Spunky Cola FREE DLC Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, November 30, 2010.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

That is All-Star and it forced. It was told to be forced for the get-go.
  2. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

I don't think you have a choice.

It sounds like you have prestiged, and are close to doing it again.
  3. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

I would kill to get a 90x90 GIF of the Sniper repeatedly knocking himself out on the Spunky can.
  4. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Aww. I was hoping for a sweet star next to my name. :(
  5. Perfidious Sinn

Perfidious Sinn New Member

Seconded.
  6. TomA_2010

TomA_2010 New Member

LOVE the new map, and then levelling system. Can't wait to play again after work.

Thanks Uber.
  7. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

So which level is the Scrambler supposed to be?
  8. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

Thanks for the news. Downloading DLC as we speak. So you can still juice-spam, that's good to know. Just can't spam 5x in a row, depending on how long the timer is. Ah, I'll find that out soon enough.
  9. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Do we know exact numbers on how long the timers are on the dispensers?
  10. quidmonkey

quidmonkey New Member

I really like how the DLC/patch leveled off money and k/d, so that there's no runaway MVP anymore with a ****load of kills.
  11. thrustbucket

thrustbucket New Member

I believe it's 60 seconds.

It should be 5 minutes.
  12. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

Well I got 2 new protags while testing to see if there was a specific bug fixed (which it wasn't) and guess what, there is no Bullseye icon next to the Locker Room in my main menu. There is also no Bullseye icon next to the Highlights section within my Locker Room, despite there being 2 new and unpurchased protags in my highlights. Hooray for 10 minutes of personal bug testing!
  13. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

5 minutes would be excessive.

But having two dispensers on two different 60 second timers isn't going to limit juice chaining as much as I had hoped, but its a step in the right direction. At least Uber doesn't swing the nerf bat too hard. Gradually changing things till its right is the best way to do it, imo.

So keep up the good work, Uber. You guys are an amazing dev team for staying so involved in this awesome game.
  14. thrustbucket

thrustbucket New Member

I honestly think the game would be more fun if the timers were on 3-5 minutes for juice, or make it 2x more expensive.

That combined with making juice last about 3x longer.

I know I'm in a minority though.
  15. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

Ok, I have a question.

I'm running Sniper with Silver Armor. Tank hits me with ONE railgun shot and I die immediately.

This happened three times in one match. I watched my body and the trail, it wasn't a crit railgun shot.

What changed that allows this?
  16. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

:| :eek: :shock: :(

I don't like the idea of this...

Have you tried to reproduce it in splitscreen? I'm at work otherwise I would try it...
  17. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Uber stated that the Cooldown for Juice machines were greatly increased.. first of all i wasn't aware that before the DLC they had a cooldown, lol. Now i can see it, but it doesn't really make much of a difference, the cooldown isn't significant enough, but its getting there.
  18. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

I found me another little graphical bug when looking through my available protags. I go to my highlights and next to my level is the Scrambler icon. I select a different protag, and a second Scrambler icon overlaps with the first one. Selecting another one appears to put a third Scrambler icon on top of the second one. This can repeat ad nauseum and after a dozen or so new selections causes the overlapping icon to look unusually bold and slightly distorted.

On a related note, some of my Highlight protags no longer show how many of them I have earned. For example, with Pain Drain I have 5 of, but for Trigger Man, it does not show a number.
  19. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

Well at least the new protags will give me something to spend my cash on. I honestly didn't think I wouldn't be able to afford a single protag.

It was also a nice change of pace to see 3 level 3 RockIts built at once along side the 2 Longshots I built and a ShavIce. The new lines Mickey Cantor has (the few I've heard anyway) are great. "Hey fans! If you brought your Sniper Rifle from home you're welcome to take a shot at Bullseye too!"
  20. JaffoPrime

JaffoPrime New Member

...I feel like I've had radically different experiences than you. Traps aren't anywhere closer to super powerful. Any Assassin who isn't functionally retarded manages to kill me, despite being surrounded by traps. As well as Assault. As well as...well, anything. They serve a purpose up to a point, I'm just saying that it's a lil' ridiculous to have an Assassin jump into a trap next to me and do a Grapple kill as they're getting frozen into place. It defeats the point of me throwing them down to try and keep people at a manageable distance.

Then again? It probably just means I'm not using my traps all that effectively. Or Sniper in general.

Mneh. It's probably just time for me to experiment more with other classes.