Tank Comander Alpha [v0.2.04]

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by ozonexo3, June 20, 2014.

1. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Just somewhere on SD card or build in memory. Then you need to find this file with file browser app on your phone and open it to begin installation.
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I found what I had done, my download manager was disabled (I HATE the random updates auto downloading because of my terrible internet)

Anyway, I actually wanted to talk to you about this. I think this game is amazing at the moment, anan I think I'll PM you about it, because I actually have my own plans for a mobile game. I see you used Unity, so maybe you could give me some pointers? I'm going to try to make some simple RTS game, as all RTS games on mobile aren't really up to par by my standard. :p
  3. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Yes, thats true. I played propably all RTS games on AppStore and Google Play and there are not great. Some of them are interesting, but you need to remember, that controls on phones needs to be that simple, that you can't do big game
  4. squishypon3

Yep, I know- Brainstorming ui ideas now. I think this game will be more of a personal project, honestly, so whatever is simple/complex enough for me would be alright. I could release it to the store if I feel like it, but it won't be something for everybody. :p

I've got a 1080p Note 3, so I nice sized screen and res, which means ui can be easy.
  5. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

new map WIP, still I have a lot to do with it.
    Its 4x bigger than last map :) should be more interesting to play.

Also in this week I improved:
    - tank collision - don't stuck when touch something),
    - pathfinding - enemy tanks now know how to avoid wreckages, If you block the way with dead enemy's others will go around
    - Wreckages now blocks enemy units
    - GUI icons of incoming enemy's.

Today I tested new UI added to unity 4.6 beta, and looks like that I will rebuild all ingame menus and GUI's. But this in other update.

Next thing are missions. I want to add every 3-5 waves task that you need to do to finish wave. Assist something, be in range to download data, or to kill 3 special enemy's somewhere on the map etc. This should increase replayability of the game.

Old:

[​IMG]

New: (same camera scale)
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: October 18, 2014
  6. shiwanabe

shiwanabe Member

Meep...o_O

You *have* been busy.

Terrain variation'll be good and the missions sound like they're not going to get old compared to the rest of the gameplay.

Also, that's a huge map... My only worry about it is that the size will make the difference in visibility between top and bottom of screen more noticeable (although, I remember you having made that much less noticeable previously so, eh).

And just cause I've realised I'm not getting my excitement across: WHOOOOO~!!! It's getting an update~! WAHOO~! :p
  7. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Well, you never see whole map in this game, only what is close to your tank. Also camera moves where you aim and there are icons about incoming enemy's. Enemy will never shoot when you can't see him, and also will wait 2s after you see him to give you time for reaction. So far it worked quite well, even for phones.

Some additional screenshoots ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Remy561 and LavaSnake like this.
  8. squishypon3

Man the graphics of this game are just... Perfect.

The map is great, I'd looove to get to testing it! XD
    ozonexo3 likes this.
  9. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Me and my friendly tank that I need to assist to the other side of the map
    [​IMG]

Also... NEW RECORD! 28389 on actual, released version 0.2.04. Playing on my phone today when returning from work. I found how to trick enemy's on later levels to avoid being stuck. Just when new wave of enemys is spawning, you need to be on the top-left quadrant of the map. Then move near left border to the bottom. Use rockets as soon as you can, but don't lose them on single tanks.
    I need to add some statements to AI to not always go to you using the closest way to avoid such things in next update.
    [​IMG]
  10. squishypon3

Edit: Totally read what you said wrong, it was a mission, not multiplayer. x3
  11. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

New map is almost ready :) Only few details left

Red dots are enemy spawn points and blue are spawn of random collectables .
    Also I need to improve logic of spawning enemy's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Remy561 likes this.
  12. aojianlingyun

aojianlingyun New Member

great,where to download?
  13. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

You can find links in first post.

Btw. this game is still in production ;)
    tunsel11, Remy561 and DeathByDenim like this.
  14. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

Hey bud! remember me? I'm still watching this thread! Please tell me when the game is finally finished, or if you have a more updated version I can test. Best of luck to you!
    ozonexo3 likes this.
  15. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Too complicated for me :D - cant even win beginner campaign :)