Teammate Collision

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Moose, April 20, 2011.

1. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

If teammate collision was removed, would you EVER think to yourself, "I wish teammate collision was still on!"?

When you kill someone, do you ever even notice that they died because they got blocked?

I'd say the guy who gets the kill gets far less satisfaction than the frustration that the victim gets. If I got a kill on someone just because their teammate blocked them, I would pity the guy and feel like I just got a kill I may not have deserved.

It's usually not really the fault of either the blocker or the blockee, but usually just bad luck.
  2. Proxus

Proxus Member

I laugh histerically when this happens and I get a kill. Then karma kicks in and a support bumps my leg till I die to something embarrassing. Like bots. Lol.
  3. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

or you could be a smart player and switch to grenade launcher, netting you a kill on the support and damaging the gunner.
    WHAT A CONCEPT
    Except nobody does that.
  4. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

One thing to note is that grapples might become quite buggy when you have multiple people within each other.
  5. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

no different from when people are standing in blackjacks
  6. blg

blg New Member

I like the system that is in place. Although, you can get killed by dumb teammates and such, Its one of those things that if you take it out it would lame the game up. As another poster suggested, if you take it off, you can just bob into another player when your low on health and guarantee not being able to be hit to get away. I wouldn't mind seeing lunges and charges lets you move teammates (slightly not griefable).
  7. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Explosive damage would destroy people that clipped together though, it still wouldn't be a good idea to group up.

And it should be an option no matter what, even if it's off by default.
  8. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

The number of weapons that would BENEFIT from targets stacking up is greater than the number of weapons that would be hindered

Benefit:
    Dagger/sword slashing
    Lunge
    Grenade Launcher
    Bomb
    Assault Charge 1-2
    Jet Gun
    Death Blossom
    Railgun
    Product Grenade
    Tank Charge
    Minigun (sometimes)
    Mortar
    Slam
    Flak
    Ice Traps
    Penetrating Shot
    Explosive Shot
    Airstrike

Hinder:
    Shurikens
    Assault Rifle
    Assault Charge Lv3
    Minigun (sometimes)
    SMG
    Shotgun
    H/H Gun
    Firebase
    Grapples in general
  9. Kurnuttaja

Kurnuttaja New Member

I think this is what really should be removed and replaced with a nice gentle push when being stacked with a teammate. If someone here has played TF2 they know how well it works when you can walk through your teammates.
    To people who say removing teammate collision would be used for abusing and shielding yourself: I ask, how many people you see stacking with teammates for cover in TF2?
  10. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

"Hello mr heavy OH **** THERES 12 OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" *12 headshots suddenly pop up* "well that wasn't so bad........"
  11. Kurnuttaja

Kurnuttaja New Member

You obviously havent played TF2. Please give your steam link and tf2 items backpack link, so I can check how much hats you have and how many of them are vintage/unusual.
  12. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i was being stupid haha i rarely play tf2 to be honest...i should play more o_O