Status of Offline Mode

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by melhem19, September 12, 2014.

1. jendrykgaming

jendrykgaming Member

There was a post that got quoted by a user on a non-stickied topic from the lead dev on the 2nd page of General Discussion section that's been the most definitive statement from a dev on the topic, which was basically that offline was being worked on, and there's been a bit of quoting on the Steam forums in the same vein. This is not an official statement.

We're quickly coming up on a month without a critical feature, and without an official statement on its progress in a widely accessible venue (read: not pages into forum threads).

I'm not being snide or insulting when I ask the developers why the community as a whole can't receive a frontpage address directly from the development team as to the status of offline. Place yourselves in the shoes of people who bought the game, especially the people who bought into the game early access/kickstarter when offline was advertised as a feature, and now find that it isn't present in the game. Imagine that you have no idea why the feature you saw listed isn't actually included, and there's not anything listed for you on the game's website as to why.

Then imagine you care enough to google the topic and find a thread like this, or others like it that litter the forums, and come away with little idea of what exactly is going on with the feature.

This is why public disclosure is necessary.
    Crymaw and zagra like this.
  2. Crymaw

Crymaw Member

3. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

I beleived in uber and patiently waited...and finally its here (well allmost!)

Top one Uber! The saviors of rts gaming on pc...
  4. darktactics

darktactics Member

Finally. I was about to write one of those moody posts about being dissaponted and mislead, that I have been reading from others.

From Ubernet:

Maybe a new word should be invented instead of 'launch', to cover the these new format situations. Kickstarter has brought us a new angle on game dev, personally I like it but I don't like to hear a game is launched, only to see it full of issues and not completely playable to a resonable level.

Still, well happy about offline play.