The Asteroid Update - Hotfix Build 85423 & Release build 85138

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, July 31, 2015.

1. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Hey thanks for fixing the ati/amd brightness issue. I didn't test yet but i trust you :p.
    dom314 and stuart98 like this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

amd/ati scrub. :p
    mered4 likes this.
  3. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

4. ooddball

ooddball Member

could we like not blow up the entire planet when it gets hit by a smaller one like before there should be a risk at missing otherwise its just gonna be a rush for the asteroids and thats just no fun
    sgrock likes this.
  5. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

We cant go crater route, we need to balance asteroids.
  6. whisperr

whisperr Member

fighting against ai (even absurd) is too easy now
  7. nicolais

nicolais New Member

I get the exact same behaviour on Windows 10.

I played a few matches in GW after upgrading, and I went to a "boss fight" (against 3 commanders) and this "World Simulation Went Away" started happening.

I also tried disabling all plugins but that didn't change anything. Same error, no play!
    schraubedrin likes this.
  8. nicolais

nicolais New Member

For what it's worth, I'm seeing the exact same issue on Windows 10. I tried starting a new GW and everything works fine - even with a lot of plugins activated. When I saw this issue, I was visiting a multiplanet system with multiple enemy commanders. I don't know how relevant this is, but seeing how a new game works fine, it might have something to do with this. I hope you find and correct this bug, so I can continue my GW :)
    schraubedrin likes this.
  9. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

It sounds like something we can investigate. Thanks for reporting this.
    nicolais likes this.
  10. bloodcoder

bloodcoder New Member

[22:59:42.402] INFO Offline unavailable, could not find EXE at path: C:\Games\Planetary Annihilation\Planetary Annihilation\stable\bin_x64\pa.exe
    ... then
    [23:00:13.072] WARN Manifest found, but stream (85138) does not match minimal build ()
    ... then
    [23:00:13.088] INFO Checksum failed for [Lots of file names]
    ... then
    [23:00:13.103] INFO Need to update 204 / 204 bundles.
    verify files then
    download files then lots of:
    [23:00:13.290] ERROR Encountered an error downloading http:/ /download.uberent.com/PA/hashed/ [some bundle file name]
    then retries and same error messages

Launcher starts, lets me log in. But, does not start the game when clicking on Play. both verify and play have the same outcome.
  11. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I lied, looks to be in replays only.
  12. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

[BUG]
    The good old losing-the-ability-to-select-units bug seems to be back. I was just playing a ranked 1v1 and in the middle of the game I suddenly couldn't issue commands anymore. I've attached the PA log for that session as there is some stuff at the end that I hadn't seen before and may give you clues as to what's going on.

Specifically, lots of these:
    Code:
    [09:50:54.004] INFO [JS/game_over_panel] coui://ui/main/game/game_over/game_over.js:361: requestStatsRule
    [09:50:55.058] INFO [JS/game_over_panel] coui://ui/main/game/game_over/game_over.js:379: bad stats for: undefined
    and
    Code:
    [09:50:55.678] INFO [COUI] Assert failure: This view doesn't support binding yet ViewImpl Id 26

(Funny. I couldn't reconnect afterwards and I couldn't figure out why. It turns out that my last accepted command was to send a whole load of Infernos towards his commander. I had won before I could reconnect. :))

Attached Files:

cdrkf likes this.
  13. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

jonas79, cdrkf, DeathByDenim and 6 others like this.
  14. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

That an interesting looking cake.

All I have are industry made cookies :(
  15. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

had an issue were a orbital fabricator denies to build anything from a set buildque after ariving on a planet
  16. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

To confirm, does this occur with all mods off?
  17. MrTBSC

no mods used
  18. masterdigital

Is it that:
    1) you send a orbital fabricator to another planet, then queue up things for it to build, but it doesn't build anything.
    2) you send a orbital fabricator to another planet, then *after it arrives* you queue up things for it to build, but it doesn't build anything.

Do build previews ever show up for the structures you are trying to build.
  19. masterdigital

I know about this bug and a fix is in the works; it isn't the cause of your problem.
    [09:50:55.327] INFO [JS/game_over_panel] coui://ui/main/game/game_over/game_over.js:379: bad stats for: undefined
    [09:50:55.327] INFO [JS/game_over_panel] coui://ui/main/game/game_over/game_over.js:361: requestStatsRule

These are troubling, but should be related to graphical problems, not commands.
    [09:50:50.030] INFO [COUI] PID: 6714 | 6714 13:50:50.012092 [6714:6714:ERROR:render_widget_host_view_gtk_coherent.cc(289)] Unable to get backing store!
    [09:50:55.685] INFO [COUI] Assert failure: This view doesn't support binding yet ViewImpl Id 33
    [09:48:34.441] ERROR GLTexture::updateBits(): Invalid write (63,0 +1x1 to mip size 16x16), ignoring.
    [09:48:34.441] ERROR GLTexture::updateBits(): Invalid write (127,0 +1x1 to mip size 32x32), ignoring.

Here is the most concerning error:
    [09:44:41.964] ERROR [JS/world_popup_panel] coui://ui/main/game/live_game/live_game_world_popup.js:126: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'r' of undefined

I can't really help too much without a solid repro case.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  20. MrTBSC

it was a case of queing up the moveorder along with the build orders .. so it should build immidiately after arriving .. the buildque was visible ...