The cheap cost of air is not logical

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by aerational, December 31, 2014.

1. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Wow, way to be a total jerk to one of the best PA players who is honestly trying to help you. It is actually very easy to counter bomber snipes now that anti-air targets them directly. Spam out t1 anti-air (tanks or planes) and a few flak and you are completely safe from even 100-200 bombers. Going for t2 naval was an incredibly naive strategy as the cost is huge compared to just getting some anti-air. Elodeah is simply pointing out that as long as you know they are building bombers, it's incredible easy to counter them. And you are being a complete jerk to him and everyone else in this thread. Bombers are very underpowered now and there a variety of ways to counter them cheaply. All of them involve being aware of where they are and building some anti-air units. I'm not sure what else could be possible in an RTS...
    Last edited by a moderator: January 6, 2015
  2. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

lol, inb4 your send a small pack of fighters in at minute 6 and completely wipe out his entire bomber force, followed by a boom bot snipe.
  3. jamiem

jamiem Active Member

I also kinda feel air is a little too cheap. It offers such a strategic advantage - intel, fast expansion, sniping etc.
    You should have to pay more for this.
    It's too easy to get a quick snipe without risking much eco, even late game.
    The other snipe options are far more expensive and either easier to counter or less effective - i.e. boom bots, nuke, space lazer thingy, unit cannon.
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Personally I would commander push you + infernos, spinners and boom bots.

You wouldn't get your 8 minutes to get *enough* bombers to worry me. The commander has *very strong AA*. You need to have time to build up at least 20 to have a shot at sniping him, more if there is any additional anti air defence.

In that time I should be able to walk through your base with tanks quite easily. That said this is map dependent (the little lava map would be ideal for this strategy).

On bigger maps then having fighter cover would be necessary to counter it safely. Another potential move would be an orbital rush, if someone is trying to bomb your commander putting him in an orbital transport is relatively safe so long as you keep an eye to ensure your opponent doesn't get orbital up as well.
  5. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I won my first ranked 1v1 with Bumblebees. I felt kinda bad about it but then I thought "No it was totally strategic your radar showed that all his armies were away from his base and you sent your bombers the long way round over a lava ocean which allowed for a perfect snipe. You're a genius Geers".

But if he'd scouted more or raided me more I'dve been completely screwed.