Strategical shields

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by dionytadema, August 17, 2013.

1. dionytadema

dionytadema Active Member

actually the shield i described is semi-symmetrical, shooting from within the shield depletes the shields energy, just like shooting it from outside. So you can chose: uses the shield to gain some time / or / prevent your defending tanks from being shot while the shield depletes very fast (however still shielding you tanks for the first 10-30 seconds)
  2. carpetmat

carpetmat Member

I like the idea of hexagonal forced placement to prevent overlap. And agree that a symmetrical shield is the surest way to balance them. With both of those combined I don't see a reason not to have them. But I'm probably a little biased as I tend to turtle when the enemy has a big scary army...

Also cause hexagons are the s***
  3. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Fun fact: Hexagons cannot be tessellated onto a sphere. It is geometrically impossible in every sense of the word.

Every time you see a force field made of hexagons it is a trick of texturing and shading.
  4. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I was about nitpick that, but I got confused with my platonic solids. For the lulz, let's go with pentagonal shields.
  5. carpetmat

carpetmat Member

you mean......bubble shields... LIED TO ME? Noooooooooooooooo
  6. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

shields should be in the game, it doesn't matter to me personally in what capacity... Was thinking 1 shield per planet, that way you cannot stack 100 of them up around your bases for an in-penetraitable shield bubble. Could also have it in the form of how the DUNE movie had their shields. Their shields when powered would rise out of the barricade walls instead of a complete shield blanket.