t1 bombers suggestion

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by Bersercker, November 9, 2014.

1. Bersercker

Bersercker New Member

Basically, i don't like how they perform when faced with ground aa currently, especially dox. From my experience, attacking a big group of dox with a group of bombers can lead to either bombers wiping out all the dox while taking little to no casualties, or never getting to drop any bombs and being wiped out themselves, or anything in between, depending on how good the dox chose their targets. Leading with fighters ofc makes the first result much more likely.

So, i kinda liked how they were performing in supcom:fa much more. They rarely got to do a second pass when faced with a bunch of AA, but dropping the bomb on the first pass was almost guaranteed, unless intercepted by fighters. So it was less random.

To get the same effect now, they'd have to drop the bombs before hand, trusting the inertia and gravity to do the rest. :)

Also, i feel that this change would make attacking some key base structures that are defended by some aa much more viable. (Like a cluster of pgens?)

Maybe their speed, maneuverability and cost would have to be adjusted to not make them too strong.

What do you guys think?
  2. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

I would agree if bombers did not stack on top of each other like layers on a cake.
    igncom1 likes this.