Suggestion for the Vanguards

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, December 14, 2013.

1. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Honestly, who cares what clan the Vanguard people are from. if they get the job done, then nothing else matters
    Who cares if you don't trust em, that's infact you're problem to remedy. Take you're paranoia somewhere else.. I'm sure there's a lot more people willing to give them a chance than not!
  2. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

uber made that decision not us!!!
    bradaz85 likes this.
  3. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

We never chose the starting members, Uber did. We just wrote a letter to Uber. We actually invited people from outside the clan but got declines or no response.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  4. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Uber gave the go ahead. Wasnt each member sent an email from yourlocalmadsci asking if they wanted to partake? And some people gracefully declined? Nanolathe just said you guys considered the amount of realm members, so guessing you had time.
  5. ledarsi

ledarsi Post Master General

I am not a member of Realm, and although the Realm has kindly allowed the Vanguards the use of their TeamSpeak server it really isn't true that the Realm has any undue influence.
  6. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

He said.. She said... But he said... IT'S JUST A BADGE, get over it...
  7. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

NO>>> WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK I HAD AN ANXIETY ATTACK!!!

I woke up 9hours 45mins after getting a blue badge and was told to deal with it!!!!!!!

HOW DO YOU THINK I FELT ????

There was no internal structuring,, there was no prior planning !!
    I woke up labeled "Shark Food" in a pool of "Sharks"!!

Now before any form of system was even given a chance to be setup ,, lots of people decided to try to "KILL" the idea before it began !!!

HMMMMMM
    NICE!!!!!
    bradaz85 likes this.
  8. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

It's childish and pathetic, seriously. These guys need to get over it.
  9. thekiller666

thekiller666 Active Member

I haven't read a single post stating people want the Vanguard disbanded. All I've seen and posted are concerns about the origins, make-up and internal workings of the Vanguards.

I'm terribly sorry that you've felt pressured and honestly want you to feel well. I honestly can't imagine what it's like to have anxiety attacks and true fear of social pressure. I hope you get better!

I
  10. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Unfortunately, because everyone is so up in arms, before a probation period has even been had, it is having the OPPOSITE effect on communication between fans and devs. Let's just try and get on with discussing the game, while we see how this PV thing pans out...
    bradaz85 likes this.
  11. ledarsi

ledarsi Post Master General

We are working on the first newsletter. Hopefully when people realize that all we're really doing is filtering, sorting, and linking information into an executive digest people will calm down. If anyone has any suggestions for what you would like in the newsletter, that would be more helpful than saying the Vanguards are secretly trying to take over the entire world.
    LordQ, drz1, maxpowerz and 3 others like this.
  12. thekiller666

thekiller666 Active Member

Good, this is what I wanted, you folks need to make clear which things and ideas you are forwarding.
  13. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Very nice!
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Honestly. You guys should have been ready from the word go. You should have prepared for community concern and already had a plan and communications to ease it all in.

Right now there is a big PR problem. Not every Vanguard seems to be on the same page. That's not a good way to start, imo.

[Edit]
    To be frank I thought Uber would present special groups in a better way then they have before in the past. Also how the heck did BroTranquility make it on the team/group? :p
    Last edited: December 15, 2013
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  15. KNight

KNight Post Master General

As was explained here we didn't have any option, it was out of our hands and happened sooner than anyone expected. We would have much rather had more time to prepare but due to circumstances outside our control we were left scrambling.

Mike
    DeadStretch likes this.
  16. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Thanks for the link. That thread has become hard to find things.
  17. guzwaatensen

guzwaatensen Active Member

I don't want to do the whole wall quoting routine, as that's how you kill conversations. So that's why i'll just address some things selectively.
    So I may have resorted to vernacular to emphasize my distain. This was in no way supposed to be a personal attack.
    You need to stop acting as if the vanguards were some ultra secret society. It's a forum badge...
    You have some added responsibility but no privileges, in fact you do part of Brads job (but for free) and it limits your freedom of expression on the forums (as you have to remain factual).
    He wants a part of it, giving him responsibility would be a good thing, doesn't matter which reasons people like me have for the suggestion. Do your job...

Just for the record, i also can't understand the other side of the argument. 'Huge PR Problem'? Can both sides get back to reality? Let them do their thing for a week, if there's reason for complaints then, they will at least not be completely baseless...
    LordQ likes this.
  18. Timevans999

Timevans999 Active Member

I've got a suggestion spend more time playing other games rather than extra time on the forum, its far more productive:)
  19. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

The biggest issues is that when several concerns were voiced by the community, from multiple members, the Vanguard just brushed the concerns aside. So from the get go they weren't doing what they are supposed to – listen to the community and cast aside their personal bias.

That is a huge problem.

From the get go, they didn't do their job and did the very thing people are concerned about.
  20. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Such as? Can you provide an example Brian?
    We've answered your questions. Are you unhappy with the answers?