Steam Early Access; No Alpha/Progenitor.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by squishypon3, April 24, 2014.

?

Is the lack of bonuses fair for Steam Early Access players fair?

1. Yes.

18 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. No.

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderdude

enderdude Member

like i said before i got the galactic edition but i did not get the alpha... the steam people arent the only people with the problems :/ i wish uber can fix it but if they dont want to thats up to them
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

when backed the game i totaly did it with having the progenitor ... i just simply wanted him ... if i werent to care bout him i just would have buyed into the early bird for 20 bucks and be done with it ... i realy wanted something cool and to showoff ... now if everyone would have got it there would have been no point for me in doing so ... this is also a reason of why i feel uber did a disservice to the guys who bought the cosmic and galactic edition with the delta when allowing everyone to have the invictus ... to me that way the uniqueness of the delta is lost he simply does just feel like another version ... i do very much understand why they did it but to me that still is what i consider one of the most wrong moves they could have done ...

@enderdude
    as said those with galactic edition werent supposed to get the alpha nor progenitor but only people who upgraded their initial kickstarter perks ..
    so if there are people who illigaly got them over steam then the correct thing to do would be that alpha and progennitor are to be removed from those accounts ...
    Last edited: April 24, 2014
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

how many?
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I'm not sure but it'd still be unfair to give to few without giving to all, I understand why they have them, a mess up, but if they do- all should (the payed for the equivalent that is.)
  5. squishypon3

As you can see it was even given to one of the vanguards, proof there was a technical error that did happen in which galactic edition buyers received the commanders, (in case people still haven't been following what I've been trying to say.)
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

@ssx
    did you back the kickstarter or have you bought into early accses only with galactic/cosmic edition?

@squishypon3
    have you actualy bought galactic edition or early access to alpha only?
  7. squishypon3

I bought early access Alpha on Steam, and based on how our conversation was going I'm pretty sure SSX bought galactic (I could be wrong however and you might want to wait until SSX responds.)

Edit: I also believe Uber themselves have told me Galactic and steam versions were both supposed to be the same.
    Last edited: April 24, 2014
  8. tatsujb

it's the other way around dude. Boy you really are a trouble-stirrer (perhaps you should become my apprentice or @carlorizzante 's /insidejoke)

plus from what I gather it's a tiny minority vs the Huge majority. The problem you think it is now is nothing compared to your proposed solution.
    carlorizzante and MrTBSC like this.
  9. squishypon3

I don't mean to stir up trouble I just feel like I lost something I should have gotten and that it's unfair that these people get to keep the commanders while everyone else who bought the same thing don't. :(
  10. tatsujb

since when? stop it with that already
  11. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

To all:

Galactic edition 90$ or 70$ does not come with Alpha or Progenitor commander. They are for KS backers only.
    So if you bought it on steam or the Uberstore for that price, then there shouldn't be a difference between the two and you will not get those commanders.

At least that's the response I got from mkrater a while back.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  12. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I explained it multiple times already and in previous topic of OP too.
    For some technical reasons I miss PA kickstarter and pre-ordered it in May.
  13. squishypon3

Since people who bought the same thing I bought in the same stage of development got something they didn't deserve, that's unfair to everyone who didn't get that, all alpha players who payed for the game that didn't get it deserve it because a group who bought the same thing did.
  14. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Closing this thread, as it's no longer really serving its initial purpose anymore. If any of you feel like you didn't receive a Commander even though you purchased the appropriate edition of the game, contact support. We'll be happy to help ya out.

E-mail: support@uberent.com
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.