The cheap cost of air is not logical

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by aerational, December 31, 2014.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Spinners prioritize bomyers over fighters, fighters however prioritize other fighters over bombers.

Spinners wreck bombers.
  2. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Elodea is one of the best players in PA and has given you some really good advice. embrace it. Like everyone else does because he is 99% of the time spot on. He issn't trying to demote you or to let you feel bad. He is trying to help you.
  3. aerational

aerational New Member

How is getting advice from the best player in the game supposed to help me? I'm ranked silver. I've already mentioned that a highly skilled player could probably counter it.
  4. aerational

aerational New Member

no they dont
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Yes they do, it was in the patch notes, watch closely. =P
  6. aerational

aerational New Member

no I know they target the bombers the quote messed up I was trying to quote the second thing you said. They dont wreck bombers.. takes like 6 shots, gives them plenty of time to reach a target and drop a payload
  7. aerational

aerational New Member

You guys shouldn't be so enamored with someone for being "the best"

that dude has a vested interest in keeping this game exactly the way it is and he is just afraid if anything changes he might not be the best. Air needs to be more expensive
  8. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Because he is explaining to you how to counter it. your rank does not really matter. It's a set of knowlage that, when you know, it's easy. To stop a bomber snipe, you don't need high APM, or be some kind of strategic mastermind.

He said 2 things which are of utmost important and something you should always be doing. (not trying to denounce you or anythin. I want to help you.)

1. Scout your enemy. You should have an airfactory as your 2nd or 3rd factory and no later. Keep your fabbers to a minimum (in this stage a maximum of 2). When you scout your enemy is only building bombers do the following.

2. Start building fighters when you have a couple start sending them to your enemy and destroy his air while trying to avoid his commander as best as possible.

3. if you have a bot factory start sending out your dox and go for his metal. of you have a veh factory build a mixed force of tank and AA (5-1 is enough).

While doing this expand build your forces up a bit and kill him. This way he will never get enough bombers out to snipe you.

Now I think of it... if you build a bot factory first and you see him going for bombers. build boombots. you need 30-50 to savely kill a comm. They are build veryfast and almost unstoppable for a player going for pure bombers. Fight cheese with cheese :p
  9. aerational

aerational New Member

This post brings me to my second point that no one seems to be paying attention to. I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO DO THE SAME THING EVERY DAMN GAME. What the hell fun is repeating the same strategy over and over because its the only one that works.. there should be more options other than "Do A,B,C,D... and there didn't you have fun doing what someone else told you to do?"
  10. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

I can explain you so many diffrent ways to do it, with the one i explained being the easiest that I am, Like elodea let you figure them out. all in all imo bombers need a buff as they are not worth the metal atm because its so damn easy to kill them
  11. aerational

aerational New Member

how about we play a game
  12. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

I can play tomorrow
  13. aerational

aerational New Member

I have been playing ranked matches and telling the person before the game I am going to spam air. I am undefeated
    Last edited: January 1, 2015
  14. aerational

aerational New Member

4 more games, still undefeated..
  15. towerbabbel

towerbabbel Active Member

Are you still silver?
  16. aerational

aerational New Member

yeah, but my rank is half what it was at 51. Just try it for yourselves, start with 1 bot factory for fabs and some base defense, build laser towers and some turrets if he goes air.. and just spam out bumblebees with some fighters and you should be able to win at about 8 minutes or so
  17. aerational

aerational New Member

finally lost one, only because the AI fucked up and stopped focus firing the commander half way through the bombing for some reason.
  18. nimro

nimro Member

Now this is a game I'd like to watch...
  19. nimro

nimro Member

How do your opponents normally react? Tbh, if someone told me what they were going to do I would likely ignore it. Best to stick to real intel from scouting.
  20. aerational

aerational New Member

Usually they try to rush me with ground, while building extra AA. But there have been lots of different reactions