Standalone Dedicated Servers Information *Updated*

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by Ekanaut, January 17, 2011.

1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Re: Dedicated Servers Information

PsychoAlex,

Your batch files look good. Do the servers both show up in your LAN tab?
  2. PsychoAlex

PsychoAlex New Member

The dedibox isn't local to me. So I can't tell whether the server's show up in LAN or not.
  3. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

PsychoAlex,

Can you try using -ServerInstance=1 for the first server and -ServerInstance=2 for the second and not using -ServerInstance=0
  4. PsychoAlex

PsychoAlex New Member

Tried that, server instance 2 is visable but not 1. About to retry with server instances 2+3.

Both server's are now visable in the listings. Not too sure what's going on but Serverinstance=1 doesn't seem to work correctly.

Now Have 4 servers up and running and displaying in the server listings. Running on instances 0, 2, 3, 6. The instances 1, 4 and 5 don't seem to allow me to display onto the server listings.
  5. KrazySteel

KrazySteel New Member

I'm running a MNC dedicated server and I'm a little confused where to input my admin password.
    There are 2 files with the adminpassword= option. One called DefaultAccess.ini and one called Hostile engine.ini. Both are located in the HostileGame/Cofig folder. Which is the correct file to edit or do I edit both of them??
    Thanks
  6. hayo

hayo New Member

You have to edit the HostileAccess.ini in the Documents\my games\UnrealEngine3\HostileGame\Config folder. In there you can set the admin password. You can find the information about it in this thread.
  7. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

I've asked this in another thread but got no answer.

Will there be support for console commands for the admins of a server? (toggledebugcamera, ghost, etc)

It would be much easier to take screenshots and do various testing(when the editor is released), so is this a possibility?
  8. taliosfalcon

taliosfalcon New Member

I'm missing something really simple here, but I don't see it in the command lines posted anywhere or any of the ini's i've looked through, how to you password protect a dedicated server for people joining (not an admin password)
  9. catawalks

catawalks New Member

Read the first post. It says how to do it there.
  10. GoNz0

GoNz0 New Member

post update my dedi servers will no longer show :(
  11. Largo_npc

Largo_npc New Member

Any way we can change the ports? Our ports are very limited. In fact we only have 3 open as it is a University connection. 7777 is not one of those ports and there's no way we can open it either.
  12. FuhrerMike

FuhrerMike New Member

My server is joinable through console but isn't showing on the list. It's also enforcing a minimum players needed to start, so nobody could play.
  13. feroxium

feroxium New Member

Add ?MinNumToStart=1 to your batchfile (or change it to whatever number you want).
  14. Savage

Savage New Member

For the life of me, I can't seem to get our servers to show up in the server browser. These are running on a dedicated windows 2008 R2 box with windows firewall turned off completely.

The server startup and run (seemingly) fine, but never show up in the server browser.
  15. Markuchi

Markuchi New Member

I am getting the following message:
    Warning: Warning, failed to load 'class hostilecontent.HGameEventReactionsContent': Failed to find object 'Class HostileContent.HgameEventReactionsContent'

I can host fine and the server is always full but this warning always apears when starting and also map change.

Hosted on a Virtual server running 2K8 R2.
  16. GateKeeper420

GateKeeper420 New Member

Markuchi,
    Unless it is causing problems with your server, I wouldn't worry about the "Warning".

I get the same "Warning" about a "Class None". But it's not in any way messing with the server.
  17. Leevers

Leevers New Member

This is a router port issue, nothing more. Try turn the router into DMZ mode and check again. If it shows then find the listed ports and forward them accordingly
  18. feroxium

feroxium New Member

If you are in the same subnet as the dedicated server, the server will show up in LAN.
    At least, that is what happens here... but others see it on the internet tab.
  19. SpikerNoob

SpikerNoob New Member

I had this problem too but they started showing up suddenly. The only thing I did was change the server instance to 2 and just skipped 0 and 1 so I am running two servers with the first one starting with 2. Not sure if this was the fix, but the servers are showing up now. Additionally, I did log into one of my servers manually via the console with ~open xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:xxxxx and was able to join. I have a hard time believing this fixed it, but the servers started to show up immediately right after doing this.
  20. SpikerNoob

SpikerNoob New Member

This does not seem to work for me. Does it matter where I put it in the batch file?