Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

This is why I hate the general public, to quote the Steam forum:
  2. gobhoblin

gobhoblin New Member

Hey we both joined at the launch of SMNC! Yeah, PR is not this guy's strong point.
  3. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

No one swore but you, you are taking this overboard and becoming more than a bit silly on this one mate.
  4. gobhoblin

gobhoblin New Member

It was a pretty derogatory remark towards potential customers.
  5. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

I don't see it as that at all, it was a completely honest statement nothing more, you are choosing to make it something bad.
  6. flipette

flipette New Member

Why 83€ ? It's around 110 $ ...
  7. lordmd

lordmd Member

But it's the reason they can't offer it cheaper on Steam now... only way to offer it cheaper would be to wait until Alpha is finished(until Beta or Full Release)...

cause you know... Alpha access was something to reward the backers from Kickstarter - so it certainly should not be available much easier(cheaper) to anyone else just because they want it cheap at Steam. Steam should cost even more than 90$ - they should be happy they still can get into Alpha.

Since it's already funded by Kickstarter... I don't think it should be a problem to completely remove it from Steam if there are problems with Valve because people complaining? Or would this be a problem? But please, please don't make it cheaper. Or everyone else who backed at 90$ wants their money back... - I know there are other rewards we got at 90$ but for a lot of people Alpha access was the main reason.

( Also what about other boni you get if you buy now at Steam for 90$? Technically they should get everything the 90$ edition from the Uber website offers... and this should also be mentioned at Steam ).
  8. extraspectre

extraspectre New Member

Oh I don't blame you at all, like you said it would be unfair to the people that made this game a reality to charge less now.

But please, for the love of god, explain that on the steam forum with a Pinned sticky(I see it on the store-page, but many people won't even read that before blowing through to the forums to vent their rage).

And please give the Steam guys some pre-order bonuses (at least the same stuff that everyone gets from your store).

Honestly from the absolute explosion of vitriol, perhaps it would have been best to wait until Beta to release on steam :?
    Last edited: June 13, 2013
  9. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Exactly, he's not wrong, most Gaming Consumers don't know heads from tails in terms of actual Game Development.

Mike
  10. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

So many trolls. Im sorry Neutrino for Internetz. You made very good decision and other people are complaining just to complain, dont think how does this work and what lowering price will do. Chill out people.
  11. gobhoblin

gobhoblin New Member

Steam isn't a funding project used to raise money, it's a store. You chose to pay $90 to help this game succeed, and as a gesture for your donation they gave you early Alpha access. You can't put a game on steam and still collect donations for it. As I said earlier (which it seems like you didn't read) they should remove it from Steam and refund those people who bought it on Steam (probably only 5-6 people) and just do private screenings to get extra people they need for the Alpha.
  12. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

I would say it will cool down within a day or two, but it will take some major damage control on this sadly. I feel for the devs it's not their fault, if it went up at $40 but said "no access to alpha or beta" people would complain as well. They can't win.
  13. LegionDarrath

LegionDarrath Member

The Steam forums are going nuts, I can't tell if these people are serious or not. I guess I pledged money into a scam if I have to believe them. When I pledged to this game there was nothing but that video on the kickstarter page, at least now there's something to play. There's plenty of proof this is being worked on and pretty hard too... They just look like entitled and spoiled brats to me.
  14. grimbar

grimbar New Member

15. gobhoblin

gobhoblin New Member

Really? I feel like people who funded it on kickstarter who would be upset about it being cheaper on steam are being entitled spoiled brats, since it doesn't make logical sense to try and raise donations on STEAM.
  16. gobhoblin

gobhoblin New Member

I know what that says, and don't see how it is relevant. I never said they broke Steam's rules for early release.
  17. I think so too. Steam is a store so you should BUY the product and not do some insane bs like donating to the cause (they already made several times their kickstarter goal and now milk the steam community). No they feel the heat and blame the steam community as if they were unreasonable.
  18. heyhellowhatsnew

heyhellowhatsnew New Member

How do I convert this key to a Steam key? I can't find the link.
  19. ephoscus

ephoscus Member

I think the Steam page should just be a lot more specific as to why the price is what it is. I think the picture on the front page of steam should say in big flashing red letters.

GAIN ACCESS TO THE ALPHA FOR THE KICKSTARTER PRICE

Explain that setting the price lower would insult those that help make the game possible at all.

I'm just seeing a lot of people stumble on the game & commenting on the price without thought - they don't tend to read the small print - they just yell & they'll be yell at their friends in turn.
  20. lordmd

lordmd Member

Technically they are not going to raise funds at Steam... they just leave the price high because Kickstarter Alpha also was high...

You don't know what they are doing with the money... they could even offer to donate 50 of the 90$ dollars to charity or even everything.

Personally I would not care - as long as the price is not going down - or just remove it from Steam if Valve makes trouble.

I'm sure as Alpha progresses more and more people that backed 90+ will play... and will play more.

I'm sure not everyone is playing that much and as more features get added and bugs get fixed some people that backed and haven't played yet might play and existing players might play more. We don't need more players from Steam.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.