stop spawn camping

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by jaydogg, November 5, 2010.

1. jaydogg

jaydogg New Member

ive read many posts on here about spawn camping, and this thread is aimed mostly at the devs. please incorporate a playlist that prohibits playing against stacked teams. call of duty has a game mode where you get teamed up with complete randoms. that would be perfect for this game, or matchmaking based on rank. ive had many fun,long,close overtime matches but the other half is played against teams who are all at the top of the leaderboards and play this game 8 hrs a day. theres not too many people playing this game on live and i keep getting stuck playing these same 50 people every match.
    also up the health on turrets and bots seeing as theyre almost completely useless in multiplayer.
    and to the kids who stack their teams every night. please stop spawn camping kids and go for the win. youre ruining the experience for kids who may be on the fence to buying this game. its funny that kids stack teams in this game. thats something i do in gears and call of duty where theres thousands of of people playing at any given time. keep up this gay trend on this tiny gem of a game, and the only people buying mnc 2 will be the top 100 on the leaderboards.
    i also find it very sad when people try to come on these forums and voice their hatred for this horrible practice of spawn camping just to be shot down by a handful of topranked players saying get better. if its any consolidation to the randoms like myself who play this game for fun and like to experience everthing in a match.. instead of spawn camping and juicing consider this... these top ranked people who spawn camp,and stack teams either never played a call of duty, gears of war, halo, or battlefield. or was never good at them and found this fun kiddie game to dominate in. either way cut this **** out it irritates 90% of this games customers.
  2. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

there is a new thread right below this one. it too is a wish. it too belongs in the wishlist section.

this belongs in a wishlist section.

it isnt like i dont agree, perhaps crossfire should split teams after the results of the first game to put good players on different teams to balance not-so-good players. maybe they should have a party-crossfire and a mixup-crossfire.

idk what the devs are doing (other than moving your post), but it may happen depending on other opinion and it may not. either way, you may save yourself some getting nagged at if you use the search engine to find topics already open for this, or at least post this in a wishlist section (this is clearly an idea or wish)

ALSO, i happen to play CoD and im NOT getting black ops cuz MW2 is broke. tell me one other setup i can use beside the UMP45 with silencer, a thumper, and lightweight marathon ninja perks, and ill tell you a setup that will go 1-673 every effin game, even in the hands of someone who played the original CoD.

this isnt that small of a game. its fairly big. there are at least thousands of people playing. not everyone is a TDM player like deadeye, some of us will do full-team-of-assassins against a team we know isnt well balanced.
  3. jaydogg

jaydogg New Member

:) sorry im not very forum saavy. it was a suggestion/shoutout.
    im just pissed cuz the multiplayer in this game has gone to ****! it used to be fun but now... i hit the a button search for match..... i either get put in the middle of a match thats 5 on 2 and being on either team isnt very fun in that scenario, or im in a lobby playing against some mlg wannabee team. i love the game and its got great potential( imagine gears of war multiplayer with turrets!) but some changes need to be made because the fun in this game is wearing very thin! honestly ill be on black ops for a while but maybe this would help new/current players or ideas for mnc 2.
  4. V A L K 3 N

V A L K 3 N New Member

You're best bet is to take note of the names that postpone winning to grief you for kills. Then, just leave whenever you see them. If the problem is specific players, avoid them.
  5. Himicane

Himicane New Member

You can avoid me when you see me playing LADIES, but for the rest of the people who like challenges, stay and play.

You two continue to cry, in fact I'm tired of reading complaints. Halo started sucking when the designers started catering to the kids who suck at video games, making it much less fun and competitive. When someone who has superior skills can't clearly elevate over bad kids due to game "fixes", the game ceases to have no competitive merit.
  6. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Everything he just said.
  7. V A L K 3 N

V A L K 3 N New Member

Yeah, see, they have no problem letting you know who to avoid.
    If I can spawn camp, I will win instead.
    Send me a FR if you agree.
  8. Z Bear

Z Bear New Member

News flash, Himicane. If a title that allows both experienced and inexperienced players to enjoy the game sells better than a title that caters to elitist gamers with no lives to keep them otherwise occupied, what do you think developers (at least the ones who want to remain in business) are going to produce?

The tone of these forums has gotten so negative over the last few weeks. It's really a shame. I suppose if this game had a bigger userbase, the jerks wouldn't stand out so badly, but at this point, the community is suffering because of it.
  9. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

Sweep the leg. No mercy.
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

11. DeadStretch

12. rhineville

rhineville Member

The problem with spawn camping in this game versus Halo and the like is that those games have huge player bases in comparison to MNC; not only is spawn camping less of a problem since a more homogeneous group of players (more casuals, less pros) leads to games being less one-sided, but those AAA games' sales aren't hurt because of spawn camping.

Noob comes into the game with his demo, and for his free hour he's stuck in his spawn. Lots of fun for him, he never plays again, community stagnates, sales drop off. He could be murdered the same amount of times out in the field or at his base and still have a decent time and see the game has promise, but if he's getting airstruck in his base and trapped outside his spawn doors he's likely not going to make it a buy.

If I see spawn camping (that is, killing of the players right outside their doors, I don't care about kills inside a base) then I leave. I left twice yesterday for being ON the team that was spawn-camping. It wasn't fun. not only was it not fun because it was 0 challenge, but it was no fun because I knew the other players weren't having fun; this game is at it's best when you kill someone or get killed in an awesome way, and you know the person on the other end is laughing just as much as you. I don't really like the whole schadenfreude thing.
  13. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

i only disagree with one thing...

halo and cod all are starting to annoy people. being a AAA game doesnt mean you can make trash and stick your name onto it and it will sell. people are eventually guna get fed up with them.

hey, mnc isnt too bad in comparison to some of the stuff they try to feed you. pluz its cheaper.
  14. The Dude 421

The Dude 421 New Member

Himi FTW
  15. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

first off, you dont get to talk when your gamertag status/location/whatever says what yours says. dont play dumb. ill announce it here and now.

second off, it seems to be a double standard that the newbies must enjoy struggling hopelessly uphill, but people will skill shouldnt have any obstacles to challenge them.

third off, it should make it more fun and competitive to give kids a chance to walk out their spawn and get ready to fight, before defeating them. I.E. noob bison player that always tripkicks = less skill and fun than ryu player than lets the opponent stand up
  16. The Dude 421

The Dude 421 New Member

17. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

From a marketing standpoint, QFT fer srs.

NO. You cannot equate playing the wakeup game to team-coordinated spawn camping. That Ryu player that lets an opponent stand up for free just conceded an advantage in a clearly 1-on-1 setting. I dare say he's as much of a scrub as the person he knocked down.

Or he's being cocky. Otherwise, I don't know why he's playing.
  18. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

This is the best post.
  19. DeadStretch

20. jaydogg

jaydogg New Member

perhaps to cure this problem in the future just remove the stat that tracks kills vs deaths and only track wins vs losses. that would eliminate the 10% of kids who oddly care about their k/d ratio and spawn camp to boost that stat.