stop spawn camping

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by jaydogg, November 5, 2010.

1. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

Agreed.

I'm interested to see how prevalent this "issue" of spawn camping is. I spend a great deal of time playing this game, 50% on my own and 50% in some type of party. I have been spawn camped, but it happens VERY SELDOMLY.

Does it get blown out of proportion? I think yes. Spawn camping is not the rule. Nor is getting rolled in 1:30. If you stay in a server with people who are completely owning you, there is always another server waiting that will probably serve your desires a bit better. But I don't think getting rolled/camped is a CONSISTENT and PREVALENT experience that ruins the majority of the game.

Is it really a problem that is "hurting" the community? No. Reasonable people will realize that spawn camping is an aspect of life in shooters that don't have random spawn points, but it's not a WAY of life.
  2. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

plus its defeatable. it is defeatable. minus assault bombs on the door, full blown tanks and gunner on leashes can DEFEAT a team trying to spawncamp.

your safe in the spawnroom, you have time to leave, prepare, get as a group and get ready. when you leave, you have had plenty of time to contemplate on whatever you KNOW is out there.
  3. Nazanir

Nazanir New Member

Newsflash: people like winning more then they losing. Spawn camping may not be the best sportsmanship thing to do, but it's a workijg strategy. If you are unable to break it, you deserve to lose. Actually if you let it happen, it means you lacked the map control/defense, to stop your opponents from getting so deep inside your base.

Incidently, you don't have to break it, slipping through is enough, because their base will be poorly guarded. Do remember the knife cuts at both sides. I've learned from playing Dota/LoL many years that there are various strategies to win games. This is just one of them.

There are things as a gentleman's agreement, but you can't blame anyone for not upholding said agreement.
  4. jaydogg

jaydogg New Member

in roughly 38 hrs 5+ million people will be playing cod. im guessing the only people left who will be playing this game are the ones who defend spawn camping. ill check back in a week or two after youve had the chance to spawn camp each other, just to see threads with wow those guys were right this sucks in the title. hopefully the devs got the feedback they need to improve mnc2. they heard sides from their 8hr a day competitve players, and they heard from casual gamers who play for fun.
  5. Rannek17

Rannek17 New Member

funny how some of the casuals are better than the regulars, too.
  6. MojoTeq

MojoTeq New Member

I really think the spawn camping defenders have gotten stuck in the Pre-Conventional stage of moral development.

I find the statement funny that people complaining about shitty sportsmanship is somehow more harmful to the community that said poor sportsmanship.

That being said, I can't help but feel bad for the Devs. This is their baby, and the argument has to kind of suck for them. Like parents of bitching children that just can't get along.

:/ Sorry guys.
  7. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

This any/game could have no spawn camping and it would still take significant hits from any sort of CoD/Halo/GoW game that comes out.

I get spawn camped when I play solo. Does not really bother me more than it has in any other game.
  8. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Bye. I'll make sure to check the CoD forums to see you complaining about getting spawn-camped over there. Also, I'm a hardcore gamer that plays for fun. I play the game the way it was meant to be played, and every time I win I get a message for something that I did in the middle of the game. I'm a ***** for pushing bots instead of killing players. I'm a noob because I kill pros instead of killing bots. I'm a douche because I use ice-traps. I'm a tryhard because I shot the moneyball. People who lose will always find something to complain about. I'm sorry that since you lost you had less fun.
  9. MojoTeq

MojoTeq New Member

I really consider myself lucky, because I never get those messages, even in the odd game that I do ridiculously well in.

Haters got to hate.
  10. jaydogg

jaydogg New Member

spawn camping insnt nearly as bad in gow/cod etc. you get spawned in a general area where you have a good chance of fighting your way out , or putting up a hell of a fight! mnc you get spawned in a 10x10 room with 4-5 enemy players waiting probably with juice for you to run out and get dropped in 3 sec, with little to zero chance of a comeback. thats not fun..at all. honestly only recieved spawn camping a handfull of times, seen it happen many times and have gone straight to the moneyball to end the other teams misery. if other players could follow this example, a possible 1000+ more people would enjoy their mnc experiance instead of the 50-100 kids who are obsessed with leaderboards and collecting protags. when you only play for the leaderboards or protags, does the game begin to feel like work instead of fun? and im sure nobody gets paid to play this game,lol! turning a small game like this into an overly competitive kill fest is very unhealthy especially with a dwindling or soon to be following.

and no you wont see me in those forums because spawn camping isnt a PROMBLEM like it is in mnc. i know i wont see your *** in black ops tryhard! and if i do ill make sure youre my game winning kill to show you in the killcam hiding in a corner scared because you have no juice!
  11. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I get them with some frequency.
    Last edited: November 8, 2010
  12. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

You won't see me in CoD, because the general skill level in that game is too low. It's boring.
  13. The Onion

The Onion New Member

cry more.
  14. jaydogg

jaydogg New Member

lol yeah because mnc takes skill. you know exactly where the enemy spawns, the maps are small as hell and half the people you play are using the demo.so yeah guess i wont run into you in cod.

no its not crying, its trying to prove a point to devs, and scared mlg wannabee kids afraid to see the game improve for the better.
  15. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Yes, because CoD takes skill. See enemy, pull left trigger (which auto aims directly at them for you), fire your gun with the right trigger (a gun that has no recoil, even while firing at full auto), repeat as needed. And in your case jaydogg, you better hope your team is good enough to carry you, so even though you are the lowest scorer on your team every game, you can still talk **** and feel like you did something.
    Ignored.
  16. jaydogg

jaydogg New Member

auto aim barely works and when it does itll mess you up sniping, i can assure you i carry my team 80% of the time in cod, but thats not the point. point is this game can be fun and i care about the success of this game and uber and i would like to see more titles from them. when you d-bags beat up and spawn kill kids all night you probably convince many trial users to not buy the game. keep in mind this is on a nightly basis.less sales= no sequels.i see kids on the leaderboards with 50000+ kills. thats sad/pathetic. if i made or had anything to do with this game i would consider you d-bags a curse/virus killing my profits.

i hope to run into you girls on cod. billy i understand cod confuses you and you would be lost without juice, so have fun playin this until the new hannah montana comes out!
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Actually this past week I have seen tons of players ranging from level 5-15 so I would say that players are still buying the game.
  18. The Onion

The Onion New Member

you must have gotten your *** handed to you pretty badly in mnc to have this much anger.

NEEERRRRRDDDD RAAAAAGGGGEEEE
  19. jaydogg

jaydogg New Member

no anger or rage here, i find it pretty funny actually. the onion?...... is that the nickname the kids in class call you for that horrible body odor you have? no seriously im glad you stuck up for your woman billy jean. good job, now go stink!
  20. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Oh my Goodness, that slayed me. You will make such a wonderful and worthwhile addition to this forum's user base [read: my ignore list].