
    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/65353/galactic-guide-my-voice-is-my-art/p1
    Last edited: January 22, 2015
  4. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Can I change it to Bar Citizen?
    tatsujb likes this.
  5. Geers

[​IMG]

And here's one on a spaceship:

[​IMG]

And here's the liquor cabinet you can get for your hangar:

[​IMG]
    cdrkf and squishypon3 like this.
  6. kvalheim

None of those bars have Fibbage.
  7. Geers

Finally! It's been a few days but they edited the presentation from PAX South together:

Also here's Chris' speech from BAFTA, which is really interesting on the industry side of things:

Last edited: January 28, 2015
    cdrkf likes this.
  8. Geers

Looks like they're uploading the individual panels. YAY!

*more to come*

"you know" is now an official Star Citizen meme.
    Last edited: January 31, 2015
    cdrkf likes this.
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

@Geers out if interest what ship you got?

I'm rocking a mustang omega (amd exclusive racer, and is bloody quick :))....
  10. Geers

An Origin 300i. Thinking of upgrading to a business-class hangar. Because it's all sleek 'n' blue.
    cdrkf likes this.
  11. Geers

Last edited: January 31, 2015
    websterx01 and theseeker2 like this.
  12. kvalheim

Going cynic-mode again...

This is a lot of text for an idea that isn't particularly groundbreaking.
    I get the importance for a lot of this building up from a world-building perspective, but... pretty much every Sci-Fi game now uses stuff like in-game Augmented Reality glasses / devices / helmet / phone / whatever
  13. Geers

Well it's because until now there's been very little info on how it will work. Plus we get a sneak peak at how the economy is scaled. There's a mission reward that's 5000 credits. And in another picture you can get a laser weapon for 4000 credits.
  14. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

:> it's "try" but yeah, lulz!
  15. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

Interesting, they've moved beyond the fighter module already?
  16. Geers

DA HELL!? I swear it said trade!
  17. kvalheim

Economy is probably a lot more important, than a HUGE post on an "ARG-UI".
    It's stuff like this that bothers me more, mostly cos it's ENTIRELY the stuff I would do if I was developing a game. Focus on stupidly long pieces about shiny UI elements or ships, like it's groundbreaking.
    At most, the idea of the UI being an item that can -break- seems cool, but could get dangerously close to just being a hassle.
  18. Geers

UI is pretty damn important. The only reason they haven't chugged out a massive report on the economy system is because it's not ready to share, there's still stuff to figure out. MobiGlas has existed as a concept for a long time and it's only now we get this big detailed report. The next report will be all about the inventory system and how you carry stuff and store it etc. Basic idea is the more pockets and backpacks you're wearing, the larger your personal inventory is. You can put that stuff in a crate, and put that crate in your ship, and you can stick your ship into your hangar, where I'm pretty sure there's a cargo storage area as well. So you'll have an inventoryception.

Oh and the same thought popped into my head to, it could get annoying. But they have a solution for that:

Untitled.jpg
  19. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

@kvalheim

It's kind of nice that they're putting out all of this information on it, even if it isn't very unique. If they put this much effort on everything, unique or not, it will allow players to become as informed as possible.

Edit: I hate android 4.4.4 so much...
    Geers likes this.
  20. kvalheim

I still prefer to be a sceptic, because this game looks like something I'd have enjoyed, but there's too much that -could- go off. Would rather have exceeded low expectations that lowered high ones.
    They put out a lot of fluff work and art before the game seems to be working in basic forms