[Suggestion] Make Avengers (and basic sats) a Galactic War starter tech

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Shwyx, July 1, 2014.

1. Shwyx

Shwyx Well-Known Member

Galactic War is fun, yes, up to the point where I'm fighting in a 5-planet system with 4 enemy commanders ... without orbital tech, without super weapons and perhaps even without a subcommander, despite having 6 tech slots. That situation is not a challenge, it's not rewarding, it's simply an exercise in frustration. And to add insult to injury, I can't even save my progress (yes, I know the latter will be added later on). I understand and accept that GW is supposed to be kinda rogue-like in nature; however, given the time neccessary to finish complex planetary system, let alone an entire campaign, I think it could use some tweaking.

I propose to add Avengers and basic satellites to GW starter tech. Avengers to deal with the inevitable anchors and avengers on the AI's main planet; satellites to at least have a chance to locate their commander and surprise him with a drop of "melee" vehicles.
    • "But Shwyx", you might add, "the best strategy is to roam more systems in the hope of gathering the tech you need!".
    No. That would turn every round of GW into a grind to find the optimum tech composition. I gladly accept the challenge of limited tech - if I get the chance to make to do with some basics.
    • "Shwyx", you might say, "how about not letting the AI become entrenched in the first place?"
    Yeah. Sorry. I suck. My PC is slow. By the time I make it to the 3rd, 4th or 5th planet of a "leader" system, they will have orbitals, they will have advanced units and advanced defense and I will be screwed unless I have some basic tools to clean the orbit and to scout.

So ... thanks for reading and perhaps even considering.
    monte93 and corteks like this.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I think that Avengers and Basic Radar satellites should be added to GW default tech. But not the other stuff.

Intel is actually the most helpful thing that orbital tech offers.
    corteks, cdrkf and Shwyx like this.
  3. Shwyx

Shwyx Well-Known Member

I didn't propose to add anything else besides Avengers and basic satellites :).
    corteks likes this.
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Ah. I read "Basic Satellites" meant all things that can be built by the Orbital Factory.
  5. corteks

corteks Active Member

This is definitely needed. It's no fun attempting to drop a huge amount of Astreatus, all loaded up, onto a small moon and watching as at least half of them are annihilated before they even start to descend to the surface. Especially since as you up the numbers they take even longer to spread out before descending (if they actually remember the queued unload command in the first place).
    monte93 likes this.