Speed and Juice Endorsements.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by grayfox, July 7, 2011.

1. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

They suck. Entirely. Can we make them not suck?

Juice Endorsement:

With juice pickups being so common at game start and steadily increasing in appearance towards game end, this perk is currently drop-dead awful. By far the worst of all the choices. (not to mention you get juice naturally)

Option A: More spawn juice! Too game-breaking and roflstomp.

Option B: No starter juice, but instead, an increased juice gained multiplier. x1.3, x1.65, x2 times juice production (and from pickups). Exceptions: Tank cannot access this boost while deployed. I like this idea! Multiplier values are open for discussion.

Option C: Affect the state of being juiced in some way. Duration, defensive boost, damage dealt, speed, rate of fire, or a combination of the five.

Speed Endorsement:

Who the crap buys this when speed drops on the floor all the time?

Option A: Lower the speed pick-up drop rate dramatically. This would hurt my ability to play all my classes. Don't do it!

Option B: Increase the speed boosts. I can barely feel Sprintz, and rarely even notice the Silver and Bronze versions. +100 isn't enough speed to be viable, I'm thinking double them all at minimum. This could lead to some ludicrous speeds, but I find myself getting there with pickups anyway. (assassin sprint-lunge-jumping across 2/3 of the map)
  2. Dagoth Wit

Dagoth Wit New Member

Certain tank builds benefit greatly from the speed endorsement. Also, shotgun oriented support builds.
  3. corducken

corducken Member

You say "certain builds" but tank and support both have things that are far, far more valuable in the gold/silver slot over speed to maintain effectiveness, and bronze speed is pretty much a nonexistent bonus.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Here are my personal wanted changes:

Juice Endorsement: Increase the amount of juice gained from a single juicebox.

Speed Endorsement: Would effect everything you do. Respawn time, Turret build time, Bot spawning delay, and even money gain.
  5. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

^
    Those sound viable, and within non-gamechanging limits.

For the speed endorsement, respawn time is probably the greatest of all things gained (especially for new players), and I like the rest. I figure turret buildup wouldn't feel too overpowered, even when replacing them while the ball is down. With bot spawn timers, you run into complications, as I'm not sure whether or not a 2nd player making use of your speedy spawn would be seen as teamwork or exploiting. Money gain, considering all these other boosts, would have to be tiny.

I understand some of the proposed endorsement changes in this thread may seem too powerful at first glance, but they have to be if they want to even get close to competing with the current builds.
  6. DeadStretch

Exactly. These two endorsements, as of now, are pretty much pointless.

They do "have" to seem too powerful as too make the decision making a bit harder. Do I want to survive longer, I.E Gold Armor, or do I want to help my team more, I.e. my speed suggestions.

My Juice suggestion seems like a no brainier but the Speed changes would have to be looked into further then a few simple ideas.
  7. Memorable

Memorable New Member

I like this. A lot.
  8. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

I see armor as helping you team as well. The longer you survive, the more effort the other team must expend in attempting to eliminate you, and less time in the respawn area allowing you to contribute more to your team.
  9. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

Everyone forgets about reload...
  10. DeadStretch

Which they have an endorsement for. If you are saying we forget that it is useless...I would have to say it depends on the class.
  11. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

I would call reload Mid-Tier. It finds great use in Blitz (where juice and speed still do not). For example, Tank Death-Blossoms in the very high levels.

Of course, any good blitz run involves all teammates involved eventually acquiring Bacon.
  12. DeadStretch

Yeah a lot of players tend to forget certain things work better in Crossfire but may not work in Blitz and vice versa.
  13. BillNyeTheScienceGuy

BillNyeTheScienceGuy New Member

I'm going to chime in here on the speed pickup. Let's look at some hard numbers. (Reference: http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8834)

Tank Base Speed: 500
    % Increase from each level...
    Bronze: 5%
    Silver: 10%
    Gold: 20%

vs

Assassin Base Speed: 650
    % Increase from each level...
    Bronze: 3.8%
    Silver: 7.7%
    Gold: 15.4%

The usefulness of speed upgrades is directly proportional to the base speed of the class so it's unlikely that you'll notice bronze speed on an assassin. Personally I usually run bronze speed on a close range tank build primarily so that I can get silver and gold via pickups a lot faster.
  14. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I use speed endorsements on my tank and gunner. It's especially good on the gunner who often fights from a distance where he can't get a lot of pickups

The thing about speed pickups is that if you're doing well enough to always be maxed out from them, then it probably doesn't matter anyway. They just make you win more when you're already winning. I'd rather be prepared for a rough go.
  15. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

There is no reason to ever use a reload endorsement in Crossfire, the game mode that people actually play. Sure, it's useful in Blitz; but I have never been killed by someone with a reload endorsement except on default Gunner. Doesn't that mean anything?
  16. DeadStretch

Believe it or not quite a lot of players DO play Blitz and only Blitz.
  17. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

I tried to play Blitz. Really forced myself into a day's worth of games, but the cash payout is horrendous if you're good at Crossfire.

(Not to say that Blitz can't be fun as hell)
  18. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

[​IMG]