"Terraria for Bros" - Terraria (SMNC) Server

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by criticalage, November 20, 2012.

1. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

Register Code in OP is incorrect it should be

/Register <password>
  2. criticalage

criticalage Active Member

Thank you for the fix, araxisht.

@TrophySystem, you need to make a loom and acquire some silk from cobwebs. However, I left you a welcome-home present at your grotto.

Edit: Updated OP including Rule Changes. Please read.
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Thanks. Got cobwebs and iron today. The bed was useful early nonetheless.

Also learned the hold-shift-key for the game to "choose the smartest tool for you". in air it chooses torches, on ground it chooses pickaxe, on trees it chooses axe, on items it chooses hammer, and it lets you use torches and pickaxe rapidly together.

Good to learn.
  4. criticalage

Server will be down for a few hours. I'll let you guys know when it'll be back up.
  5. youreternalpyro

youreternalpyro New Member

Thanks for fixing the hellivator! I was a tad worried about running into lava and water earlier and got a bit lazy, but I'm glad it's a straight hellivator now. =)
  6. criticalage

It's back up. A few people are online already. Go play kids.
  7. criticalage

Lennard plays! Alright, this is a real party now~

[​IMG]
  8. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

So much to relearn! Been at least 6 months the last time I played.
  9. thetrophysystem

Terraria is so much harder than Minecraft, as far as just jumping into the game. I have to wiki every time i take 5 steps. Prob should put game in window instead.
  10. criticalage

Don't fret folks, if you log into the server and see that the map is fresh. I made it for a friend to play on. I generated another map just for exploring and naturally, everything on our old map is finished.

If you see the fresh map up, explore on a clean, new character for maximum fun.
  11. eternalist

eternalist New Member

sounds cool
    although I will miss my magic weapons
  12. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

Isn't there something to allow teleporting between worlds? So you can have one for building and just generate new ones for exploring/gathering resources?
  13. youreternalpyro

youreternalpyro New Member

Yep yep, the piggy bank does this. Crit has one on the built sever and I could probably bring one along myself for the new server if desired.
  14. criticalage

There's a /warp command. However, working out Permissions and setting each user manually isn't working (I really wish I could do this in some sort of config/xml file). I have to literally write out every single command on what each 'group' can use in-game. Even the /canbuild permission. On top of that, to properly give you guys all these permissions, I have to give them to you while you're online in order to do this.

TELEPORTING between worlds isn't possible. I'd have to either find/create a plugin that can allow multiple save files to be up on one server, or have access to another PC that can host the map.
  15. thetrophysystem

I wish it was, I just upgraded to minecraft 1.4.5, and I am readding plugins (a long bunch of readding blocks and configuring plugins), and this is one thing I love, having a city and being able to generate teleporters to new worlds to gather resources on or whatnot, and even run different world generators.

I'd give this a 10/10 if possible on terraria.
  16. Cerilium

Cerilium Active Member

I remember playing terraria quite a lot, but I did get a bit bored with it as I'm mostly on Smnc.

I think if it happens to go on offer again and I've got the money I might just have to purchase it for safe keepings.

(I'll admit a got a free version but I wasn't paying for a full game when I don't play on the PC normally as it's only at my friends)
  17. raptorbones

raptorbones New Member

I'll have to join at somestage, But ill be damned if i dont use my Dr. Bones Clothing to look stylish.
  18. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

You could run 2 instances of the server on one PC using different ports (I think). You may or may not need to sandbox one of the instances.