System Manager Ideas - Red Star, Black Hole etc.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by xanoxis, February 10, 2014.

1. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

System Manager is already fun tool, but we need ofcourse more. How about some ideas? Some of them might overlap with some that someone gave earlier in development, but right now after playtests we can add to the topic.

Lets start:
    - Different colors and r of the sun, there are more stars in universe than yellow ones. How about bigass blue star, or red one? Or white dwarf.
    - Two-three sun systems, that would be amazing.
    • Maybe another idea for sudden death? Two stars hit each other and consume in event planets.
    • Unsafe orbit for some planets that needs Halley help?
    [​IMG]
    - Black hole and star, black hole eating the star. Or just black hole in star system.
    • You can set orbit to "sudden death" in some time, like 30 minutes. 3 minutes before end no one can escape from gravity trap.
    • Halleys could help and set planet on safe orbit.
    • Halleys could set planet on very close and dangerous orbit to black hole
    [​IMG]
    - Planet collision set for x minutes.
    - Sun flare effect for stars, maybe some gameplay use, I have no idea.
    - Flat earth flying through space on turtle with elephants. If you do this Uber, I will love you forever.

Ps, sorry if pictures are too big :p
  2. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I'll just copy over what I said in a similar thread:

Don't feel bad for not seeing it, it's in the bugs section for whatever reason.

Also I'll have to astrophysics-rage over your informal naming system, which is way too vague. Star types include, but are not limited to:

Red dwarfs
    White dwarfs
    Brown dwarfs
    Red giant
    Red hypergiant
    Blue giant
    Blue hypergiant
    Yellow giant

batteries not included.

Also there's a bit of a problem with scale. Why? This is why:

[​IMG]

Last edited: February 10, 2014
    Pendaelose likes this.
  3. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

Dat epic reference :p

So this thread subject has been talked about in a lot of other threads already, at least you keep reminding them. But yeah, everyone wants different star colors and sizes (not realistic sizes), and awesome things like black holes and pulsars, nebulae,… space is gorgeous. And the suns in this game should look more awesome, graphically.

Though I wonder, if there is a black hole in the middle of the solar system, how can you then play the game when there is no light?
    Pendaelose likes this.
  4. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General