Spawn Camping Deterrent Idea

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by JON10395, January 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AtomGone

AtomGone New Member

Isn't it just like a programmer to put in a backdoor?

Also, I still like the trap floor idea. So assaults, Tanks and Gunners hover, IF they can predict it. it at least gives a moment to strike, but solves the other problems pretty well.
  2. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

And sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads...

[​IMG]
  3. Airwags

Airwags New Member

Nothing needs to be changed. People just need to realize that if they are being spawn killed nine times out of ten it's because the other team is better than theirs. The whole point of MNC is to drive the other team back into their own base and destroy their money ball. If your team lets this happen then you will be spawn killed and you will lose, get over it. We all know it's not fun but it's a legit part of the game imo.

My guess is that the people complaining use zero communication during the game. A team working together can break a spawn camp fairly easily given the teams are at least somewhat even.
  4. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Umm, I'm complaining and I RARELY have a problem with being spawn killed...
    Have you ever wondered why games like CoD are synonymous with douchebagery?
    Answer: Griefing.

The Developers have already said it is something they are working to prevent or deter. I would think that would be enough to tell you that they don't like it either. It's a form of griefing and gives players a bad experience in a game that already has a small community compared to CoD, Halo and others.

You were close when you tried to describe the object of the game. Unfortunately, if your team is spawn killing, you are not LEADING BOTS to the ball. If you think you will win by rushing to the enemy's spawn ring and killing, you are sorely mistaken. There is a How to Play video built in to the game. I suggest you watch it.

If you read the entire thread before posting here you would understand that suppressing pros after the ball has dropped is fine. In fact, it is a perfectly acceptable strategy.
  5. Airwags

Airwags New Member

Enemy players kill your bots. Spawn killing them prevents this from happening, therefore, spawn killing does help to push your bots into the enemy base. It is the ultimate form of map control which is essential in taking down the ball against an organized team.

No, spawn killing and not going for the money ball is griefing. Spawn killing to first allow your bots to take down the ball, then to protect teammates taking down the ball is a legit strategy. If a team is spawn camping you for 15 minutes and not going for the ball then yes, they're assholes. There are lots of them in the world, get over it.

And it's funny that you bring up Halo. Halo 1 was and probably still is the most competitive and balanced console FPS to date and it was full of possible spawn traps on every single map. It was universally understood however that if you were getting spawn trapped then either your teammate was doing something wrong or you were being completely outplayed. Adapt to the game and stop trying to make the game adapt to you, the real world doesn't work that way.
  6. Richy Woo

Richy Woo New Member

I agree with pretty much everything Airwags just said, If your being base locked and outplayed because your team is a total mess it really sucks.

But with a small game like this the feel good factor for new players is a huge consideration, Uber want newcomers to keep coming back and if they try out the game and consistantly get spawn killed by experienced team players and not getting much further out than the boundary of their own base they are not going to keep coming back and they are not going to recommend the game to their friends.
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Airwags just made an "enemy." I have to ask wtf are Airwangs?
  8. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Are you guys missing the point?

sigh...

Spawn killing is an acceptable strategy. I have never disagreed with this.

Spawn camping and not working the objective is NOT.

If you have the other team severely out-classed to the point that you spend a majority of the match in the enemy base, the match shouldn't go into overtime. If it does, you are not playing the objective.
  9. Airwags

Airwags New Member

As the saying goes man "Hate the player, don't hate the game". Your asking Uber to make a change to what you admit is a legit strategy because there are people who use it to grief. Even if they do somehow get rid of spawn camping there will still be assholes and they will still find ways of griefing.

Think of it this way. Spawn camping is gone. You no longer have problems getting out of your spawn but the other team is sitting back and killing you as soon as you leave your base and still not going for the objective. They are still griefing and people will still be complaining. Getting rid of spawn camping will not get rid of griefing.

lol, just saw this. Just nick name I was given by a friend a long time ago. Everybody knows Air Jordan, I'm Air Wags. Just, ya know... without the space or capitalization. And I'm not here to make enemies, just cuz i like MNC and competitive gaming in general.
  10. SkizoFrantiK

SkizoFrantiK New Member

I have to say, I have read all of the ideas, and in my opinion, a skill drain is too drastic! It would almost ruin the game for many players. You may find that after a change like that to the game, there would be another huge drop in players for MNC. We can't afford for that to happen again!! I already have several friends who have quit due to the last DLC. With all of the glitches this game already has(I love this game don't take it personal), I would not have confidence that this would be pulled off properly. I can see it now, people getting skill drained underneath of the spawn ring as well as on top of it. That would suck, not to mention, there are many times you may chase someone into the spawn ring, or simply cut through to get a couple of kills on some unsuspecting pros, you get yourself into some trouble, and there are no skills left to help get you back out of trouble?? That sounds terrible to ME!! I believe the real trouble is having only 3 doors to exit from the spawn area. Think about it, 3 doors, 3 ice traps! Not very well thought out if you ask me!!! That makes it so that one pro alone can effectively contain an entire team long enough for he/she and his/her teammates to rape the spawn area.

I would prefer the spawning from the bot spawn idea. Although, I don't think you should have to pay a fee. A simple teleporter in the spawn should do just fine. It would also allow the team to use different strategies, like spawning closer to the paid bot spawning stations. Although it could be abused if there was a turtleing support that wanted to overheal bots before they even left the spawn. That would have to be something the devs would work out! Perhaps a seperate area within the bot spawn that would not allow any interaction with the actual bots.

I also like the idea of maybe some ground level exits. Or maybe just a couple of holes in the floor of the spawn area that you could drop out from. Keeping them far enough apart to ensure that one icetrap could not catch multiple pros dropping from the holes. Maybe one in the front of the spawn and one in the back of the spawn.

I know the devs are experimenting with some rear door exits. That would also be nice, providing they don't add just one. If they do, they would need to ensure that it/they cannot be camped as well.

Thoughts?? :mrgreen:
  11. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Here I am responding to a thread that should have died already. :|

I guess I'll just place this here and hope it puts an end to the discussion...
    Although, I appreciate everyone's input. :)
    Thanks guys 'n gals!
  12. SkizoFrantiK

SkizoFrantiK New Member

I know that Jon10395. It was in my original post! I was posting in case the devs came back here to re-read the post or any of the replies. Or in case anyone thought that some of these ideas were any good! My intention was not to insult or annoy! Just hypathetic banter! I basically just wanted to put in my 2 cents!! :mrgreen:
  13. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

but to think of it, as much as i like the idea, the assassin is sometimes the only class that can hit the moneyball, by sneaking to the top ring, and having her smoke jump and cloak disabled would make her unable to anymore as well.

perhaps make the skill stop regening while in the enemy moneyball area. not drain, just lack of regen. that way the assassin can still sneak into it, and the assault can still use a bomb, but they only have 1 meter of it to work with before being barebones.
  14. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Sorry Skizo, I wasn't trying to be rude. I was just pointing out that the Devs were going in a different direction and my idea was a moot point. That is all.
    Like I said before:
  15. Scented Midget

Scented Midget New Member

HOW DARE YOU TRY AND END THIS THREAD
    [​IMG]
  16. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We get it. This discussion is done.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.