The Characters

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by XxXMullin13XxX, May 7, 2010.

1. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

I can neither confirm nor deny how close we are to being done.
  2. ZeroHourHero

ZeroHourHero New Member

But can you confirm your denial?
    or Deny your confirmation?
  3. scathis

I can neither confirm nor deny the denial or confirmation.
  4. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

OW! MY HEAD!
  5. XxXMullin13XxX

XxXMullin13XxX New Member

Soz about earlier comment dat waz stupid thet actually don't have anythiing in common

Anyway..... Another question does the moneyballs ever recharge or do they stay downed/weakened no matter what???? and can the support take health from the opposing teams moneyball and transport health back to their own money ball??? Im curious
  6. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

It's pretty simple.

1) The moneyball has a shield which can only be lowered by fodder.
    2) Once the shield is lowered the moneyball can take damage from players and fodder
    3) There is no way to heal the moneyball once damage is done.
    4) If the moneyball doesn't take any damage for x amount of time the shield will go back up and have to be lowered again by fodder
  7. eetmorsqrls

eetmorsqrls New Member

but does the shield itself recharge?
  8. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

The shield doesn't have any hit points, It's kinda like shield on shield off.
  9. warwolf91

warwolf91 New Member

Now that the shield thing for the money ball is slightly cleared up. I would like to know more about the money system for purchasing upgrades.

Is based off what you kill or do you start off with a steady flow of income, or is it both?
  10. TheJustinIsALie

I think money from kills and some bots and the money ball drop money that you can collect from the ground.

But I'm not quite sure since I have not played and there are no quality gameplay vids.
  11. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

Both. The game will award both teams money periodically to make sure people don't become cash starved. You get money from destroying breach bots and killing players. You also get money from kill assists. Turrets you construct in the base will also earn you cash from the things they destroy.
  12. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Very good idea! You hardly got any returns for spending money on citadel upgrades in Demigod. :)
  13. scathis

It also makes it so that the person playing sole defense can actually get kills and money.
  14. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

...which makes for more diverse strategies!

<3
  15. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Not really, since neutrino (a few posts above) said that the shield has to be hit enough times for the moneyball to become exposed. Then after a while of people NOT attacking the moneyball, the shield recharges. So no, it's not like a "Shield On/Off". The shield recharges itself.
  16. TheJustinIsALie

He said.
    Once a fodder jumps onto the ball it lowers into the ground, Once its on the ground the shield turns off.

If you count the few seconds that it takes for the ball to lower as hit points then by all means... feel free to call it hit points, I like to think of it as the shield shutting down.

And after not being attacked for a while the shield turns on and the ball raises again.

I assume the more fodder on the ball lower it faster but I have yet to see any gameplay suggesting that it makes a difference to the lower speed.