Tank Commander - PA minigame v1.5 (closed)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ozonexo3, March 1, 2014.

1. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

great update, but the inferno could use a tad more health and range. too easy to kill now and it never even gets close.
    Last edited: March 3, 2014
  2. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

Once you know one programming language(Besides the odd ones out like python or lua) you generally know the syntax for most programming. Thats why right now I'm stuffing all the languages I can learn into my brain. The more you learn the easier it is. C++ is actually a little different in how you define classes but other than that its mostly the same(Also the whole pointer reference thing is less prominent in most languages).
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Same problem here - I actually beat Ozone's score by some freak chance and then it wasn't there, which made me a sad panda. I think it's rigged :p
  4. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

I see your score in Leaderboards. Looks like its working :p
  5. Paappa

Paappa Member

Would it be also possible to change view a little bit towards south. When traveling downwards I cant see enemy tanks until they ram me even when I point my barrel to the south.
  6. sporemaster18

sporemaster18 Member

THANK GOD NOW I SUCK AT THIS GAME. Anyway, great job on the update, my epic strats no longer work.
    Edit: Damn, old habits die hard, I still find myself circling unconsciously and get hit for it.
    Edit2: Word of wisdom, kiting doesn't work very well when things are spawning in front of you. But seriously though, it would be nice to have some set spawn points rather than where ever it feels like spawning them.
    Edit3: I'm going to run out of username variations if I continue having to change it every time a new update rolls around and I want to get on the leaderboards!
    Edit4: Put that last s on Madness in the map name or else!
    Last edited: March 3, 2014
    websterx01 likes this.
  7. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

3: You can get your old nickname. Changed nickname was needed only for 1 game, and then you can use old one again
    4: Fixed

UPDATE! v1.4
    - Flamer +HP (from 800 to 1000)
    - Sounds and SFX
    - Notifications about incoming units that are off screen (this is usefull!)
    - Camera vertical move increased
    - Now game will clear all your local data always when there will be new big build. This need to be done like that until i finish whole game and add login/registration.

PLAY THE GAME
    sporemaster18 likes this.
  8. sporemaster18

sporemaster18 Member

Those notifications are useful, thanks! It would be nice if they were a bit more noticeable though, IMO.
  9. shiwanabe

shiwanabe Member

Well, yes, i quickly guessed it was something about the lack of updating of the name field making it think it was empty. Nice to see I can't even manage 1% of what I got before too. ;)

Damnit… I wish I didn't have so little net left this month. Oh well, hopefully this'll help with all those times I got hit just 'cause something shot just as it came on screen (took ~90% of my damage that way).

I have to admit I still feared the alleged tanks more than the inferno's in the last build.

Hrm… was gonna tag a "FOR AIUR~!" equivalent on… but then realized I can't remember who any of the commanders so far are. :confused:

Oh well, will be interesting to see where you take this. It's good already and I can see that you've got more stuff planned. :D
  10. sporemaster18

sporemaster18 Member

FOR THE PROGENITOR!!!
  11. killzone5017002

killzone5017002 Active Member

You should add a store system, waves and a pointshop to upgrade your tank and possibly get t2? Or even keep going until you reach orbital wars! Amazing work with the game!
  12. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

This exacly is the next step.
    Right now enemies spawn every X time. This can make feel that they are always spawn in fron of us and its hard. When I will add waves then they will spawn from few pleaces in groups.
    Also there is armory in main menu. I want to add some upgrades, like HP, armor, powerups, skins.
    And colectables in game! Metal, armor, score. And from every finished game you will get Metal converted from your Score. Wave finished without taked damage will increase by 5% Mass collected from your score.

Do you want what I want to see? What scores in this will get UBER guys :D
    killzone5017002 likes this.
  13. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Update v1.5
    - Small changes and fixes in menu
    - Added UberCannon (loading time 35s, range 4) Shoot with RMB
    - Added armor regeneration (with culldown after hit)
    - Less HP and Armor
    - Enemies are more agresive, move faster
    - Enemies now not shoot just after comming out of screen
    - UberBonus is less effective
    - Enemies spawn now in waves. Every wave is bigger.
    - Fixes in offscreen markers
    - Changed offscreen marker for flamer (bigger with other color)

Play Now

Version 1.4 leaderboards wins PAAPPA with score 7033! Amazing! GG :)
    [​IMG]
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  14. sporemaster18

sporemaster18 Member

It feels AWESOME to Uber Cannon a massive group of units that you've been kiting for a while! I do hope that you plan to give it the art of the Uber Cannon that is in PA, that thing is epic looking.
  15. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Yes, i will. This is first from few powerups that I want to implement there.
  16. sporemaster18

sporemaster18 Member

Oh and another thing, maybe the Uber Bonus could give a slight bonus to Uber Cannon recharge rate? Just an idea, I'm not sure if it would be doable or balancable.
  17. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Main question about this version is balance. Is it good? What should be changed to make it more fun to play?
  18. sporemaster18

sporemaster18 Member

Got a bug/interesting occurrence for ya:
    [​IMG]
    As for what would make the game more fun, I think that when you make the pickups, one should give you a machine gun like when you are at 100% in the original version for a few seconds.
  19. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Bug fixed. Thanks you found it, it extremely hard to reproduce
  20. nanneraircraft

nanneraircraft New Member

I feel like you've nerfed the uber bonus too much and I think the enemy tanks should only go a bit faster than you.