Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Probably Steam Guard works different on Linux, but every new distro I tested I got this code.
  2. gnatinator

gnatinator New Member

10/10 decision for standalone. :eek:
  3. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

I must ask about this: "n. Also,
    after generating a Steam key, you will be able
    to play Planetary Annihilation both on Steam
    and with the UberNet launcher. We will
    provide more details about this soon."

Does that mean that even if I activate key on Steam I can still use PAlauncher without launching Steam etc.?
  4. LegionDarrath

LegionDarrath Member

That's because it sees every new distro as a new computer since the OS changed.
  5. antillie

antillie Member

I believe that the conversion to Steam is one way and permanent. Once you convert your game key to a Steam key you will always need to use Steam to install the game. I assume that Steam will just launch the Ubernet launcher kinda how Steam just launches the Borderlands 2 and Civ 5 launchers.

I believe that your Ubernet account will be tied to your Steam account at that point and you will always need Steam to play PA on the official servers from then on.
  6. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

I dont want someones believe, Im atheist ;) I want official statement. From Uber.
  7. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

If you use Steam then you use Steam, otherwise you use our launcher.
  8. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

you can add PA and Uber's launcher as non steam game and use both steam and Uber launcher, if youre totally mad :D
  9. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

If so, statement on /mykeys page is really confusing. One thing here, one there. But ok.
  10. neutrino

What's confusing? You can switch your ubernet key for a steam key if you so choose.
  11. LegionDarrath

LegionDarrath Member

I think it says on the key page that you can keep playing through Ubernet even if you get a Steam key.
  12. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Well, I dont really want to argue with dev :D For me confusing part is "Also,
    after generating a Steam key, you will be able
    to play Planetary Annihilation both on Steam
    and with the UberNet launcher."

And after those posts and this info it is confusing, that part about UberNet Launcher. I have no idea how this Launcher thing is handled. Just sayin'.
  13. neutrino

I stand corrected. Just talked to the guys (this was kind of hard to wrangle).

So if you convert to Steam then once you've played the game once through Steam and logged into UberNet by linking your Steam account you can technically download the launcher and play either way.
  14. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Thank you! So, Steam is not really as much of DRM as people talked. I like this, even after linking account to Steam I can use launcher at my brothers place where he doesnt have unlimited internet (Steam can suck many MB on start). Thats cool.
  15. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I have other Steam related problem: it's usually banned on public WiFi and offices which I visit from time to time. I'm freelancer, but sometimes I need to stay and wait in client office for hours.
    And usually Steam banned here, that make me really sad. :roll:

So it's good news that I won't be forced to run game though steam even if I choose it for updates.
  16. antillie

antillie Member

Well Steam does have an offline mode and there are always VPNs.

I have lost connectivity while playing a single player game on Steam many times over the years and it just makes the friends list show everyone as offline. The game keeps running fine.

I have also played Steam games in the airport without an internet connection many times.
  17. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

Does it work only if I converted, or I can buy the game in steam from the start?
  18. neutrino

You can buy the game from Steam to start. I would rather people buy from us though.
  19. desertfoxnl

desertfoxnl New Member

I would prefer it this way but here in the Netherlands we use IDEAL as a payment method and since paypall has a problem whit my account i have to use Steam wich supports IDEAL.

i wish i could pay directly :(

Greets Fox
  20. neutrino

We actually are trying to get IDEAL setup but it's quite a complicated thing to do because of the international banking issues we have to deal with.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.