Syd's Shadow Sutra: An Assassin Almanac

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Obsydianyte, January 31, 2011.

1. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

What would you think, Syd, to a Armor/Health Regen/Skill Regen build?
  2. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Hey Syd, i noticed in one of your videos on spunky you jumped from the middle bridge (next to the jump pad) to the spunky can, i cant for the life of me do it, what am i doing wrong?
  3. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

I say go for it! If you think it'll work, by all means. Do the voodoo that you do, and whatnot.

If you find it effective, I may test it out myself, and if *I* find it very effective then I may even include it in the Builds section!

Dash. You have to Dash to get the momentum to jump the distance. It also works to sneak around and follow those Pros who think they're leet with their back-wall perch behind your base. You have to aim your land carefully, though.

For the Can-Cross (which I'm totaly trademarking here and now! Haha~) what I do from my base at the start is lunge until I'm in front of the can, then activate Dash while moving forward to jump the distance.

You don't need Level 2 Dash to do this--just conserve your Dash until you need it and you'll be fine.

Once across, depending on where the enemies are I Lunge to their Ejector (if there are a lot of them present) to take out the Bots or if they are rushing to the middle I just hop down and hack the machines down.
  4. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Lol, i tried everything but the obvious. Thanks for your help, if spunky ever comes up again i will try your "Can Cross" :D Thanks.
  5. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

One thing I found out as an assassin not too long ago is that if you are using the default button layout, then clicking in the left stick makes you dash. MUCH easier than pressing the X button. Don't know if it does on Tactical layout but you could just use left bumber anyway.
  6. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

That's an interesting mechanic. I don't much experiment with different control schemes (though maybe I should try South Paw, since it's for left-handed people).

That said, I don't know if it's as such in Tactical, but I'm pretty sure that seeing it's been like a month since you made that post that you'd have found out by now. xP
  7. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Works with tactical, but it's probably easier to use left bumper. Still useful for standard Control scheme imo.
  8. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

If you use tactical on assassin, you're a retard anyway.
  9. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

why?
  10. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

LOL at RS for cloak, LB for dash, y for lunge, x for switch weapons, and RB for smoke bomb. Just, no. Tried using it the first games I played on MNC way back in 2010, and it was terrible. It's all personal preference, but I really can't understand why people would use that ****-fit of a control scheme.
  11. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

-secretly uses Tactical as my main control scheme-

YEAH that would completely and utterly be so terrible and such and junk! Jeez!
    For the record, I use default control scheme.
  12. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

MY EYES THEY BURN TO READ THE TINY PURPLE LETTERING
  13. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

Not that difficult. My handwriting is smaller than that.

Though, in truth, my handwriting is not purple.
  14. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Hello, I'm a PC player and I am eternally grateful to the TC and her videos that have shown me how assassin should be played.
  15. mangaman01

mangaman01 New Member

your guide probably saved my life last night. best guide I have used in while. Thanks for making it.
  16. lord_sammy

lord_sammy New Member

I dunno if this has been brought up before but a good tactic before the bots get rolling is to find the enemy Support, wait for him to throw his firebase down, then fill it with shurikens. This early-game NIMBY is hillarious to pull off; especially when you kill him with your shurikens as well.