Teleporter + Cookie Clicker = Interesting Teleport System?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by KNight, October 10, 2013.

1. dangoofed

dangoofed Member

I've been thinking about this alot, and I have a few questions that would really narrow down communicating our concepts, no numbers or fake math. Before anyone introduces a system, they should consider the following

- Does it go both ways?
    -are there exit and enterances, are they locked to each other?
    - is it tf2 style where the player can ONLY have one exit and one entrance?
    - how many troops can travel through at a time and how fast can they travel through it?
    - how long does teleportation take? does distance factor into it?
    - what is a comparable cost, in both building and maitanance?
    - troop loss upon destruction is a given, but what other consequences are there for destruction? is there a mass sized nuclear device on the other end so that it has to be implemented away from armies, or is the loss of a such a costly device on an alien planet punishment enough?
    - If a gate is destroyed, what happens to the other ones?
    - how many troops can be in "pocket space" at a time?
    - What happens if it's captured?

now the last question is interesting because it leads into the following

- if it is captured, does it reverse the direction of the device?
    - can other armies use your teleporter from the get go?
    - can they send things through the other way, and how would a one way system work into that?
    - Is there a single "pocket space" or does every player get their own individual "wormhole frequency"

The way I see it, the best use for it would be more or less a mobile mech factory that costs a lot of electricity but no mass to transfer units. Ever player has there own subspace dimension, and they can have as many units in at a time, then when you click on any other gate, they'll pile out in the order you put them in, at about the time frame of what it takes to make a engineer. This means that heavy expensive units held on reserve on a weapons planet can be moved to the front line much quicker than it would take to manufacture them from scratch. I think a player should have as many gates as they like, but the destruction of one destroys all others, which itself puts a series of tactical considerations on its us