Submarines: Limited Ammunition

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by sal0x2328, September 6, 2012.

?

Should ammunition be limited for submarines?

1. Submarines should generally have limited ammo that requires a tender or return to base

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  2. Submarines should generally have limited ammo that recharges slowly over time.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Submarines should generally have limited ammo that either required a tender or return to base, or re

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Submarines should not have limited ammo.

41 vote(s)
    74.5%
  5. I do not care.

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. Other (Please comment)

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. claw55

claw55 New Member

Submarines should not have limited ammo because Awesome.
  2. sal0x2328

sal0x2328 Member

but if they had limited ammo their weapons could be more awesome without making submarines totally dominate in naval warfare.
  3. ledarsi

ledarsi Post Master General

Submarines should have limited ammo because Awesome.

Gameplay trumps all, QED.

(I am being facetious. I am not actually sold on submarines with limited ammo- most likely giving them burst fire with long cooldown would do the same job)
  4. samothtronicien

samothtronicien New Member

Unlimited ammunition !

I do not want to manage my submarines, I already had enough of managing the fuels of my planes on SupCom. We are in a very distant future, everything is powered with "quantic nuclear engine", no need for fossil fuel anymore :)
  5. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Giving them limited ammunition would just make them even more hit&run, either with the system where they need to restore ammo in the base as well as with the system where they store a regenerating number of torpedoes for quick firing.

Why is quick firing a bad idea? Because the DPS of normal units should be solid over time. Otherwise this type of unit tends to become invulnerable against "smaller" threads when using micro, just like point defenses tend to shred any oncoming threat before they receive counterfire.
  6. sal0x2328

sal0x2328 Member

If they are hit and run units that lesses their utility as a unit which can easily be spammed for total sea dominance, changes the way underwater warfare works compared to surface warfare, and if they are used as lurkers you would need a greater investment (in support structure to rearm them and/or just more subs).