Suggestion for moneyball shields.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Vleessjuu, January 15, 2011.

?

Should this idea be implemented?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Some compromise like Hudson proposed

14 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. Oscar

Oscar New Member

Support this idea!
  2. grimbar

grimbar New Member

I marked the relevant bit for your convenience, have a nice day
  3. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

This is actually a pretty neat idea if the numbers were tweaked correctly. This would prevent weird situations like where the Moneyball would all of a sudden restore it's shields right when you're unloading your clip at it.
  4. Mocky55

Mocky55 New Member

u mean add another 10-15 seconds of shield down time per time it is hit by a pro? or did u intend to add a time interval between times the down time can be added by pro dammage and give it a max of 30 seconds?
    i don't think this compromise makes any sense, once a pro is at the ball shooting it down it will just be maxed with the constant 30 seconds like it is now anyway.
    either pro dammage should not count to increase the shields down time at all or it should be left as it is.
    I would like to see the bots be more importent though to add more tactics and strategy and lessen the bullshit. So i'll agree with the initial suggestion.
  5. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Interesting proposal. This has merit worth exploring.
  6. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

What currently happens: Bot or Pro damage resets the clock to 30 seconds.

----------------

I'm proposing two independent timers:

Ball is taken down initially: 30 seconds on the clock subdivided between two different 15 seconds intervals.

1st 15 seconds (of 30 total): No pro damage adds time to the clock. Bot damage will reset the clock to 30 seconds total (with same 15 second intervals).

2nd 15 seconds (of 30 total): Pro damage resets clock to 15 seconds total (no subdivided intervals). Bot damage will reset the clock to 30 seconds total (with the same subdivided intervals).

This way, pro damage never cheats bot damage out of at least a full 30 second duration, and pros are forced to keep a more rapid focus on the money ball if they are unable to continue their job of pushing bots into the base. It would also prevent the same assassin suiciding over and over again just to put 1 S-launcher shot into the ball and still have enough time to respawn, cross the map, and do it again.

The time intervals are subject to change according to balance of course, but just use them as a conceptual guideline for the sake of this topic.
  7. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

they are both good ideas either one works for me
  8. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

I like. :D
  9. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

There's nothing wrong with the way it is. Really, Uber can spend its time developing other systems.
  10. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Some people will disagree and I partially agree that the system is wonky the way it is. Assassins can rape the ball with no effort. It sort of sucks knowing that 1 or 2 assassins can team up and keep the ball down.
  11. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I think its fine the way it is, but would be open to a change provided it did not make every game go to overtime, which is probably one of the biggest balance concerns when talking about changing the time on the clock.
  12. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

no offence, but i think the initial idea would promote less spawncamping.
  13. Polynomial

Any class can do that just by tapping the moneyball. Its not just assassins.
  14. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Well, assassins are ideal for it because they can cross the map incredibly fast and it's pretty much impossible to prevent it. Plus they can bounce shurikens into the moneyball at weird angles that don't require direct line of sight
  15. Polynomial

Assaults, tanks and gunners can jump up on the ramps above the moneyball and tap it once too except for maybe Grenade 3. Assassins are easier to kill even too.
  16. faits

faits New Member

Pretty sure an assassin can hit the money ball, get killed, respawn, and get back before the shields get up even if nobody else managed to touch it in the meantime. Don't know if any of the other classes can get there fast enough to keep the ball down on their own.
  17. grimbar

grimbar New Member

The angles on most maps allow the tank, the sniper, the assassin, the gunner and the assault to keep it down from turret-safe distances without the enemy noticing the first shot if you approach it from multiple angles. Pretty sure I said something similar already
  18. WhiteHawke

WhiteHawke New Member

Hudson's idea is very good. I support this completely.
  19. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

this post is from a thread about adding a timer for how long the moneyball shields remain down. i think he had a good idea for this thread.

this is the idea. when the bots take the shields down, pros can only undo the shield's recharge at maybe twice the rate they regenerate. for instance, if the shields have went 20 seconds without damage, then a pro nicking it wouldnt set it back more than 2 seconds, but a pro firing on it for 10 seconds would set it back all the way.

shields are down for 25 seconds, then a pro cant just tap on it once, they hafta sustain fire for 5 seconds to buy 10 seconds more of time, and 12 seconds to get all 25 seconds back. if 2 pros fire for 7 seconds, then they reset the moneyball shield time by 28 seconds. you see?

for each pro that shoots it one second, the shield will take 2 seconds longer to go up. if a bot hits it, the shields reset completely of course.

how does everyone like this idea?