Steam Winter Sale 2014 - PA 66% off

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Raevn, December 18, 2014.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Why are you playing games you don't like?
    It's like saying "I spent hundreds of hours on this thing that isn't really fun but I kept playing on and on"
    I guess if the game is addictive like a drug that kind of statement might make sense. But a game that is no fun can't be addictive xD
    cptconundrum likes this.
  2. ufarax

ufarax Active Member

The term is “getting my money’s worth”. My girlfriend thought PA might be the next Supcom, so she nagged a couple hundred from me to kick start. Do I regret parting with the money? yes I do. Do I hate PA? no I don’t. Will I ever buy my own personal copy? Not in a million years. Have I gotten my money’s worth? Yes I have. Will I ever play it again? Not while sober.
  3. cola_colin

Well I would not recommend others to pay a couple hundred $ on a kickstarter either. Not because I regret my own pledge, but because I realize spending unreasonable amounts of $ on kickstarter is ... well unreasonable and should not be recommended. People who want to do it will realize by themselves.
    However 10$ for a game on steam is a different story.
    Fr33Lancer and cptconundrum like this.
  4. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

Didn't Notch pledge $10k?
  5. cola_colin

What has that to do with anything?
  6. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

idk, you kind of called Notch unreasonable then
  7. cola_colin

I spent unreasonable amounts of $ myself, is being unreasonable about some things so bad? Sometimes I like being unreasonable. :p
    squishypon3 likes this.
  8. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Well I seem to remember a certain someone saying he wished the KS was at some other time so he could pledge 1000 dollars of some company I think? X3
    cola_colin likes this.