Tanks are OP... Please Nerf

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by nosebreaker, January 5, 2015.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Tanks can be countered.
    Tanks are not hard to counter.
    It's not hard to know that tanks are being made and therefore will need to be countered.

Tanks are not OP.

Tanks are overused, but that's because they're the best T1 ground-ground unit in the game. Nerf them and you'll be complaining about dox next.

The nerf train is not something that you want to get on. Whenever possible, take an alternative path to directly nerfing something. Add more roles, buff units into being viable counters.
  2. nosebreaker

nosebreaker Post Master General

Thank you for making my point stuart, though its buried in your comment
    They are the best t1 ground unit.
    Their dominant entry into play needs shifting a little further down the time line of the game.
    Other units need their time in the sun so to speak, before tanks and spinners rock up to make a mess of everthing.

The Nosebreaker likes this post
  3. izumikonata

izumikonata Member

Nosebreaker-san you are so funny :D I'm kinda new to PA but I tried to go all tanks cause you said that they were OP but I just played a game and lost. Just wanted to say thanks >.< now i'll never get to uber.
  4. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

I started to read this and realized it was bait

I highly disagree. If we Nerf tanks we go back in the dox eara, buff other units so they become OP and the meta changes then you are posting that they are OP and this post just cycles through. A army needs a backbone and tanks are it. The eco needs a change and many other things need to help (unit cannons maybe?)

If your bored with tanks then I challenge you to impruve your self and learn some other builds it could make this snooze fest fun again. :D
  5. finallostfool

finallostfool New Member

A wave of bombers will stop a tank fleet from making it to its target. The size of the wave depends on the distance till the tanks reach their target. Long distance, 5 bombers till wreck, just keep taking out the head of the Tanks fleet. <3
    izumikonata likes this.
  6. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Well learn the correct opening and you will..one day.. like the rest of us ;-;
  7. stuart98

Tanks are overused not because they're OP but because they're aren't enough units that are useful. Don't confuse the two.
    Last edited by a moderator: January 5, 2015
    cybrankrogoth likes this.
  8. nosebreaker

Izumikonata The Nosebreakers new best friend
    Thank you for following this extreamley important threat,
    after reviewing your game you forgots to place the all important spinner in your death ball.
    Im assuming Uber will soon be patching the game to nerf tanks some what soon.

The Nosebreaker likes this post
  9. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

all i can say is that im in top 20 of PA and with bot main kinda build other then yaegz so far im undefeated.
    davostheblack and philoscience like this.
  10. stuart98

You agree with what you're posting, good, we get it now, now stop before you start making people mad please.

You assume wrong. Tanks don't need a nerf, Uber knows this. What needs to happen is underused units such as skitters, infernos, and grenadiers need to become useful.
  11. izumikonata

izumikonata Member

Teach me Gandalf-senpai!! Teach me your super awesome bot ways.
  12. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Amen brother, preach it like you mean it
  13. wilhelmvx

wilhelmvx Member

How about we double the build time for tanks.
    I guess that would be a good start. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  14. stuart98

How about we don't make dox OP by nerfing tanks into oblivion when they're perfectly fine and the real issue is simply not enough viable ground to ground units?
  15. nosebreaker

Tanks are OP currently . Tanks are slow. Tanks arnt very exciting. Tanks are too dominant early game.Tanks are every ones go to unit. Tanks and spinners = game won
    all those are Facts not opinions
    Uber needs to get the nerf gun and smash the crapola out of Tanks. replace the main gun with a weak machine gun.
    Have them break down regulary and fall out of the pack... so many ideas but to save the game.... to save the game for the whole world to enjoy for years to come. To make PA the best game in the WHOLE WORLD! tanks need a nerf.

The Nosebreaker likes this message and agrees with its contence
  16. izumikonata

izumikonata Member

Why don't the tanks just shoot pillows then? Hey all the units should shoot pillows. Then everyone can just shoot pillows at each other and have lots of fun!! That would be a fun game to play. The factories can keep on spewing out lots of awesome pillow throwing units until the server crashes!!!! FUN!!!!!!!
    stuart98 likes this.
  17. nosebreaker

As previously stated the Tank is very problematic in Pa currant form.
    Dox =Balanced
    Tank = Unbalanced
    Bomber =Balanced
    Grenadier =Unbalanced
    Spinner = Balanced

Izumikonata ? I guess Pillows is an option .. not sure how they would look graphic wise though

Nosebreaker likes this post and agrees with its contence {other than the pillow stuff}
  18. wilhelmvx

wilhelmvx Member

Grenadier =Unbalanced ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Trying to hard
  19. stuart98

No, the tank is balanced. Explain to me how it is unbalanced?

If it were unbalanced, then explain how Gandalf is number 20 without using them.
  20. Mogzai

Mogzai New Member

I agree. Tanks are OP.

Maybe if they brought in a large laser shooting sharks that can orbital jump and also fly and walk on land with a speed faster than fighter jets and it had 999999 health ( that's over 9000 ) with a secondary that fires nukes that shoot automatically with a metal cost of 10. Other than that I have no clue how to make a unit that can combat the tanks.

They are just so OP..
    xankar, stuart98 and izumikonata like this.