The Asteroid Update - Hotfix Build 85423 & Release build 85138

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, July 31, 2015.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I checked my other logs. The first two of these happen almost all the time. The second two are more rare, but they don't seem to affect anything. Probably nothing to worry about like you said, but most likely easy to repro on an Ubuntu 14.04 install (with NVidia drivers).

This one seems unique to the log where I had lost the ability to issue commands and select units. And yeah, I wasn't doing anything special other than frantic clicking to keep up with my opponent. Really odd that it's line 126 by the way. I would have expected 125 if anything. That is object.army.primary_color.r instead of object.army.secondary_color.r. Ah well, I'll keep a look out and delve into the debugger if it happens again.
  2. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Updated OP
    Hotfix Build 85423 - 8/5/15

Bugfix/polish:
    Fix for Galactic War crash when playing old saves
  3. wondible

wondible Post Master General

A bunch of removed files reappeared. Are different computers used to make the builds, or did you just use a larger commit to bump the build process?
  4. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Is the "save game" option removed?
  5. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

I've been able to save single player; AI & GW games. Where are you unable to save your games? Do you have any mods installed?
  6. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

The save game option doesn't appear in multiplayer games, unless sandbox mode is enabled. That might be the issue here.
  7. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

@Sorian @mkrater

Following on from the chat discussion on the new queued assisting behaviour... I understand that this is a quick fix to another defect but the new behaviour seems less intuitive and the opposite of what you expect to happen in most cases.

Simple Scenario
    • start a single fabber area building some mex
    • queue a factory to assist that fabber with more fabbers and maybe some units to defend the fabbers
    • after 2 or more fabbers are built select all the fabbers in the group and shift queue another area of mex to build
    Previous Functionality: all selected fabbers continue building mex in first area then move on to next queued area

New Functionality: First fabber continues with queue BUT additional assisting fabbers now split off and start building new area immediately. ie the assisting fabbers forget they are assisting in a queue.

Selecting the primary unit to selectively add to its queue is almost impossible and you can't tell which are the primary or assisting units within a group.

To add a unit to the group you now have to redo the queue otherwise the next queued order will split off the assisting units.

This seems really painful when your group of units split based on who was assisting and who wasn't assisting.

It gets worse when you queue multiple groups with assisting units especially in combat.

Expected Behaviour: If I select a group of units that includes some assisting and shift queue more items for the group I expect the group to stay together and process the queue.

If I wanted to split the group previously I would select some of the units and just give them new orders.
    lostmekka, Remy561 and ViolentMind like this.
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Unless you've setup a chain of assists you can see which fabber is the primary. It's the one with the assist icon on it when you have orders visible.
  9. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

What the hell.

Am I reading this right? Planets now completely destroy eachother no matter their size?

I can't BELIEVE Uber would do something this terrible if that's true. This ruins literally all my systems and removes all fun from the game. What's even the point of loading a huge planet with 10 Halleys to completely destroy the enemy planet if the tiny size 50 moon that needs 1 Halley will do the same thing?

PLEASE tell me I'm reading this wrong.
    lafncow and sgrock like this.
  10. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

11. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Oh my god, PLEASE change it back to the way it was and just add the new planet explosion for where both planets would be destroyed previously too.

This change ruins all my systems, which I spent countless hours struggling to make due to the buggy system editor. Me and my friend only play games on huge systems with lots of small moons to crash around, the way the game was originally envisioned when it was revealed. If the game remains as it is in this patch, those kinds of games, which were the SELLING POINT of PA, will no longer be possible, and every game will be the sterile, soulless "competitive" games that seem to make up every game in the lobby not hosted by us.

Please don't hate fun. We won't play the game again until fun is allowed.
    sgrock likes this.
  12. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

13. mikeyh

@masterdigital

FYI - the log message below is due to observables using the session extender which are not initialised with a default value or set to undefined. The engine does not like saving JSON null values.

Code:
    INFO [COUI] Argument conversion failed: Wrong type - expected String, got Null while converting argument 2 for handler panel.writeSession
    Code:
    start.js
    self.useLocalServer = ko.observable().extend({ session: 'use_local_server' });
  14. mikeyh

As mentioned in previous PTE threads please allow the commander list to be shadowed on non ladder games so we can add our own custom commanders:
    • /pa/units/commanders/commander_list.json
    On the server we also need these to pass validation:
    • /server-script/states/lobby.js in setCommander
    Can we also please have an option to set the AI commander.
    stuart98, Remy561 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  15. masterdigital

Good to know. I'll try and do a pass to clean that up.
  16. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Ships firing on an air factory but doing no damage, even when nothing was building.

2015-08-10_00001.jpg
  17. doud

doud Well-Known Member

game sometimes crashes while using chronocam after the game has completed. Since i have many UI mods installed i will first disable them. But hey it's kiwi and cola-colin stuff so should not be the root cause :D
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I have made mods that break everything in the past. Don't just assume everything anyone makes is perfect, test please and complain in case you find issues. :)
    doud likes this.
  19. doud

doud Well-Known Member

By the way just tested you "cover the line" mod and :cool: (but chronocam was crashing before i installed it so not this one ;))
  20. masterdigital

There is a known issue where the game sometimes crashes during chronocam. client crashes are usually our fault...
    doud likes this.