spawn killing?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by TOM12121112, October 16, 2010.

1. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

How do you get rid of it? You already have 4 layers of defense. You have bots that should be distracting enemies. You have turrets that should be distracting enemies. You have pros who should be killing enemies. And plus you spawn in a safe zone and should know what your base looks like before stick your neck out. If these 4 layers fail, why do you deserve a 5th?
  2. mute

mute New Member

Meh.. some of you are talkin mostly out your rear; once the opposing team is mass spawnkilling its like 90% impossible to get any flow back to the point that you can recover. The game is already over if it has gotten to this point. The fact that it has gotten to this point is the revealing factor of why, not the fact that it is happening.

If spawn camping is going to be allowed, and it is, I think a good (as in better than nothing) counter to this would be to allow the homebase's team to fire out from the spawn area, while still blocking incoming fire. That could end up sucking too though as you might spawn only to find all your doorways crammed full of people not getting out of the way, but it'd be better than nothing. Otherwise, why give them the protection of a spawn room in the first place? Going out the doors can be like lambs to the slaughter.

At least the turret locations are being updated for the "bad" maps.. that should help some to keep people from camping within.

As far as wishful thinking goes (and this will likely never happen because the game is already The Game It's Going to Be): It would've been cool if Spawn areas on maps were more of Forts and had at least 1 single controllable turret/gun from a remote control "pad" within the base, or something along those lines. Not worth using during the game or when under attack, but useful when your spawn area/bridge is under seige. Or maybe just something that auto-fires on any non-teammate up there on that 2nd level. Equivlent to a hacked laser3.3 but with limited range (only protecting that second level). Juiced players could still get through there and corner shots, banked shots, peak and throws, etc. would still work since theres a wall protecting that front area.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Don't assume too much. By the time I read this thread "Hudson must have deleted the exact words I posted."

Oh well, I really don't care.
  4. southsidesox24

southsidesox24 New Member

I don't think you got what I was saying. I was talking about getting rid of people posting about things that won't change. You are saying it won't change, so stop posting about it. I was pointing out that most of the stuff on this forum is about stuff that won't change, so getting rid of it would be getting rid of most everything here.
  5. MojoTeq

MojoTeq New Member

A couple of days ago I picked up a pub against McxShammAss and his buddies and all I could see were assault bombs stuck to the forcefield doorway on every exit from the spawn. They were not trying to damage the moneyball, just standing there waiting for anyone to try to get out. I took the best advice I have seen here so far by stepping out, dieing, respawning as a support and overhealing my team mates as they tried to get out, and popped out just fast enough to stick a couple of airstrikes to their douchey heads.

Tell me this is anything other than griefing and K/D padding.

I then took my own best advice, muted every member of his team so I would recognize them if we got matched up, marked them as avoided players to hopefully lessen my chances of playing against them, and left the lobby. After several attempts to find a crossfire game without them in it, I gave up and played Blitz for a bit, then just switched to another game.

When faced with the choice of playing this game against people like that or not playing at all, I chose not at all.

Question:

Would it be possible to be able to shoot out from the spawn room maybe, like one way glass for bullets?? Also, I absolutely do not think it is right to be able to attach bombs to the forcefield "door."
  6. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

if i spawn trap a team its to help win the game by taking the ball down whilst taking down players, people that sit there trying to just farm you for there K/D are just stupid win/loss ratio shows real skill, k/d doesn't
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

i wouldnt mind being able to shoot from doors. though that would make it more necesary to have extra spawnroom doors so you dont get crammed in. at the same time, that would make them less appealing because everyone would be shooting from.

but if both were done, it would give turtle teams a boost. not like they need it but i suppose they could use it with how easy it is to reap them anyhow lmao.
  8. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

camping sniper on grenade.
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

...would only be able to see within their near-side bridge. again, this gives campers a force-shield to kill attackers through, which is why the devs didnt make the spawn doors like that. if they changed it, it would give campers a boost, but im not sure or not wether that would give them a overpowered buff... i suppose when they tested the game, the found it did give them too much of a buff, and that it was unfair. so this probably wont happen.

an ejector in the base sounds ok if it didnt insta-kill every pro in the base, because then there is no way to destroy said base without recieving heavy losses (there is a fine line between destroying turrets, attacking a moneyball, and spawn-killing). losing money is also a hard thing to do without making people quit playing if they got penalized wrongly, just for normally attacking the base. at the MOST, maybe pros should get a 30 second timer to be in the enemy base area, at the end of which they die.

why wouldnt expanding spawn-room doors and/or making more than one spawn-room help? or better yet, save the devs some time and just walk out of your spawn with 2 tanks and 4 supports all at once. no amount of firebases would stand up to that too well...
  10. MojoTeq

MojoTeq New Member

I like the idea of a 30 second timer, possibly. The problem is when pros all cluster on the upper ring. I could not care less if they want to be on the lower level shooting up. I have not actually looked at the lines of fire from the doors, but it seems on most maps the glass curves around in such a way as to limit them.

The argument of spawning 2 tanks and 4 supports is hella swell... except that I, and MOST people that play MNC don't have regular groups and play pickup pubs. It is awesome that some of you guys do have groups, but 90% (made up number) of players just don't. Unfortunately communication does jack all with some of these people. I spent 7 minutes a couple of days ago in a game on Grenade 3 trying to get some moron support (none were under level 25 on my team, and there were 3 of them, so I am not sure who it was) to pick up his firebase and deploy it somewhere OUTSIDE of the first spawn tunnel. For 7 minutes I tried nicely (with slowly progressing agitation) to explain that it could not shoot anything in there, and all I got in return was silence)

Good times.
  11. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

Great point! Sadly, most spawn killers do not see their actions as negative to the community as they are having fun while doing it.
  12. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

Hudson, feel free to pitch a tent on my lawn anytime, bro.
  13. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

i like how most people dont use the option i usually use. option "C". there isnt just an "a" and "b" you know. like most things in life, there are more options than alphabet.

Option C: find space in a party that can cooperate. teamwork can destroy spawncampers even if spawncamping ends up happening. but if your in a party, usually you will be on the team that can spawncamp if you choose.

Option D: spend some time finding a game that doesnt have huge-party against whatever comes in. if a game doesnt start 4 on 4, then most likely there is a 5+ person party in your game.

its not that its great, amazing, fantastic, marvellous, outstanding, wonderful, terrific, or any other adjective that describes a 3+ hit combo on street fighter. its just not as bad (and outright impossible and ungodly) as people claim it to be in these 6+ threads related to spawncamping.
  14. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Yeah, that ain't cool. People that play like that are ******* and probably need to re-evaluate their lives.
  15. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Also, if you could shoot out of the spawn base, wouldn't griefers then use that as a turtle defense. I just saying anything you use as a fix can be corrupted.
  16. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

first off, anything thats attached to spawn doors should be destroyed on impact, like throwing it off the map. that seems unfair, people being able to use the spawn doors like this
    And Hey, this is not a bad idea. seriously consider this:

what if the walkways connecting to the spawn-room doors damaged the enemy? i mean the entire half of the circle on the spawnroom side, but the half of the upper circle opposite of the spawnroom was okay to walk on (yes, people can spawncamp from there, but they cant be short-pecker-compensators by setting up firebases and bombs)

the bad thing is all the work the devs would have to do. to angle the jumppads to land on the circle and not the walkway right outside the door. to make such a surface that would only damage the enemy without damaging the team. to redesign the moneyball circle so it would keep spawn-camping to a minimum without affecting other aspects.

the good thing is no support (or his firebase) would be able to just stand there with a shotgun waiting for the enemy to walk out. no assaults would be able to place bombs on or near the walkway. supports airstrikes could be placed underneath, but they cant be used in a timely, easy, and spammable fashion to grieve the enemy in this way.

Here is another idea:

what if we made the spawn doors reduce range of bullets leaving the spawn, but you were still able to shoot out the spawn door?

bad side, the devs again might have a problem designing such a way for this to work.

good side, if someone camps within the upper moneyball area, you could shoot them from inside the spawn room. they couldnt shoot back. theyd hafta leave. yet you couldnt really shoot too far and you would have to leave to do any real pushing.

sometimes i wish i could somehow design the patches for these ideas, like computer games are. i could make the patch and release it for servers to use it, the community can play in these servers that forbid spawncamping, the devs could take a day off for a change and have to listen to these problems less lmao.
    Last edited: November 5, 2010
  17. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

Line of sight from inside the spawn prevents much griefing of this type. Sure you could still throw out Flak, Air Strikes, Bombs, etc. but again without much line of sight you can really only hit a few select areas. I see no problem with allowing players to fire out from inside their own spawn while still being protected. I would have to double check all the lines of sight but from what I recall the side entrances are already limited and the front one has minimal advantage.
  18. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

19. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

then the spawn campers would hide behind the walls and wait for the opened team to leave the safety of their base to kill them. Unless I'm mistaken, being able to shoot out with limited line of sight, would be useless if spawn campers already know the angles.

*I'm not trying to be a jerk, playing devils advocate.
  20. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

That's why you should use numbers, there are plenty of those.

I'm sure randoms will have no problem 1) finding a party to join, 2) joining said party, 3) working with the party properly, 4) becoming victorious over the spawn campers. Wouldn't the simple answer be to leave the game or to add some method to prevent it from happening in the first place? Yes, let's blame the player for not having a party. Genius!

Again, why blame the player for Uber's mistake? Having proper playlists to avoid large parties is not the responsibility of the random player. Also, you don't always join a game in time to see the teams being split so this is not a proper solution regardless.

If it was not an issue then there would not be 6+ threads related to spawn camping.