Tf2 crossover matches?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by the_feedle, August 13, 2011.

1. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

I thought you meant pitting TF2 classes against MNC classes in a showdown for superiority. It got me thinking about it.

Scout would dominate everything MNC could throw at it but the Tank, since getting close would mean burnination. However the scout has better mid range ability and could pepper the tank with his pistol while retreating and dodging the railgun rather easily. The Supports firebase would be the counter to the Scout. The scout would simply outrun the Assassin.

Soldier would be a good counter for the mass of Assaults/Gunners rushing down a lane, but much of MNC is aerial combat vs TF2's ground based combat. The soldier's only weapon that could reliably hit an airborne target is his shotgun, making him no better than a support. His rockets would be good against a supports firebase though.

Demoman would have even more difficulty with gunners/assaults/tanks, seeing as all his weapons require a surface to stick to and direct hits with the grenade launcher are difficult beyond point blank range. Again, he would be effective against firebases, but not much else except by luck or well placed mines.

Heavy is a gunner without jetpacks or a mortar launcher, making him very limited and unviable.

The Spy's cloak is superior to the Assassins, only revealing his position when he makes contact with an enemy and only making a noise. Backstabs are a quicker kill without the limit of a cinimatic animation limiting his mobility. His secondary is less than ideal however. His disguise kit would be difficult to implement since most Assaults/Gunners spend alot of time in the air.

The Engineers Sentry is inferior to the firebase until level 3, and the method of building it makes its destruction that much more devastating to map control. His weapons are as effective as a supports so they play very similarly.

Medics can only heal and don't defend themselves very well.

TF2 sniper is inferior to MNC sniper due to the snipers skills, secondary, and lack of a need to stay in scope to deal max damage.

Fun thought exercise!
  2. kniS

kniS New Member

If anyone wants to play some TF2 just let me know and we will setup a game.
  3. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

As someone who plays a metric assload of console TF2, and is a rampant fanboy, I felt I should point out the fact that the TF2 classes are in fact, much better than the MNC ones and would totally win in a fight.

Also, you forgot pyro.

His flamethrower is much more effective than the tank's, he just lacks a death blossom. He'd kill everyone other than the assault and tank if he flanked them, but would lose head on to all of them except the assassin.
  4. kniS

kniS New Member

It looks like you MNC players are afraid of getting your butt kicked in TF2?
  5. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

I knew I was leaving one out! The pyro's speed would make him better as an offensive tool vs the tank, but his shotgun pales in comparison to the tanks rail gun. In addition, not needing to reload the flamethrower is a plus.

Really, for the TF2 classes to compete on the same level as the MNC classes, limits would have to be placed on the gunner/tank jetpacks, and either severe limit on MNC skills or adding skills to the TF2 classes (beyond everything the Spy does/Scout double jump) And, personally, the only TF2 class, as they stand now, with distinct advantages over MNC classes is the scout with his speed and double jump. He'd be able to punish gunners who didn't react quickly enough, get behind snipers and pepper them with pistol fire to distract them from their scopes, and generally make life a living hell for the MNC crew sans firebase.

Don't get me wrong, I love TF2, its just not a level playing field the way I see it.
  6. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I played some TF2 recently and the butt kickings I receive in MNC are way harder.
  7. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Hey Jessep, go here. I bet you'll love my cat.
  8. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

That cat is f'ing adorable! She really needs a sixpack, smokes and a TV remote to complete that picture...