The Compliment Thread

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Cheesecakecrush, November 26, 2010.

1. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Seconded. Hopefully the forums won't get locked now :?

@ Goldielocks. He's been a good Gunner for a long *** time (back in the FoH days). The only reason he didn't go Gunner was that FoH couldn't get an assassin, but could get me to go Gunner.
  2. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Compliments to all in PM's last night, but especially to Chron2cle for his handling of a bad situation.

I got him killed playing my support (walked RIGHT next to him with red health without healing him and he died to explosive shot off of me) and he started to rage at me for about 3 seconds. He stopped mid word, explained what I did wrong, why it was wrong, and what to do to fix it. He was still pissed, but decided to go the "this is the mistake that needs to be corrected" route as opposed to the "you just suck" route. We did not dwell on it, just moved on. It was way more constructive than getting yelled at. I don't think I directly caused his death for the rest of the matches. Sadly, not even when I was against him :D
  3. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

It's been 6 months now and I can still perfectly imagine Chron going at you lol

Compliments to you all for still playing this game. It's been some time now.
  4. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

http://mylittlefacewhen.com/f/1892/
  5. joker

joker Active Member

Oh god lol the situation was me being red bar on the perimeter of steel peel behind some glass with a tank and sniper looking at me to finish the kill. Randoms support takes the jump pad, runs right into me hard enough where it might have killed me if that were possible, continues on without a heal, and as soon as he goes beyond the glass gets popped by an explosive round and we both die lol I can't remember if I was more initially dumbfounded, mad, or laughing. But toon unlike most new people talks ALOT during these for good communication, asking for advice if thrown on an unfamiliar class, and an otherwise very upbeat attitude. Because of that I immediately changed my tone and told him it happened because he is too zoned in on the gunner and that while it is his primary focus he needs to be aware of all situations and that it was fine. We went on to win that game. He also went from a 3/10 assassin skill level to about a 7/10 (pm standards) over the course if just one day from listening to me getting some pretty good mid game ball downs THROUGH HIS LISTENING AND COMMUNICATION and quickly was understanding when and how to adapt to good and bad situations his teams slayers put him in, and went from dying 30 times every game to half that, so compliments to randomtoon for being exactly what vets like to see in a new player, and we hope here are more of you out there.
    Last edited: January 18, 2012
  6. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I was in the party during that lol. It definitely wasn't chron's worst, and it did sound like he stopped and turned his rage into advice.

I think now more than ever the support's role is going to be a big priority in keeping the whole team alive. Juice is more important than ever, and i've frequently been hearing that people right before getting juice. Chemistry is important, and it's up to the assault/tank to keep themselves alive, as well as finding the support for the heal, and not just the support coming to you. Even more importantly it's got to be done without taking yourself out of the fight or K/D whoring.

I'll give a compliment to lil bloo panda who has jumped into PM's on various classes and has held his own just fine. Only issue is that he doesn't talk so it's hard to get a good push going. His tank is pretty all over the place too, instead of just containing a lane. That could work out with a good assassin whose mindful of both lanes, but it's the communication issue.
  7. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Wow, Lil Bloo Panda was new at this? I couldn't tell - his tank was more than a match for my assassin. There was more than one time on LazeRazor when I got bots to pretty much the turret nub and I would get a sudden charge 3\death blossom from behind. To you he may have seemed all over the place, but to me he always seemed to be in the right place at the right time...many compliments to him (or maybe it's a her, I have no idea) :)
  8. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

Maybe you were in the wrong place at the wrong time...

[​IMG]
  9. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

Compliments to everyone who played last night. Chron did a great job with encouragement and constructive criticism and Apathetic is a damn good assassin.

I know I'm forgetting people, but those two things are what stood out the most.
  10. teapot

He's not new to the game, but new to the private match scene. I guess he just started playing again, but took a long break before hand.

I've noticed he's come in to make the bot save plenty of times, but he doesn't take a lane and push it. I'll see shammas hang out in our left lane on lazorazor a lot, pushing bots and applying pressure, but not over extending. It's sort of a pattern that I notice. Lil bloo panda either doesn't have a pattern or I haven't figured it out yet. I've seen him rail gun me from every portion of the map, and fly around similar to a gunner's playstyle.

I'm definitely impressed with his tank, feel it could use a tiny bit of tweaking and a lot more communication. I feel comfortable with shammas/hawkshade and don't question their placements or movements, but with panda it's different mostly because theres no communication.
  11. De Troll

De Troll New Member

Compliments to everyone who participated in private games tonight.
    Compliments to Heacase's support for being crazy with the shotgun, Chron's all time great without armor, and Goldie's assassin for improving a ton since the last time I saw it.

R.I.P. McLovin :cry:
  12. joker

joker Active Member

armorless assault is too OP, thats why i wear armor
  13. Goldielocks

Goldielocks Member

Compliments to everyone that played the marathon of private matches last night, and to shammas for being so patient and healing my suicidal gunner. :)
  14. teapot

nobodys gonna compliment team Yan's win despite going against what I felt was a stacked team? or for keeping the ball down despite bloo's assault lagging out? :( No offense to yan, but he didn't exactly do a great job of picking. However, I'll give my team credit for doing more than I thought we were capable of. Communication was an issue with both feedle and bloo panda not being able to talk, but I'll compliment feedle's tank regardless.

I sent him a PM already, but i'll give him credit in those games last night. His stat's are never great, and his death's tend to be higher than the rest, but his chemistry with my assassin was unreal, despite not being able to talk. We teamed up and took down many turrets, made a lot of really hard bot pushes, and he's really focused on doing whatever will take the ball down at that time. I saw him push the bots in DB'ing for the assassin, I saw him turn around to negate the tank from stopping bots. I saw him harrass the bot pushers, switch lanes with me when needed to despite me not announcing it. Despite me having juice a lot, we were able to both push hard at the same time and get a single bot in here, and there. There were also 3 times in the same match where the other team's ball was 100% going to drop, that was completely saved by the anni. Think I got mad the first time that happened? Shoulda seen when it happened the third time. I need to work on being aware of the anni more.

It's easy for me to talk about my teammate's tank, but I'll also give Darron a compliment. I underestimated his tank and he definitely isn't someone I should take lightly. Made plenty of great saves and kills, and watched him battle it out with feedle, where he made some great plays.

gg
  15. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

I think we did a good job with what we had and it sucks that i cant speak up because i can be just as vocal as headcase. I do die alot but in the end i still think its rewarding to see the win rather then the loss. Having to keep the ball down with nothing but level 3 shavice and rockets is hell. But we managed to do it and it's one of the things I've always been good at is keeping the ball down despite how painfull it is.

I never have a good rail gun shot, i cant clutch passive or juice for the life of me. But I'll do what it takes to get the win.
  16. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

True dat.
  17. Goldielocks

Goldielocks Member

You guys were awesome it seemed like you really worked together well :)
  18. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Compliments to myself (BREAKING THE RULES IS FUN) for meleeing an assault out of his charge. Also, I GOT MY FIRST RUSTCLAN HATEMAIL. SUCCESS.
  19. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

>Implying i'm gone

I shouldn't do this but...................

http://flipvine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/my-****-hung.jpg
  20. choiio

choiio New Member

No offense Deadpool, but he has some bot pushing skills just out of anyones reach, even you.