Tanks are OP... Please Nerf

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by nosebreaker, January 5, 2015.

1. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

I have to strongly disagree. many games are over in less than 12 minutes. that just throws tanks right out of the game.
    Personally I would like to see Dox a little more expensive. A group of 10 or so can cut your eco off at the knees by minute 4. and once economic advantage has been established a player can just build dox all day long and starve you out.
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

The fact that map terrain can flip the balance of the two units is proof, IMHO, that the units are balanced and nothing should really change.
    cdrkf likes this.
  3. drboggles

drboggles Active Member

While I agree with your statement, I feel that a bot army shouldn't be focused entirely with Doxs.

I really feel like Grenadiers should get a chance on being the counter for tanks, with Doxs countering Grenadiers.

As it is now, we have too many not-commonly-used T1 units.
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Direct counters aren't too fun. :p
    gmase likes this.
  5. drboggles

drboggles Active Member

Then what would you suggest? Grenadiers as they are are pretty much useless, with maybe an exception here or there because of the map.

Every unit needs a purpose. Direct counters give them that purpose.
  6. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

but its better than haveing all units be pretty much the same and then people are whining about gameplay being bland.
    drboggles likes this.
  7. jaggaaff

jaggaaff New Member

Not my fault most strategy RTS's have to become Starcraft, Its inevitable.
  8. nosebreaker

nosebreaker Post Master General

If
    If they have to become starcraft.... wed still be playing starcraft... That is a redundant statement.
    The Nosebreaker is asking for some simple things..
    Initially overzealous and dramatic changes............
    The Nosebreaker would be able to accept a gentle nerf to tanks to delay game appearance.
    The Nosebreaker suggest you play Guma Guma slide to get some what,, of an idea of changes needed.
    Guma Guma slide has to be one of the best balances of the game done to date.
    Little to no fault can be found with that variation of the game.
    One could easily go so far as to say, its what the developers were hoping and aiming for but were unable to achive with the currant itereation of the game.
    Guma Guma slide has obviously.... been developed and designed from the ground up as a completely unique and adventurous gaming experiance. Quote The Nosebreaker today!

The Nosebreaker approves this post
    Last edited: January 16, 2015
  9. jaggaaff

jaggaaff New Member

Why would i play a game just to have you listen to my opinion? Honestly PERFECT Balance is hard to achieve unless you are literally think about JUST that. Nosebreaker , if you're going to whine about a unit that doesnt need a buff or nerf to IT, Emphasis on "IT", most people arent really even complaining about tanks. The other units need a change, and Developers with common sense dont make a change to a game that most people dont even support. You are like the small percentage of people that want it and its easily fixable by using mods or making one. And i meant to become like starcraft is: Spam Units and put support within that spam unit, Have defense on your base = Takeover/Win. Not: Have a few POWERFUL (Not Overpowered) Units to just run over. Also, gentle nerfs can **** on things even if it is gentle.

(P.S.: Why are you even promoting yourself without any real achievements? It makes you look like you need attention.)
  10. nosebreaker

The Nosebreaker is the small number of people intellegence enough to fully understand the need for that part of the game to see balance.
    You would play a game for The Nosebreakers approval of your opinion,,,,,, This is some what understandable after all look at The Nosebreakers like to post ratio...
    Bringing forward detailed, thought through game breaking balance issues is not winning..........Sad that The Nosebreaker needs to explain that to you.........

Further more Most Sadly The Point Nosebreaker is trying to make is almost parallel to mental unobtainium To some of you guys..... The grains of sand in the worlds oceans weep!!!

The Nosbreaker likes this post it has much merit
  11. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Rigging the forum with 2 extra accounts to like every one of your comments doesn't count as a fair comparison for the amount of likes you have legitimately received.
    temeter likes this.
  12. nosebreaker

Very serious accusation............................ Proof ?
    But then again your seven to two k Points to you,,,,, Means your saying an awfull lot of Nothing ........Like about five thousand posts of empty nothing no one likes at all... Thats assuming you had two ish k posts people actually liked enough to like..................
    Your ratio means you win the most overlooked and unliked person on the interweb today.........
    Congrats The Nosbreaker awards you an achievement.......

The Nosebreaker likes this post
  13. jaggaaff

jaggaaff New Member

No. You are the small number of people that like to disrupt game balance to a unit that doesnt even need to be balanced, only ONE legitimate person is constantly liking you, the other accounts are essentially rigged. Stop liking your self as you are already desperate for attention. The changes wont come, because the game is owned by Uber Entertainment
  14. jaggaaff

jaggaaff New Member

15. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Very cute Noisebeaker.

The Noisebeaker likes this post
  16. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Oh, wait! How did you do this kind of black magic?
    Ah I see, you created an similar sounding account to trick us all.
    igncom1 likes this.
  17. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Is... is this arguement about the new game balance? Because combat fabbers buff tanks noticably, but bots get "grenadiers" back in a very respectable stature, and all sortsa **** happens atop that. I say, play it and see if strategies vary any better. My hopes from modding the exact sort of **** vanilla is now implementing, is that the strategies WILL vary better, and everyone will get to play a vanilla-version of "Community Uberbalance".
  18. nosebreaker

Another point just yesterday The Nosebreaker played some one using dox and smashed them silly.............
    Dox just cant stand up to the tank.
    Tanks are still OP ...... Uber whats up man! fix this already..... What have you guys been doing all week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. jaggaaff

jaggaaff New Member

Think about this realistically(with the limitations of the game of course): Would tanks with treads that are slow because they have heavy armor and weaponry, get beaten by fast bi-pedal mechs? No.
    nick2k likes this.
  20. nosebreaker

Just played another game...... Hardly had to think ........
    tanks won the day ....
    Uber please nerf tanks in some fasion. that is what the pte is for test out a tank nerf there