Standalone Dedicated Servers Information *Updated*

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by Ekanaut, January 17, 2011.

1. Brett

Brett New Member

Re: Dedicated Servers Information

Any chance of adding command line options for what IP to bind it to as well as how many player slots the server is?
  2. longshot902

longshot902 New Member

I believe, since this is based on the Unreal Engine, that server commands act the same on other games. Unreal Tournament 3 used a function called "multihome" to bind IPs to a static ip in case there were multiple servers on one computer.

Try:
    -multihome=IPADDRESS

IPADDRESS being your actual IP address.

As for the server slots, when you run the command it tells you how many players are on. Not sure if I understand the question.
  3. longshot902

longshot902 New Member

Maybe someone from Uber can comment on this, but can we really use Unreal Engine server calls on this game as well?
    Unreal Tournament 3 has a ton of stuff like:

bEnableReservedSlots=True
    bMakeRoomByKicking=True
    ReservedHash=1234567890 [In Unreal - this was the players ID]
  4. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We'll look into those features.
  5. Brett

Brett New Member

Thanks, I am trying to get a TCAdmin Configuration setup so that is why I am asking.

For Player Slots, what I meant was a way to specify the max players allowed on the server via command line. In the recommended command line on the first page I don't see anything for setting this.

6. faits

faits New Member

I think that the recommended command line has all the features that are currently implemented, meaning that the max players allowed variable might not be working yet. Someone from uber can probably confirm that.

In the full command line you've got stuff like:
    NumPublicConnections=12
    NumPrivateConnections=0
    NumOpenPublicConnections=0
    NumOpenPrivateConnections=0

Which I assume are meant to allow you to create a server for less than 12 people, or to reserve slots. If they work.
  7. Brett

Brett New Member

Ran into a couple more issues. How do you change the text in the server browser where it says "Dedicated" by default? The server is showing up on the server browser, but when I try to join it, it says "Your Connection to the Host has been Lost".

I have all the ports forwarded, DX/PhysX are installed on the machine, and the server seems to be running fine.
  8. faits

faits New Member

In olden days the OwningPlayerName variable was used to set the host name in the server list. I think it was two updates ago that stopped working (last update it just said "another mnc server" no matter what you put after OwningPlayerName=, so at least Dedicated is an improvement over that)
  9. Brett

Brett New Member

That is weird, there are other servers in the browser that say stuff besides "Dedicated" in the Host column.

Any ideas as to the other question? I am at a complete less on that, and I can't get any servers running until I fix that :/
  10. faits

faits New Member

If you launch a dedicated server from within the game that field will contain whatever your steam name is.
  11. Brett

Brett New Member

Ah, gotcha. Thank you.
  12. longshot902

longshot902 New Member

This only works if steam is running the background.... but this is the command line to start a server with your own name.

The name assigned to your steam account is the hostname for the MNC server.
    Like always this is what the batch needs to be:

mnc.exe Server HostileLobby?game=HostileGame.HGameInfo_PreGameLobby?bAllowJuicePurch=True?bAllowBotPurch=True?bAllowHazards=True?bAllowMascot=True?bAllowCustomClass=True?bAllowChangeClass=True?bForceRndClass=False?bCustomGame=True?NumPublicConnections=12?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPublicConnections=0?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bUsePeerNetwork=True?bCreateHost=True?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=False?bUsesPresence=False?bAllowJoinViaPresence=False?bAllowJoinViaPresenceFriendsOnly=False?bUsesArbitration=False?bAntiCheatProtected=False?bIsDedicated=True?OwningPlayerName=?PingInMs=0?MatchQuality=0.000000?GameState=OGS_NoSession?MapName=0?MatchDuration=2?OTDuration=2?ClassLimitAssault=6?ClassLimitTank=6?ClassLimitSupport=6?ClassLimitAssassin=6?ClassLimitGunner=6?ClassLimitSniper=6?ServerDescription="Name with Spaces" -ServerInstance=0 -log=DedicatedServer.log

You don't have to start the game from inside MNC, you can just use this. But steam must be running.
  13. yujay

yujay New Member

I assume this will include IP binding and Port binding?
    i.e my network adaptor on my box has 1 Master IP and 11 additational IPs in IP Settings on a Windows based server. Allowing multiple installs and client directories (To customise with thier own personal settings, and no access to other clients configs) on one machine.

EDIT: Also i read some where, the dedicated server is going to be unbound from Steam?
    This would allow us to install via hldsupdatetool.exe?? or simply download from uberent..

Regards
  14. racquemis

racquemis New Member

currently its only port binding, you can bind on IP using -multihome parameter, but that is currently broken. the dedicated server can already be unnound from steam by using -STEAM-DEDSERVER parameter. also a dedicated server package is in the works (read somwhere around 350 MB). about HLDStool, no clue.
  15. yujay

yujay New Member

Although Ports are endless alot of clients don't want servers that use excessively higher or random ports than the games popular or default ports.

So untill IP binding is supported, i will be unable to Host this game Freely since i run many Unreal Servers from UT-GOTY to UT 3 already... I tend to host atleast 3 - 5 Servers depending on how new and popular they are, and this game i wouldn't mind hosting with my voluntary and community Admins.

Keep up the Good Work!
  16. MisterNine

MisterNine New Member

I strongly believe hldsupdatetool is for source engine games only. (Half Life Dedicated Server Update Tool) so the chances of using that specific application to install an unreal engine game are zip, but they are working on a standalone server client.
  17. jeeringsole

jeeringsole New Member

^In most cases yes,

However, Killing Floor (which is non-valve/Unreal engine) is in the HLDSUpdate tool, as well as a plethora of mods for source.
  18. PsychoAlex

PsychoAlex New Member

Having some problems setting up multiple server's on my Dedibox. Standard command line parameters e.t.c. The seperate batch files differ only in the fact that one has a different name and is password locked for clan play. The server instance for the locked server has been set to 1 for the unlocked server it's set to 0. I can see the public server on the listings but not our private one. We can however connect to the private one via the command console.

Any idea's people?
  19. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Can you post your batch files? Also is your port forwarding range setup like this?

TCP 27000-27050
    UDP 27000-27050
    TCP 7777-7780
    UDP 7777-7780
  20. PsychoAlex

PsychoAlex New Member

Here's my batch files:

Code:
    START mnc.exe server HostileLobby?game=HostileGame.HGameInfo_PreGameLobby?bAllowJuicePurch=True?bAllowBotPurch=True?bAllowHazards=True?bAllowMascot=True?bAllowCustomClass=True?bAllowChangeClass=True?bForceRndClass=False?bIsLanMatch=False?bIsDedicated=True?bAllowTeamSelect=True?bAutoBalance=True?MatchDuration=2?OTDuration=2?ClassLimitAssault=2?ClassLimitTank=2?ClassLimitSupport=2?ClassLimitAssassin=2?ClassLimitGunner=2?ClassLimitSniper=2?ServerDescription="Cream Bun Community MNC Server#1"?GamePassword=?AdminPassword=cbcadmin -ServerInstance=0 -log=DedicatedServer.log -STEAM_DEDSERVER 
    EXIT
    Code:
    START mnc.exe server HostileLobby?game=HostileGame.HGameInfo_PreGameLobby?bAllowJuicePurch=True?bAllowBotPurch=True?bAllowHazards=True?bAllowMascot=True?bAllowCustomClass=True?bAllowChangeClass=True?bForceRndClass=False?bIsLanMatch=False?bIsDedicated=True?bAllowTeamSelect=True?bAutoBalance=True?MatchDuration=2?OTDuration=2?ClassLimitAssault=2?ClassLimitTank=2?ClassLimitSupport=2?ClassLimitAssassin=2?ClassLimitGunner=2?ClassLimitSniper=2?ServerDescription="Cream Bun Clan MNC Server#2"?GamePassword=cbclol?AdminPassword=cbcadmin -ServerInstance=1 -log=DedicatedServer.log -STEAM_DEDSERVER 
    EXIT
    We have a remote box and all the ports are already setup correctly.