Streams: PTE and Experimental Builds

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, April 23, 2014.

1. yrrep

yrrep Member

It seems create_default_context exists only since python3.4. As that is fairly new, you can try it without SSL: https://gist.github.com/pa-pyrus/5ddd5ce474e6007d8dee

Also, I've just pushed a version that creates the SSLContext directly. That should bump the required version of python back to 3.2. It still requires OpenSSL though.
  2. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

I wonder what the parameters are for the SSLContext() function as I have tried that and it imports with the script, but I don't know the correct parameters to input, your supposed to use ssl.PROTOCOL_SSLv23 I believe. https://docs.python.org/dev/library/ssl.html#ssl.SSLContext
    I can't get an example of the specific parameters your supposed to use

Figured it out:

import sys
    import os.path
    import ssl
    ~
    ssl_context = ssl.SSLContext(ssl.PROTOCOL_SSLv23)

for proper secure ssl connection
    Last edited: June 5, 2014
  3. yrrep

yrrep Member

That's basically what I did in the last commit, I only have it use SSLv3 though.
  4. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

For the Pythlon script papatcher you actually need to create the directory .local/Uber ~/PA/stable for stable version or it will fail. I created symbolic links for the .cache and stable pointing to PA. Archlinux has it in AUR https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/planetary-annihilation-pte/ you can actually run PA-pte from the command line in Arch. Works pretty snazzy, papatcher maintains its own cache of the files in .cache.:D
  5. yrrep

yrrep Member

Console output is now a bit nicer and I actually check for SSL support with an optional fallback to unencrypted login.

I probably should start my own topic if I keep posting changes.
  6. shootall

shootall Active Member

Hmm i can't get in to the PTE and i get some strange failed to download - 404 not found error messages while trying to run the PTE. Am i doing wrong or is something unavailable? I'm running the go patcher as per SXX instructions and it has worked fine until today.
  7. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

I noticed on new build its not patching files that are "read only" that is files with permissions chmod 555. It fails with this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/PA-pte", line 422, in <module>
    if not patcher.patch():
    File "/usr/bin/PA-pte", line 229, in patch
    if not future.result():
    File "/usr/lib/python3.3/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 392, in result
    return self.__get_result()
    File "/usr/lib/python3.3/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 351, in __get_result
    raise self._exception
    File "/usr/lib/python3.3/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 54, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
    File "/usr/bin/PA-pte", line 277, in _download_bundle
    return self._extract_bundle(bundle)
    File "/usr/bin/PA-pte", line 305, in _extract_bundle
    entry_file = open(entry_path, "w+b")
    PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/jbrown/.local/Uber Entertainment/PA/stable/media/pa/audio/PA_SFX.fsb'
  8. yrrep

yrrep Member

I now remove files before writing them, that should get rid of those permission errors.
    Also, there's now a thread dedicated to my patcher, so we no longer need to annoy people with my bugs in here.
  9. wellspun

wellspun New Member

Just downloaded the PTE and then build 67427 and found that I couldn't play anything on it because it says that there are no active regions for this build.

I appreciate having access to PTE builds but can you prevent people from downloading builds that aren't actively testable?

Thanks,
    Wellspun
  10. shiwanabe

shiwanabe Member

I just had a really weird issue with the 'new' launcher.

I've just had to reinstall windows because my computer crapped out and I just got it working again. Installed the UberLauncher ready to get PA playing again and found that it runs as an invisible window.

It seems to run properly, but I've got no visibility of it at all. I thought it might've been due to not having updated my Video drivers so i updated them without seeming to change anything.

I've added my DxDiag in case I've not grabbed something needed since the re installation.

Hopefully it's on my end, would be very worried if this is something up with the launcher itself.

Attached Files:

11. shiwanabe

shiwanabe Member

Okay, sometime over the past... [glances at date] 9 days this situation has resolved itself. I am still uncertain as to what caused it, but my current guess is something to do with a lack of c/c++ redistributable on new windows installations. Or Directx, or... well , I suppose the idea has been communicated. glad to be able to play again. :D
  12. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Is it possible to play it through Steam? It's in the "Betas" tab but you need a code.
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You should able to select "PTE" without entering code and Steam will start to download PTE immediately.
    Code only required for "ubertest" stream which is likely contain Uber internal stuff.
  14. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Oh. Yep it says PTE now. I just got confused because it asked for a code even though it seems to be unrelated.
  15. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

Some comments on the new build:
    A large number of Levelers were very funny about following their move command. (think this has been mentioned already)
    The flow field pathing system seems better I think.... it's certainly more fluid ( a little TOO fluid if anything) there seems to be no spacing between units though... I mean, I had about 200 dox's taking up about a 2cm square on my screen it was ridiculous and not very realistic.
    I had a herd of about 400+ dox's at one point.... trying to move them around and area patrol them was NOT amazing when it came to performance!
    Area patrol & move commands for aerial units is screwed... I was telling them to move one way they were going the complete opposite lol.
    Sound effect for SXX cannon was getting cut half way through (at least they turned the volume down though!)
  16. miliascolds

miliascolds Member

how do i turn on the PTE stream?
  17. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

For most builds, you have to use our launcher, not Steam. While I do activate PTE builds on Steam occasionally, it is only for builds that may be promoted to live typically. Standard test builds will not be pushed to Steam.

If you're using our launcher, just select the pulldown next to your name once you're logged in, and subscribe to the PTE stream. Then you can select it when you want to try it.
  18. miliascolds

miliascolds Member

19. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

PTE Stream is disabled for the time being. It's already out of date, and may be a bit before I have a build I can publish to PTE again.
  20. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

I hope that means that something big is imminent :)
    hobarrera likes this.