Teleporters fundamentally changed this game! (in a good way!)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by toxic9813, January 17, 2014.

1. toxic9813

toxic9813 New Member

Holy cow! I just got out of my first 3v3v3 with multiple planets and moons... Absolutely ridiculous! The most fun game of PA yet. Anyone else find them game-changing and also amazingly awesome? The game ended with an endless stream of thousands of tanks coming from multiple planets to assault the enemy homeworld. lol >:D
    Arachnis and whiteffox like this.
  2. matizpl

matizpl Well-Known Member

How do you assault opponent's planet? I've just had 1v1 vs Godde where he escaped to other planet while i conquered the initial one. Then we had same incomes and just threw hundreds of avengers at each other and the game eventually crashed. 5 minute of timetravel between planets makes defenders advantage way big as well as umbrellas and maybe anchors(not sure?). At this point of the game lag gets pretty big. I had insane amounts of fun in previous patch but 1 planet vs 1 planet stalemate is not so great. I enjoy playing competitive 1v1 PA a lot, more than any RTS after supcom but interplanetary fights right now are a bit lackluster
    Last edited: January 17, 2014
  3. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

The patch just dropped matizpl. I'm sure strategies will emerge, but for now just stick to moons orbiting the same planet or two planets with multiple moons if you are worried about stalemates.
    Pendaelose and Arachnis like this.
  4. godde

godde Well-Known Member

As it is currently I think that the default system should be 3 orbital bodies. 2 planets and 1 asteroid that you can use to bombard a planet.
    This setup almost guarantees that the game will end without a stalemate with planet versus planet.
    If both players get hold 1 planet respectively, the player controlling the asteroid can use it to destroy everything on the opponents planet.
    If one player holds both planets and the other player only have the asteroid, the player with 2 planets should be able to overwhelm the asteroid player by pure resource advantage.
    Clopse and matizpl like this.