The E3 2014 Thread

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Geers, June 9, 2014.

1. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

You didn't miss much, this pretty much sums it up:
    4644.jpg
    Seriously, they showed off one game and nothing else. I honestly can't think of why they even came.
  2. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Anyone interested in Evolve? I certainly have my eye on it. A 4v1 co-op survival-hunting...thing.

Made by the same people as Left 4 Dead 2.
    PhoneySpring646 likes this.
  3. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Left for dead was a fun enough game, but Evolve speaks much more to me. I love the thought of a solid 4v1 style game!
  4. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I want to be the Medic in Evolve, but dammit I hate sniper rifles.
  5. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

Just finished watching all the conferences. Thought it was pretty aight.

Sony definitely had the dullest presentation, though it wasn't terrible. Was kind of a weird move that they showcased Entwined. The analog stick gimmick that was used in brothers is kind of neat, but the overall game looked pretty boring. No Mans Sky, Abzu, and LB3 all have my interest.

Was kind of hoping Microsoft would pull another 2013, but theirs ended up being decent. A lot of stale game franchises, but that's to be expected. Evolve and Fable Legends stood out to me the most. I've kind of been hoping for a game somewhere between the two. Division is the only other game that caught my attention.

For me, Nintendo "won", but just by a sliver. It was entertaining and the whole thing just flowed a lot better since it wasn't live. Smash4, Kirby, and Zelda all look decent so far. Splatoon was my favorite out of all the presentations. I'm actually kind of sad that it'll probably be limited to the Wii U, since I prefer my shooters on PC.
  6. Geers

Just found out Star Citizen was at E3. Chris Roberts talks about the flight model:

And also crashes twice and gets a portion of his ship shot off.
  7. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Really only two games stood out to me at E3.

9. Geers

I'm going to pretend you mentioned No Man's Sky so I can continue believing you are a human being,
    PhoneySpring646 likes this.
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

11. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

All i have to say is OMG, its soo preety:)
    Dont know about how star citizen will do vs all that space planet interfacerns. But SC OMG its soo preety:)
  12. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

I don't care much for SC or it's shiny realism or space combat tbh. It's still early days but NMS looks like it'll have legitimate exploration as a core mechanic, and I love the stylistic art style it has. And the music, it's like spacey ethereal BIT.TRIP music.
  13. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

If I recall the gameplay for No Man's Sky correctly, it will play like a cross between FTL (survival/roguelike elements) and Evochron (space sim with planet landings). Very promising indeed! But darn, are those colors hard on the eyes!

Otherwise, in not getting much else from E3 to interest me. Then again, there is rarely anything at E3 that interests me anyway.
    Last edited: June 12, 2014
  14. lolmontoya

lolmontoya Active Member

Sunset overdrive and the halo 2 remake just sealed the deal for me on the matter of Xbox one over playstation
  15. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Sunset Overdrive looks REALLY good.
  16. lolmontoya

lolmontoya Active Member

It's not even that it will be good it's just that it looks different from the modern shooter sort of what MNC made me feel like
  17. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Ok, Cuphead looks fantastic. Here's
    Oh what?? Cuphead looks fantastic! I wish it was available now :) No Man's Sky looks beautiful and amazing and I'll want it as well, but for a fun 2D run & gun, I wanna play Cuphead
    DeadStretch likes this.
  18. teddythebear

teddythebear Member

Wow I haven't played an air armada game since... Stratosphere: Conquest of the Skies? Don't think anyone else ever played it tho lol.
  19. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

I missed the Microsoft conference since I was out with a friend, but yeah. Games seem to very slowly be realising that bright vibrant games make your tech look a lot better than grimy greyness. Just like Viva Pinata looked better than half the games that came out after it
    lolmontoya likes this.
  20. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

I hate to be cliched, but it's not that easy.

It is a cliche to call them "big bad publishers". Also, Projekt Red are a publisher :p