Teammates Running Into Each Other - WHY???

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by NYK Ewing, February 14, 2011.

1. spookyspectre11

spookyspectre11 New Member

Oh..that sucks, but i don't think they'll take individual's luck into account while programing a game.
  2. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I'm pretty sure it has happened that many times to anyone who has played this game as much as I have.
  3. spookyspectre11

why not instead think of it this way...its happening to the other team as well, and itll eventually benefit you some day.
  4. F5in

F5in New Member

Why not stop being an *** and look at it from a logical point of view? We understand you love trolling teammates, but people who actually want to play the game and not get BSed by their bad team will get annoyed.
  5. spookyspectre11

ouch, didnt realize i was coming off as a troll. well sorry. but if you catch me doing that in your team or something, then that means we're winning, theres absolutely no chance of the other team recovering, and im giving a slight window of opportunity by lowering the number of players hunting them down ruthlessly by 1...possibly 2, with less than 2 minutes left
  6. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Just... no. You're on a team, and you're supposed to be helping them out. I don't see anything funny about causing someone on your own team to die. If you want to give the other team a "window of opportunity," go sit in your spawn. Don't ruin the game for the rest of your team.
  7. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

If there's no chance of them recovering, how can you give them a window of opportunity?
  8. spookyspectre11

Yeah, that'll be tragic if someone in my team died...if it was in real life. But like you guys i too payed $15 dollars + my membership and am allowed to play outside the main objective of the game if i wanted to every now and then. and if someone is annoyed they can simply leave. not like they're gonna run int another me for a good few couple of games. or a better alternative there's an avoid button if you really take the objective that serious. I am truly sorry if I am enjoying my money's worth a little outside the bounds of the game.
  9. F5in

F5in New Member

Uh, yeah... I don't mean to be rude (well actually, I guess I do) but you're an idiot. I'm not even gonna reply to you anymore if that's how you think.
    "hurr, I'm allowed to do this and if they don't like it, they can leave!"
  10. Organous

Organous Member

This is getting ugly and personal. On Spooky, the verdict seems to be that he's a troll/griefer, but he is unashamed of this. I don't think there's anything more productive that can be said on this issue.

On the actual subject, I think it's warranted in video games. It's forgivable in board/miniatures games, because they require some imagination. You can visualize that your allies are making room for you while your enemies block your path. This trait is not a part of video games. In fact, the same logic could be used for allied bots. However, because bots are so dominant and uncontrollable, doing so for them would give the game serious balance issues. Running into other players is (or at least should be) a rare event, and one that is controllable by all parties involved. Essentially, it's a punishment for being so bad you can't even get around your own people.
    There really isn't any more justification for allowing players to walk through each other than there is reason to justify disallowing it. It's simply one more step away from realism. I certainly will abuse whatever glitches and counter-intuitive tactics for victory, but that's the player in me. The designer in me dislikes things that remind me I'm playing a fantasy. I very much appreciate that 4th wall.
  11. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

Or go around like a normal person.

Don't find people who intentionally get in the way a big problem, just those that are inconveniently there when I'm trying to tackle away.
  12. Undertaker4uplr

Undertaker4uplr New Member

lol When a support tries to actually.....you know......support by healing you......this always seems to happen......They are so focused on watching where you go so they can continue to heal you, that they don't pay attention to what is going on in front of the person they are healing. When you turn to run because you're being overwelmed, BAM.......you run right into the support face to face because they were following to close, getting killed because they blocked you........fml