stop spawn camping

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by jaydogg, November 5, 2010.

1. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

but we dont want to make deadeye leave. hes loved here at these forums. i dont know what i would do without him :(

srsly, its a good idea but its hard to get support when a lot of people love k/d. deadeye being probably the most, he probably wouldnt mind never winning a game if he could instead get 20 kill and 0 deaths.
  2. kckzi

kckzi New Member

Yes, because the team that is spawn camping doesn't often win (sarcasm). Other than ending the game quicker there is no incentive to stop. Any group of players that can effectively spawn camp can end the game in a couple minutes... playing a game for two minutes and then waiting in a lobby for a minute isn't much fun for new players either.

Also, It's pretty obvious to me that the people that are complaining about the spawn camping care far more about their k/d then most the kids that are spawn raping. It's obvious to me cause I've seen a certain player (no names) who is posting rage at me in multiple lobbies and refuse to even play against me. Yet, I've seen himicane play against me and my friends multiple times despite having a bad team where he had no chance of winning, or even having a decent k/d. Now which one sounds like he cares about his k/d?
  3. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

Both actually but given how the player spawn camping is doing so to farm kills instead of simply winning I would say that they care far more in the end. If they didn't then they would have no problem letting players exit their spawn and have a chance to fight back.
  4. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

i can equate it, as they are not both apples but they certainly are both fruit.

for instance, half the people i play i could trip kick all game and they would automatically lose. they have no way to fight it except mash buttons, and that doesnt work when you trip kick with good timing/turbo controller. however, i dont do that after i know they cant fight it. i can find better ways to win a game than to look like i have no skill while doing it.

now, i may do insane cross-up stuff with vegas roundhouse kick-leap, or kens jumpkick-lowspinkick, once i know the kid plays well. or dropkick-claw-dropkick-claw in different patterns. both are cheap, but if they know how to play well they have a chance to fight back and counter with focuses or armor-moves, and i wont feel like im taking candy from a baby. i will have given them a honest chance.
  5. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

Raging ragers are enraged.

I get mad when my friends are Juice running too hard on kids, or camping too hard. Personally I like to see what kinda cool stuff I can pull off on kids on different parts of the map, watching randies sit in the spawn doorway and taunt is not very fun.
  6. southsidesox24

southsidesox24 New Member

Not to derail the thread too much, but I love the idea that many people have posited on here that goes like this, "K/D means nothing, only loser 15 year olds care about it, the real important part of the game is getting bots to the ball."

Lets think about this for a second.

If your team is getting out-slayed by a decent margin, you are spending much more time in the spawn area and also attempting to travel back to where you were. In this time, most likely that player has pushed up farther. Now, I'm not gonna say that getting bots to the ball is not important, because it obviously is. But the best way to do this is to constantly be killing your opponent and then killing the bots after that. Or while you kill your opponent, your teammate kills bots. This game is all about map control, and to have map control, your opponent needs to be dead or pushed back. Another important aspect of the game is your K/D ratio in the match. With a high K/D ratio, you are much more likely to get streaks, which vastly increase your earnings curve, which allows you to upgrade or get in a juice-chain.

So for everyone who says "This game is not TD" or "Only noobs care about their K/D", well, that is not necessarily true. Because this game is basically TD with some objectives.

What does this have to do with spawn killing? Not much.
  7. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

Shut up random. <3
  8. Himicane

Himicane New Member

Haha let me explain the phenomena of sarcasm. It will be a simple explanation for all the tard muffins out there who don't understand it (btw tard muffins doesn't offend them because they're too stupid to get the fact that I'm calling them tard muffins.)Sarcasm is ridicule or mockery is used harshly, often crudely and contemptuously, for destructive purposes. It may be used in an indirect manner, and have the form of irony.(Wiki) (Always site your sources kids) I have in my profile "I'm AFK to boost." It is in my profile because people accused me of doing this because I go AFK to let my friends play on my host when I am gone. I put "I'm AFK to boost" as my motto to piss people off. I hope (fingers crossed) after reading this you can with the smallest of brain size that you do have that you can understand why it is listed in my profile.

PS: Deadeye is a random. Please believe me people on that.
  9. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

I agree and have stated this previously. I basically blame Uber for not thinking outside of the Team Deathmatch box. They have stated that the issue could be improved by placing more emphasis on completing objective and rewarding players less for getting kills but fear how difficult this would be with a shipped product.
  10. AARPS

AARPS New Member

^THIS

This is the perfect comparison, and it describes the rift between the two camps perfectly (though maybe it's only perfect to cats on my side of the argument.) Cat and mouse is a truly dominate play style, and the willingness to give up ground is born from superiority. He's playing to destroy you on all fronts, not to show that you can be ground trapped. If I let you get on your feet and still whip your a@s then you have no excuse, you are not my equal.

*edit: to answer this:
    Last edited: November 6, 2010
  11. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Sure seems sockpuppet round here.
  12. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

13. AARPS

AARPS New Member

14. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

15. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Guess what? I disagree with what Scathis wrote. That's right. I disagree with a developer. As it turns out, they aren't gods, they are human beings with opinions that can either be agreed with or disagreed with.

I think that, in a game that is as balanced as this, if you are getting spawn camped, it is your team's responsibility to break it. If I just leave their spawn, they are going to build up their defenses, and I'm just going to have to tear them down again. If I shoot the moneyball, I'm going to get bitched at for not giving them a chance to make a comeback. If I spawncamp, I'm going to get yelled at for that.

Bottom Line: I'm going to get bitched at no matter what I do if I win, so I'm just going to do what is the most fun while doing it. If you don't like it, go back to Halo.
  16. The Dude 421

The Dude 421 New Member

This

:medal for Billy
  17. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Billy, you don't understand. Despite getting yelled at for pretty much everything you do, you should listen to the people who say "insert [dont spawn camp/don't melt the money ball/don't kill turrets/melt the money ball/spawn camp] here" instead of just prioritizing your fun above all of the differing opinions people have about playing this game. You should totally allow a playstyle to be forced upon you rather than telling everyone "you are free to play within the limits that the developers set upon the game without exploiting a reported glitch."
  18. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

I don't even want to joke anymore. Some idiot might read your sarcastic statement and think you are being serious. The people on the forums don't understand that they are ruining both the game and community when they cry to the developers every time they get stomped on.
  19. The Dude 421

The Dude 421 New Member

:medal x's 2
  20. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

i have a question. you read all my fixes about spawn camping. do you think i have a problem with spawncampers seriously? or do you think im trying to give this game a different vibe from MW2, which had a lot of spawncamping?

TBH, i think spawncamping should stay. i only wish we could only somehow make custom servers that had some kind of a system making the spawn exceedingly difficult. if i had to design it, id make a barrier past the spawnroom door that you can shoot out of, but they can enter, but they cant shoot in from outside it. kind if like a neutral zone, and put one around the moneyball too maybe.

but this game is limited to the devs atm, so we are going to have to agree on something. id say as long as people quit being asses (assault bombs on the spawnroom door, really?), the spawn system is fine, work as a team more often dammit.