Spnky - the new exits - YouTube clips

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, February 2, 2011.

1. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Thank you! I need to test more where I can get with my jumpjets. I always pay the $50 atm. Then again, making that 2nd hop onto the Grenade III walkway might require a little coffeebreak on the small wall. Sometimes I feel like a large bug who needs to pump air into his muscles for the next short flight... :D

You can launch a map via console command. Most maps play like Blitz without bots, basically there is nothing to do but hop around. Very useful for a few snapshots though!

K, I'll make a vid of the FruitFucker 2000 too. :D

It was requested so you guys would know what to expect in the next big update. I assume the new exits are very likely, the FruitFucker, dunno.

PS: Do the new exits work? Hmm, that's a tough one. I haven't been in the unlucky situation that I had to use them yet. The PC version has only been up for a short while and there is not much spawncamping going on atm. People actually shoot the moneyball instead... :D

I'll let you know when I know more about it.
  3. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I'd like to see that.

As in, I'd REALLY like to see that happening. As in, they're probably not going to add it but keeping to optimism I sure do hope they support the 360 version EVEN MORE than the PC one and like, add exclusive content too so we don't get left out. Like what Valve did with the 360 updates for TF2. Which NEVER happened, like.
  4. Col_Jessep

Gentleman, don't panic. I'm sure they will test the new exits on the PC and they will be in the next big update. And you have exclusive content on the Xbox. You get themes and avatars and we get TF2 hats. I'm pretty sure MS and VALVe are not very interested in TF2 promotion stuff on the Xbox. So yeah, both platforms get similar and different stuff. I'm not having that discussion AGAIN in this thread.

Speaking of the FruitFucker 2000, the damn little bitch is on the lamb! I haven't seen him yet.
  5. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Speaking of that guy, what's stopping the FruitFucker 2000 from being i. . .

Nevermind, you did say.

I apologise.

PS (JUST ONE THING, THEN I'M DONE!): Avatars items and themes are NOT in-game items.
  6. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

7. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

That reminds me of the first time i saw bullseye man boobs and stupid cheesy dancing haha love it, thanks for the vid.
  8. Col_Jessep

9. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

Hehe, much more to the point than my link. I don't blame you for not getting up close to FF2000 with the other team all over him. That's why I found him in blitz :D.
  10. Col_Jessep

I tried to get him for over an hour in Blitz and then I gave up and played Crossfire. Bamm, first match: FruitFucker 2000!

After that almost headshot at 0:09 I thought to myself: Yup, this glass wall looks just fine to set up camp... xD

Btw, any chance we can get that 2nd Sniper vid? ;)
  11. kckzi

kckzi New Member

I might be alone on this, but I kind of hate the new exits. I like the idea/concept (though I see a few flaws in the gameplay like a gunner camping inside of it and protecting the bots at the same time), just not the follow-through. The long hallways with flame vents on the top looks visually awful. Same goes for the exits on the top spawn ring that were changed for the DLC. There has to be a way to extend/rearrange walls so it makes it impossible to get on top of certain areas. Just seems like the vents were quick/lazy fix.
  12. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

this
  13. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

You guys should read the PC forums more often...
  14. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Yeah, well, no, because some people may not play the PC version and opt to read the Xbox forums instead, like, you know?
  15. Col_Jessep

Gentleman, you have known me since before the game was launched. You know I had to wait a damn long time before the PC version was even announced. Now don't go all soft on me and start QQing that it is your turn waiting, ya ol' teddy bear! ;)
  16. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

Eh, people always like to find ways to complain. These guys just don't know how to wait for Summer 2008. I can't wait to get Badlands and Goldrush for TF2360!

As for the new exits, it looks like it will be harder to get a ringout on LazeRazor when enemy players are in your base. Not so much on the rest though, since the others are much more open in those areas to begin with.
  17. Col_Jessep

Well, I haven't had to use the emergency exits yet although I had two matches were we were pressed with the back to the wall for some time. But my trusted friend the Firebase kept the spawn ring pretty clear. I have not seen any heavy spawn camping in a while on the PC. Most teams try to end the game as quickly as possible. Of course we have more bots on the PC, so more money per player. Replacing a turret is not a big deal. There is more turtling going on. If you can take down the moneyball you better do it before the other team digs in.
  18. Ian

Ian New Member

Agree, looks awful. Exterior looks a bit blunt in places where it meets the ground. Interior is bland.

Potential fix? Community graffitti + family photos.

Give us a thread to go wild with ideas for decorations along those dreary grey walls. Framed pictures along the walls of (if possible) recently deceased Pros (with your Gamertag underneath, pic of your class). Photos of, say, deceased Mascots, the pig used to produce the bacon, bots with names (I demand RIP Peachy slim bot), Meet The Meatsacks, advertisements, Mickey Cantor's Mexican prison cell, Steven Pulchinski etc.

Then, perhaps some random community graffitti scrawled across the walls, a la Left 4 Dead e.g. a deceased bot called Hudson, with "No, I'M Hudson!" burned into the wall beneath the photo :D Not much, keep the walls clean and tidy, but a few Easter eggs along the halls would be hilarious

You could make it a competition. Give 5/10 people of your choice a Steam code/free upcoming DLC
  19. desertfalcon

desertfalcon Active Member

Where can you download or buy the PC version of Monday Night Combat?
    (Off topic but I wanted to know)
  20. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

Steam.