[Suggestion] Hallies

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bengeocth, December 18, 2014.

1. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

Make hallies cheaper.

"BenGeocth, you are crazy!"

No. Make 'em cheaper. Then make the amount taken to move planets much more-

I don't know about you guys, but whenever I attack with hallies, I find the prospect of 3 tiny boxes moving the entire planet a little ridiculous.. Just for the moe epic look, make them larger, and take up more SA on the planet they are launching, so that they are easier to attack, harder to defend, and, look awesome.

3 hallies? nah. 9 hallies! at 1/3 the cost each. This will also discourage people making their primary base on barren tiny moons that are intended for launching into people- they will abandon less when they leave.

thoughts, anyone?
  2. nateious

nateious Active Member

I'd actually like to see the (minimum) number of hallies tied to the mass of the planet. Scale the damage based on mass as well (I'm not sure right now how PA determines if it's a planet killer or if it causes a big crater, so it might already do this)

Then set it up so you can build more hallies to do more damage. Got a tiny moon that would only normally make a crater that needs 2 hallies to move? Build 10 of them to get that sucker moving faster. Kinetic Energy = 1/2 mass * velocity squared so suddenly that tiny moon goes from being an oversized nuke to a planet cracker.
    Last edited: December 19, 2014
    xankar and bengeocth like this.
  3. bengeocth

Also, what if more hallies = more velocity = larger annihilation radius?

mmmmmmmmmmm that seems cool, for those who want to go above and beyond :)
    xankar and christer1966 like this.
  4. bengeocth

wow i just saw this after posting my idea, u and i think alike man **high five**
    nateious likes this.
  5. bengeocth

we can use physics terms to do this stuff too-

V^2 = V0 + 2ax

yeah, that formula- and the other three.
  6. bengeocth

even though you are my dreaded core enemy rrrrrrr
  7. nateious

nateious Active Member

It would be really great if we ever got asteroids in the game. Then the potential damage of an asteroid strike would be limited by how many engines you can fit on the thing
  8. nateious

nateious Active Member

Arm rebel scum!

That's OK though, what's great was I was thinking about this the other night but never got around to posting anything about it, so you had really good timing.
    bengeocth likes this.