Team Burning Open Recruiting AU sever +

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by bradburning, October 16, 2013.

1. rtvestey79

rtvestey79 New Member

Count me in
  2. bradburning

bradburning Active Member

I will be setting up a steam group so we have a place for us to chat that's more friendly to use than IRC chat. By alias do you mean a clan tag? If so its [BRN] but atm I am the only one wearing it, because when we play team games is scares off a most people. :p

Awesome!
    mishtakashi likes this.
  3. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

Hi everybody, I don't know many of you yet and have been considering a fun way for clan members to get some initial gameplay together. Here's my idea. Sometime in the next couple of weeks we could set up a couple of intra-clan team matches; these could be 4v4 or 3v3v3 etc; the purpose being to spread the experienced players out through the teams allowing the newer players (include myself in that bracket) to get some tips during game play. It would be a good way for clan members to meet each other if we can team speak through group Skype calls or something.

It would be cool to start off with less intense games to introduce everyone to each other and then ramp things up to see who can bring their best competitive edge to intra-clan wars. So we could start off with those bigger games and work our way up to some more competitive 2v2 then finally 1v1 or something.

Reply with any thoughts if you'd be keen to link in with this or have a similar idea to suggest.

See you on steam!
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  4. bradburning

Hey yeah I would like to do some thing like that in the near future, atm I am working on eeasyer ways for all of us to talk. That said there are only about 7 of us who I would say active, so we would at least need all of us free to do it.
    stormingkiwi and mishtakashi like this.
  5. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Well we gave it a shot tonight. Pretty good stuff occurring. I learned I can't protect my commander or produce units, everybody learned to scout more, noob. I learned not to start a ffa by rushing, but at least I got a kill.
    mishtakashi likes this.
  6. bradburning

Awesome stuff happening when I am out. Good to know.
  7. bradburning

**Update**
    As of this coming Friday we will be running our first social/training tournament. These will be run at least ounce a mouth. For members all the details are on the Steam group (if I have not added you to it please PM me).
    stormingkiwi and mishtakashi like this.
  8. mishtakashi

I was just cruising the PA matches webpage and saw that we don't have Team Burning in the clan archive there yet. It might be a cool idea to submit the clan here: http://pamatches.com/submit/

Also we could set up a youtube channel with our casters all pooling videos there from clan gameplay. That youtube channel could join the Gameplay videos section of the forum to get our name around a bit more and potentially boost recruitment. This would be in addition to it being linked with our PA matches profile so that folks can be routed from there to see what we get up to.
    Last edited: December 13, 2013
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  9. stormingkiwi

That would be awesome :)

Err... who are our casters?
    Last edited: December 13, 2013
  10. bradburning

One I have put in a request to PA Matches a week ago (or longer) so yeah I might just end up PMing the guy on here about it. To be honest its not on my priority list to see happen because majority of new people are going to look here for a clan first anyway.

For you youtube stuff we I have my channel that I am slowly putting stuff up on as I get good games to put up, need to record more of my 1v1 with you Mish and James. For a clan channel we could set one up, but I will mostly not be posting to it if someone in the clan wants to record clan game sessions and put them up that would be great. I just don't want to spend the time up loading long videos like that. If other people are casting games I would rather have them put them on there own channel and have links to other clan member channels ect that way each person can chose to put adds on their videos at their own discretion.
    mishtakashi and stormingkiwi like this.
  11. Stormie

Stormie Active Member

Brad, maybe i need to revisit your offer from a few months back...
    bradburning and stormingkiwi like this.
  12. stormingkiwi

I place dibs on the nickname "Stormy"
  13. bradburning

Cool add me on steam and we can get you playing.

Hmm idk Storming seems more appropriate. :p
    mishtakashi likes this.
  14. jimosfear

jimosfear Member

Hi brad, I've had some games with you, more so in the alpha days. Myself and @pureredrageman lurk in a corner of an Aussie teamspeak server where we've sectioned off a channel for Planetary Annihilation. Teamspeak is definitely the way to go. I'll hit you up on Steam and see if you want to jump into the TS server.
    bradburning likes this.
  15. stormingkiwi

But I called dibs. Dude. Dibs. Shotgun rules. I call shotgun.
  16. mishtakashi

mmm idk I feel like Brad hit the nail on the head here tbh
  17. bradburning

cool looking forward to it. Yeah I remember playing you two. I know I have Red on steam already and have had some more recent gsmes with him. I will be on most of tomorrow so hopefully talk then.
    Iol none of that here I am pulling rank, when we are on voice at some poit we can figure this out not here ok?
  18. mishtakashi

Just trying out my recruit sig, any edit thoughts for it? I'd like to get a cool graphic in there but alas I have no design skills :(
  19. stormingkiwi

Ok dokey, that's ok with me.

#preposterous requests.
    #elaborate plan so I could sing this song on voice without people telling me off.

20. bradburning

Yeah that's fine. I might throw a graphic togeather at some point if I can be bothered. One that can easily be changed like the one Realm has.
    mishtakashi and stormingkiwi like this.