Stop [INSERT GENERIC COMPLAINT ALREADY ADDRESSED ELSEWHERE]!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by BroTranquilty, November 5, 2010.

1. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

nah, you dont need to worry about any of those complaints not reaching the "newbies". that wasnt what i meant by posting this, i could care less about that.

HEY NEWBIES, SOME PEOPLE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS GAME FOR THESE REASONS. FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS, FEEL FREE TO LEARN THESE COMMON COMPLAINTS AND VOICE YOUR FEELINGS ON THEM. THATS WHAT THE FORUMS ARE FOR.

if i didnt want people talking about some things at all, id be a nazi. im not, there isnt a point in having a forums if people arent allowed to talk.

however, we have devs reading all the sections of these forums, and they are a cooperative bunch. we have posts already open to spawnkilling and stuff. please post in those, and not make a repeat topic. thank you.

wether the game looks bad or good shouldnt matter. im not against that at all, im against someone who...

~posts happy birthday in the feedback and issues section
    ~posts a important new glitch occuring due to a recent update in the off-topic section
    ~posts their graphics and skins in the discussion section
    ~posts a survey in the ideas/wishlist section
  2. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I think thats his booty.
  3. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

I am still just pointing out that if we are going to hold the forums to a standard, shouldn't we be trying to hold the game that the forum is about to the same standard?

So what you are saying is that you are annoyed that people aren't using the forums as intended? That they should be limiting their posts to the correct sections because otherwise it causes issues with the purpose of the forum (to organize ideas in an easy to find/read way) and goes against the admins wishes (to prevent disorder/flaming)? I agree.

Alternative text:
    So what I am saying is that we should be annoyed that people aren't playing the game as intended? That they should be trying to win by shooting the moneyball because otherwise it causes issues with the purpose of the game (for everyone to have fun) and goes against the developer's wishes (to encourage others to buy the game)? Those who like the game enough to post on the forums should agree.
    Last edited: November 5, 2010
  4. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

Clearly it's a bouquet of very early-blooming parentheses.

And Billy, I know you've played Top Gun for the NES. How could you betray your roots?
  5. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

And now I'm even more confused.
  6. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

im really just complaining that spawn killing (or similar topics) shouldnt be listed like this:

General Discussion
    >stop spawnkilling
    >spawnkilling?
    >spawnkilling ruins the game
    Ideas and Wishlist
    >spawnkilling
    >how to fix spawnkilling
    Feedback and Issues
    >spawnkilling too overpowered?
    >spawnkilling causes quitting
    Strategy and Tactics
    >spawnkilling is annoying

no more than 3 threads should be made to talk about any 1 topic. there shouldnt even be any more than 3 ways to talk about 1 topic. and if your trying to say that people should make more topics and not care about the sections because the issue is just that important, that i must say that NOTHING is that important. the gunner might need a new bot/skill/effect-of-grappling, but its not so important that it needs to be posted in a DO NOT DISCUSS GUNNER GRAPPLE section even tho it doesnt belong.

it being important to everybody doesnt mean it belongs in a place it doesnt fit. it means it belongs in a place it fits in, and then discussed.

talk about it where it belongs, and it will be heard. devs will see it, it will register some sort of tone with them. it will impact them and they will act accordingly. meh, posting this here was a dumb idea anyhow, as this actually probably belongs in the off-topic section. i was just angry that this section has 3 wishes posted in it.

wishes? isnt there a section for that? :roll:
  7. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

I got killed by ______ and now I feel that it is overpowered or that it should be changed. I think I'll start a forum topic. Go to any forum based on a game and see how many threads like this are out there. They are everywhere.
  8. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

everywhere, as in posted all over the wrong catergories. people are getting lazy, and posting them in whatever catergory the click first.

we can all agree we can complain about forum users not using the "search" feature to see if there is already discussion about the topic, and then posting a topic in a correct catergory if there isnt one already made.

at least i made a topic in an incorrect section about other people using incorrect sections, only so people using this section for another sections business would read this. anyhow, its not describing the game (other than the miniconversation thats off topic in here), so it doesnt belong in here either.

i asked for it to be moved to off-topic, where this topic can be in the right section for complaining about other topics complaining in the wrong section.
  9. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

Billy, it's a simple question really.

Do you or do you not play with your y-axis inverted?
  10. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Stop annoying parody threads...
  11. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Yes. Why are you asking? Why are you asking me?
  12. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

Oh thank god. You had me worried, Billy.