Stupid tests on Alpha

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by GreenBag, June 9, 2013.

1. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

Well I tried a kamikaze commander and walked upto the opponents base straight away and self destructed....the end result.
    All his base was gone and his commander was on 1/4 health.
    Anyone else tried stupid ideas to see what happens?
  2. codyorr

codyorr New Member

Nice! :lol:
  3. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

Anyone else tried stupid moves?
  4. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

CompactDisc suicided himself into my base several times cause he knew I was growing faster than him.
    So he is known as the unofficial kamikaze of PA.

We also broke the game several times by spamming units and attacking each other.

I tried to play with just T1 bots but it didn't end well. We really need more types of planets, after 20 hours of playing on this planet I'm a little bit bored :mrgreen:
  5. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

There are no stupid tests in Alpha, just funny ones.
  6. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

I won with nothing but T1 Bots, Bombers and Fighters because my fabbers were bugged.

The entire match I was bragging about the raw power of my dwarf army. I AM PUMILIO! KING OF DWARVES!
  7. zwirekfb

zwirekfb New Member

Agree with that :p

Some guy went to my base with his commander and tried to explode near my and the outcome was that i was running with my commander while his was chasing mine and my tanks was chasing his commander... Like Benny Hill :) hilarious indeed :D

In the end big explosion lots of my base and units were destroyed but commander survived :ugeek: :cool:
  8. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

When I did my kamikaze I'd agreed with the guy to let it happen so I was standing next to him so I think it's official a commander can only take 3/4 of the health it's probably a balance thing so if you do say a 2 vs 2 and you know you're up against 2 awesome skilled opponents you can't just take one out by being a suicide.
    Loved the dwarf bot army idea made me lol
  9. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

I use the term stupid as you'd never try it in a real game but we're testing out things and I probably should have used the word funny.
  10. spookydonut

spookydonut Member

Back before it was patched in TA, it was a viable tactic to "comm-bomb" using an atlas and timing your commander's self destruct to hit theirs.
  11. numptyscrub

numptyscrub Member

Commander-napping anyone foolish enough to not build AA defenses was also a favourite for some of my friends. Since this was all LAN games, you could actually hear the cries of dismay (and fiendish chuckles) when it happened too :lol:

If air transports get implemented I suspect this is one of the first things people are going to try with them :mrgreen:
  12. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

I like the ideas I'm curious has anyone surrounded an enemy base with the OP laser turrets with anti air as a contain yet?
  13. FlandersNed

FlandersNed Member

I put a naval factory on a puddle, then made battleships go up a thin valley of water connected to it and destroy an enemy base along with its commander ;)
  14. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

You'd have caught me with that by surprise very inventive lol