Syd's Shadow Sutra: An Assassin Almanac

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Obsydianyte, January 31, 2011.

1. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

My guide is now live on the Monday Night Combat Wiki!

It may not have the fancy pictures and colorful fonts, but the Wiki formatting still manages to break up the WALLOTEXT nicely.

Just not AS nicely.

Haha. But the Contents box adds easy navigation, so you don't even have to worry about scrolling much anyway~!

You can find my guide on the Wiki by following this magical link~!

Thanks so much everyone for making my guide such a success. <3

PS: I had the guide Protected, so tough cookies to those thinking you can mess around and edit the crap out of it. Bwahaha~
  2. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

ive been having a deecent amount of success with a gold health regen setup. it works really well :D
  3. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Oh? Yeah, lots of unorthodox sets can do well if you know how to utilize them.
  4. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Sweet! My Guide has been added to the MNC Compendium!

Be sure to check out some tips and tricks other classes, and get the scoop on Endorsements as well! Keep in mind that the Compendium is still under a little construction, so show it some love to make sure it gets completed!
  5. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

I read all of it. I like how you refer to the fatties but this might not be understandable for new players.
  6. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

A valid point.

I'll clarify.
  7. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

yeah, the setup i use is gold health regen, silver armour and bronze skill regen. if youre going into the yellow/orange area of your health, smoke bomb away and you should have regened a lot of health by the time you land.
  8. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Makes sense. It keeps you in the action! Just be careful that you don't stay TOO long in that action, haha.
  9. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

Just a little tidbit. One of my favorite things to do is summon gremlins, and use them as a distraction while I shuriken from a safe distance. With cloak 3 doing crits, you usually can either get some gremlins or shuriken kills.

Also, juiced shurikens are DEADLY. I use them just like I use juiced mortars as my gunner. I either stay at a relatively safe distance and launch them at a group of enemies, or if I go in and take out turrets/pros with my blade, as I run away I keep looking behind me with my trigger held down.

I suggest people use Shurikens much more than most people do. It's a little harder to get kills with them, but you stay at a safe distance.
  10. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Shuriken ARE fun to use, haha. Especially since they can come out of literally nowhere once they're fired.

I like to randomly shoot into a group of enemies to make them panic and be like WHEREDEYKUMFRM, poof away and do the same on the other side of the map.

It's a great deal of fun, and also hassles and distracts the team, haha.

And yeah, Juiced Shuriken are like, awesome. I do the same thing sometimes (but most of the time once I'm done tormenting the base, I just run, instead of retaliating while retreating). It causes great havoc, as I'm sure you know, haha.
  11. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Attention, patrons!

I will soon be adding a FAQ section to the guide.
    If you have a question that isn't answered by the guide and would like it featured in the section, please submit them here!

I already have a few questions to add in mind, and if your question happens to be one of the ones I'm already adding, I'll just let you know.
  12. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Why didn't you mention JackTrips in your guide? lolcloke is a huge part of the metagame, invented by JackTrips.

lol not trolling strats & tacs, great guide Syd
  13. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Oh Jack. You never fail to make me smile, haha.

Thanks! I saw you play Assassin in the FN tourney, which was WAY out the park, haha--were you perhaps inspired by the Sutra~? =D
  14. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

OBY. YOUR. BUILD. IS. KICK. ***.

I didn't actually realise how little use fire rate is until now. Might change Health regen for Speed, don't know yet.
  15. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Well gosh, thanks so much! I'm glad you find it so useful!

If you're having trouble deciding whether or not to include speed, personally I don't prefer it because 4 Speed pickups put you at max speed.

That's right, 4. I dunno how many people know this, but 3 just puts you at Gold. There's a level beyond that, Max. You'll notice the difference as soon as you pick up the last Speed pickup after you get Gold.
  16. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Wrong. Three Speed pickups will still put you at max speed. Every Speed pickup upgrades your speed one endorsment level, AND gives you a temporary speed bonus. So picking up three will still give you max speed, but you will still need to pick up another one once the temporary speed wears off if you want to stay at your fastest.
  17. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

I stand (or sit, rather) corrected.

But my point still stands that there's a point beyond Gold Speed that can be reached by picking up a Speed Pickup even while at Gold level.

I noticed the difference, but I just thought it was permanent, not temporary.
    Thanks for correcting me on that--the last thing I'd want to do is spread inaccurate information! Hahaha~
  18. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

I've had no-death runs before, but normally I die way too quickly to collect 4 speed pickups. Plus I leave them for the Tanks and Gunners :D . Therefore I think I need that boost. Not to mention that I used to run Armor, RoF, Speed, so I'm used to having bronze.
  19. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Ah. Well, whatever works for you! Just make sure you stay alive enough to benefit from it, haha~
  20. Z Bear

Z Bear New Member

Great guide, Syd. Very thorough and well thought out. It's always nice to see something done right.