Steam Early Access; No Alpha/Progenitor.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by squishypon3, April 24, 2014.

?

Is the lack of bonuses fair for Steam Early Access players fair?

1. Yes.

18 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. No.

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

If that's the case, then it's not a matter of fairness, but the limitations of pricing options through steam. :-/
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I suppose... I just can't help but feel slightly cheated. I know it's not Uber's fault, I just hope they can possibly find a way to give people the rewards that seem fit for when they paid and how much they paid.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

*shrugs*

I see both sides of the argument.

I dunno. Maybe someday. :-(
    drz1 likes this.
  4. abyssomega

abyssomega New Member

Yeah I bought the 90 dollar alpha from steam also assuming it was the same as the uber store package i bought it on steam since all my info was already on it and all i had to do was click and was under the impression from forums and what not that both were the same if i knew diff i woulda just bought it from the uber site and gotten all the perk for the same price......... kinda stupid if you ask me
  5. squishypon3

That is exactly what happened to me! All my information was on Steam, I thought "Well it's the same right? Why not use steam!" but as it turns out.. It's apparently not... I am going to continue talking to support about giving us the commanders, crossed fingers but no promises. Sadly. :/
  6. abyssomega

abyssomega New Member

squeaky wheel gets the grease lets hope :)
  7. squishypon3

Sadly I seem to be getting no reply. :(
    Possibly we could try to round up a bunch of the Alpha Steam buyers and talk to Uber about it here? (Or alternatively, all send a message to support stating the exact same thing! :) )
  8. squishypon3

9. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

I just want to say that there seems to be a lot of misinformation going around here.

Let me first quote @garat :
    While there might be some crossovers, $90 steam/uber store backers and below will not have access to the Progenitor, Alpha or (possibly)Delta.

Here's a Helpful thread to inform you of the whys and hows of Commanders.
    cdrkf likes this.
  10. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

The issue is that the Galactic Edition gives people two coms that it shouldn't and that the Early Access during Alpha doesn't, the coms in question being the Alpha and the Progenitor. If these coms aren't removed from the armory for those people who purchased the Galactic Edition, then I see no issue. If they are not, then an issue exists.

Due to steam only ever offering one package and the price point purchased at not being passed along to Uber, they can't see that you bought in alpha that way. However, I believe that they could pass along the information of when the first game that you played in was and that they could determine that you were an Alpha purchaser that way. Not perfect, but who would buy during Alpha and then not play a single game until Beta? Probably no one or at the least very few people.

tl;dr Balance the Alpha Early Access and Galactic Edition so that they give you the same things.
  11. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Did the copy you purchased say you would get an Alpha or Progenitor Commander? No? And you purchased it anyway? Then WTF is this topic?

It's a reward for people who chipped in during a much higher risk period.
  12. OathAlliance

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. The Progenitor and Alpha Coms were never advertised on Early Access or on the Uber Store.

The Progenitor wasn't even released until Gamma so no one even played on it until it was restricted.

Also, as it has been talked about many times, Uber announced that not everyone would keep the Coms from Alpha/Beta.

Since those people didn't meet the requirements for having the Coms they don't get access to them. That is all.
    DeadStretch and cdrkf like this.
  13. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

The Galactic Edition people currently get access to them. (Galactic Edition being the Alpha Acces Uber Store package)
  14. OathAlliance

Well, since they weren't advertised, it would be a bug. In which case it should be reported to Uber so they can remove it.
    cdrkf likes this.
  15. squishypon3

I
    It Has been reported; they can't remove it because it was in their receipt.
  16. squishypon3

What do you mean? I could have bought this at the same point as any galactic edition buyer, I bought it in Alpha for 90 dollars; the only difference is I bought it from steam instead of the Uber store. (Please read carefully) Apparently the was a bug where every galactic edition buyer had those two commanders on their receipt which means they effectively paid for those and deserve those. The fact steam players are not given the commanders too seems unfair to me, personally.
    (Though I do understand the difficulty of implementation.)
    carlorizzante likes this.
  17. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I'm a ks backer... I paid for pa when there was no game, just a promise / hope. The ks commanders aren't meant for anyone who backed after the kickstarter ended. It sounds like some got lucky however frankly I don't see why any alpha backer should get access to the kickstarter exclusives. You guys get the theta and delta- would you be happy if these were given to post release purchasers?
  18. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

The primary reason I would deem it to be fair is because you knew what you were buying, it was clearly listed and stated on the store page.
    DeadStretch likes this.
  19. squishypon3

You don't understand, everyone who bought the Galactic Edition at the Uber store were given both the Alpha and Progenitor commander. Now I'll admit, this was a mistake but now they can't do anything about it because it was written on the receipts; if they didn't give the galactic edition the commanders they could be in trouble. My only problem is the Steam early access group wasn't given this as well. They weren't given the commander despite people who paid for the exact same thing at another area getting it.

Edit: Incase you don't know it wasn't just a few that got lucky, as I said: the entirety of the people who bought the game via Uber's website got the commanders.
    Last edited: April 24, 2014
  20. emporer88

emporer88 Member

I understand (but not as well) I bought the game in beta and has loads of fun, but honestly I never really cared too much about the commanders, I liked having fun and having a good time, no matter what your commander is, weather its a tank or a bot commander, still has the same job
    ps: yes after reading that I do fell ripped off I payed 50$! but its MY OWN FUALT, if I was to buy I game I SHOULD research and look into the game BEFORE buying it, though I didn't that time witch is why I got it on steam,

emporer88 out~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.